Why I hate Cyborg in Young Justice: Outsiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeiledHat

Hi, um, I'm Moxy, and, uh, uh, that's Flea!
Warning: this is a very unpopular opinion.

I do not like Cyborg in this show. Why? Three words: "YOU RUINED ME." That whole scene where he disrespects his father for saving his life made me outright hate this character. And he tries to KILL HIS DAD to top it all off! (I refuse to believe it was the Father Box. I think Cyborg was lying.) I think Cyborg should have a more positive reaction to his new cybernetics in more works.

Now, I've gotten the whole "BUT HE JUST LOST HIS LIMBS (and in this case HIS GPA DOESN'T MATTER ANYMORE) and HE WANTED TO BE A FOOTBALL STAR." I wish he just accepted it as a necessity. Sure, he can be sad and angry that he can't play football anymore, but what matters most is that his dad finally paid attention to him and saved his life. He's being ungrateful here. Besides, he still has a dick.

I can't grasp the fact that his Father Box was removed and he's lightening up more because I have practically associated this show's Cyborg with "YOU MURDERED MY FUTURE" and all, and thus I think it should be the norm for Cyborg to be like that. I'm sorry.

The reason I think Cyborg should have a more positive reaction? Well, I grew up only knowing TTG and I only saw the episode of the original Teen Titans where Cyborg got a virus (so I didn't know he didn't like his cybernetics at the start of the series), and seeing how happy Cyborg was in TTG, I thought he was happy with his cybernetics from the very start. And then THIS comes along, and the part at 0:22-0:28 downright made me think he was happy with his cybernetics. I couldn't accept the fact that he was actually angry about them and I even got called "retarded" because of that. Now I'm a bit okay with the fact he was angry because I can understand, but I want a more positive reaction above everything else.

The only good thing to come out of Cyborg's reaction for me is that I troll Zeno Robinson on Twitter Seanbaby-style. I mean no harm to him.

I blame Six Flags.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
I can't believe we are at the point where I have to explain to someone why some people may not like the idea of permanently looking like this

Also the reason for Victors accident was because he went to his dad because the latter didn't go to his football game so if Professor Stone actually payed attention beforehand he would't look like battle damaged Terminator.

VeiledHat

Also the reason for Victors accident was because he went to his dad because the latter didn't go to his football game so if Professor Stone actually payed attention beforehand he would't look like battle damaged Terminator.
But he wouldn't be a superhero!

And I feel being a cyborg is cool!

VeiledHat

He didn't want to be a superhero he wanted to play football
Football is boring. smh

I guess I'm not ready for Cyborg anywhere if I act like this. Maybe I should just stick to Black Vulcan, a superhero who WANTS to be a superhero.

Why am I marginally okay with Cyborg in the Justice League movie and Cyborg in the Rebirth comics but not this one? Oh yeah. His freaking angsting as soon as he sees his cybernetics. Those two versions of Cyborg didn't angst like that!

War-bearer

I think Black Lightning in Young Justice Outsiders is a far worse character. Talk about emo.
Because he is grown adult who did not like it that he was being controlled by Batman who is usually a control freak which is understandingly why his teammates are usually kids

War-bearer

It's because he's a grown adult which is why his tantrums are tiresome.
But kids would not know better since they would understand what right or wrong. And Black lightning was experiencing trust issues and felt that Batman might be a compulsive liar to him.

I think Cyborg had a bad day and suffered from PSTD but at least he was not stupid like in Justice League War where he just ripped out a console out without realizing the potential danger.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Black Lightning's tantrums were hardly Batman exclusive. The guy was a complete whiner and total loser. If the dude really had trust issues, maybe he shouldn't have joined up with a covert operations team. Because secrets is pretty much all they're about. He's an idiot.

War-bearer

Black Lightning's tantrums were hardly Batman exclusive. The guy was a complete whiner and total loser. If the dude really had trust issues, maybe he shouldn't have joined up with a covert operations team. Because secrets is pretty much all they're about. He's an idiot.
But you only like Batman just how my nephews only know him and not just them and I have been seeing other wanting Batman to join the Avengers

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
In comparison to Cyborg on this show. You are talking about entirely different continuities, and even franchises.

I'm done. I've said my piece and this is getting off-topic.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
The man is divorced, killed a child, witness another child deaths in a similar manner, found out the League was in a conspiracy(which involved creating fake news, manipulating the Outsiders, and lying to their fellow leaguers) and was manipulated by Doctor Jace. I feel as if he is justified for being a little whiny.

Because secrets is pretty much all they're about. He's an idiot.

There is a difference between using stealth to gather intel and lying to your fellow teammates, remember when that happened before and Kaldur got turned into a vegetable.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Football is boring. smh

I guess I'm not ready for Cyborg anywhere if I act like this. Maybe I should just stick to Black Vulcan, a superhero who WANTS to be a superhero.

Why am I marginally okay with Cyborg in the Justice League movie and Cyborg in the Rebirth comics but not this one? Oh yeah. His freaking angsting as soon as he sees his cybernetics. Those two versions of Cyborg didn't angst like that!

I'm positive that plenty of superheroes didn't start out wanting to be one. Cyborg isn't really different in that regard. Given that he nearly died, can't play football, which was his dream and that would sting regardless of how you feel about football, and thought of himself as a freak, I think Cyborg's angst over not being completely human anymore is more than justified.

VeiledHat

But his angst is so over the top in this one I can't take it. "You ruined me"? Seriously? You don't even look bad, Cyborg. You're only one fourth machine.

I wish there was a Cyborg who had a more positive reaction to his cybernetics. One who would say "Thanks, Dad, even if I don't like these" instead of... well... being ungrateful...

Oh my God. I forgot that Seanbaby exists.
I love his Super Friends riffs. "I know I would probably scream, 'Great Lightning!' if I ran into something made out of lava and big enough to eat me"

Mod Note: Double Post merged. Use the Edit button instead of posting multiple times in a row.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
The man is divorced, killed a child, witness another child deaths in a similar manner, found out the League was in a conspiracy(which involved creating fake news, manipulating the Outsiders, and lying to their fellow leaguers) and was manipulated by Doctor Jace. I feel as if he is justified for being a little whiny.
Except he's supposed to be a superhero that I am should root for. When did it become okay for superheroes to be mopey and whiny, no matter the reason? I think it's weird that the show asks us to accept that. I certainly don't.

Me? I like cool superheroes. And I don't find that preference unreasonable at all.
There is a difference between using stealth to gather intel and lying to your fellow teammates, remember when that happened before and Kaldur got turned into a vegetable.
Not in that line of work there isn't. It's called the compartmentalization of information. All spy agencies work under it, and if the writers think every secret agent knows, (or is even entitled to know) every national secret, then Weisman isn't operating under the reality he claims the show is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I think I kno why Nicktoons brought back older shows, as well as NickRewind, I think it might have something to do with Tooned In. Tooned In is a trivia game show with Nickelodeon cartoons trivia questions.
New page on the RegularCapital Audiovisual Research Wiki: 4Kids Entertainment Nearly Launched A TV Channel In The UK 4Kids Entertainment Nearly Launched A TV Channel In The UK
Ricky Roxburgh, one of the writers for Monsters At Work, said how he isn't thrilled that the show didn't get mentioned that much in the article. He compares the situation to that of Tangled The Series (which he also worked on).

We do have Nickelodeon on netflix thread, I wonder why nobody is using it other than me? It was last active on Nov 2019
It kills me that Jojo Siwa has a Wikipedia page and DCU's James Tucker doesn't.

Featured Posts