Why Isn’t All The Looney Tunes Shorts Shown?

Latest News & Videos

Mr Flintstone

Feb 12, 2008
Bedrock
Boomerang has really gotten bad as of late. It seems as if they show the same toons over and over. They’ve been bad before, but I think they’re at their worse right now.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Mar 11, 2005
California, USA
adultswim.toonzone.net
Boomerang has been like this for years. They have a vast library of animated shorts and only show a few of them. It's not just Looney Tunes, but Tom & Jerry and other series as well.

Considering how Turner and WB have been somewhat at odds with each other regarding licensing, I think that might have been an issue. Now that WB has direct control over the Turner networks, we can only hope that this restructuring will help improve that problem.

Reactions: AdrenalineRush1996

Looney Turtles

May 11, 2014
s15.zetaboards.com
Yes, I can confirm that the current schedule is the worst its ever been. The number of shorts shown now are even more limited. When they added shorts like "A Cat's Tale" months back, it gave me some hopes, but like the others, it just ended up airing again and again, as if they are on autopilot.

Daffyfan2002

$enior member
Feb 7, 2002
Visit site
Yeah. I remembered CN aired most of the classics, minus the "Missing Hares" the "Censored 11" and for a time the Speedy cartoons. Of course, I don't get Boomerang so I'm not one to talk. All I can say is thank goodness for the Golden Collection DVDs.

wiley207

Jan 20, 2009
USA
Yeah, I'd also like to see a lot more classic WB cartoons added to the Boomerang streaming service as well.

gameshowrecaps2019

May 12, 2019
Atlanta, GA
Simply put they don't care about the Looney Tunes lineup. It's the same shorts all week with some shorts airing 2-3 times a week.
That's why I made up a channel called "Slap Hoppy TV".

Looney Turtles

May 11, 2014
s15.zetaboards.com
Simply put they don't care about the Looney Tunes lineup. It's the same shorts all week with some shorts airing 2-3 times a week.
That's why I made up a channel called "Slap Hoppy TV".
Yeah, it's all on autopilot now. Well, it was before too, but it's even worse now. Maybe the new Looney Tunes shorts could change that? It would be interesting to see some of them added to the rotation.

gameshowrecaps2019

May 12, 2019
Atlanta, GA
If they could update prints and low pitch prints (Big Top Bunny recently was low pitched), how come they can't add any Looney Tunes Shorts.
Another user has been uploading their own Boomerang including some of the Looney Tunes that never air such as A Message to Gracias and A Peck O Trouble.

gameshowrecaps2019

May 12, 2019
Atlanta, GA
It's still repetitive tho. Tooncast handles Looney Tunes way better. As I'm typing, What's Brewin Bruin is on Tooncast. Boomerang US is repetitive.
Edit: As of 10:34 AM, We, the Animals Squeak is airing, colorized on Tooncast.
Why can't Boomerang air colorized prints?

Last edited:

MagicMagilla

Oct 30, 2014
Well back in the day CN did used to air colorized and/or "redrawns" during the day and then the black and white versions at night. But I don't think many of the Looney Tunes diehard ever regarded those as anything short of annoying.

The lineup changes are slow but Boomerang and Adult Swim are clearly tossing throwbacks and gags into their lineups over the course of the last month or so. On their own maybe they'd be coincidences but together they all look rather symbolic.

I also can't help but notice no other Turner channel is burning through un-aired material as fast as CN is. They might just be goofing around with the schedule now before the larger shift that more than likely is coming. Much of the same thinking going on at HBO/TBS/TNT/Trutv is likely to be on its way to CN/Boomerang/AS/Toonami (whether some era of CN fans like it or not).

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Sad news, no more CN EMEA schedules anymore for a while.
The Wayback Machine is closed for a long time.
The Internet: a place where ideology and opinions turn into a street fight.
I know it probably won't happen in the near future, but I wouldn't mind if Universal Kids does air Voltron: Legendary Defender or She-Ra: Princesses of Power... if the channel still exists in the next few years.
I’m liking Amphibia so far. It’s like a combination of Big City Greens and Gravity Falls.