Why doesn’t Gumball have Funko Pops?

• Enter to win two tickets to Whisper of the Heart. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

HomsarHomsar

Jan 13, 2017
Title.
It’s basically Cartoon Network’s 2nd most popular show behind TTG and yet has been completely snubbed with this and other merch. I always wondered why?

HomsarHomsar

Jan 13, 2017
Don't know. For a start, Gumball isn't a DC Comics property. Comic book characters are an easier prey for Funko Pop figurines.
A lot of non DC properties have been licensed to Funko. Adventure Time, We Bare Bears, Teen Titans Go, And Steven Universe all have Funko Pops.

Reactions: Fone Bone

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
Apr 23, 2007
In the now, man
animrevelation.web44.net
I've mentioned before that I believe Ed, Edd n' Eddy to be the Gumball of its time, and I also believe in the reverse- both are clearly among the popular shows of their eras, but never received much love in merchandise.

As to why? Personally, I think some of the people involved don't know what to do with either series, marketing-wise, while other shows, ala Powerpuff, Dexter's, Adventure Time, We Bare Bears, etc simply seem more marketable.

Reactions: HomsarHomsar

Asa

Jul 5, 2016
It'd been nice if Gumball and Darwin got funko pops for themselves.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Carlos Gutierrez wrote on PinkiePie97's profile.
I really do need to see Unikitty, Puppycorn, Dr. Fox, Hawkodile, and Richard come back for more new adventures this summer!
Happy Father's Day to all dads out there (including my own)!
Homestar Runner was trending yesterday and I didn't notice. Is the series all up ons again?
Amphibia looks pretty deece so far. The premise is like the isekai anime genre, except the main protagonist isn't stuck in a typical fantasy RPG world that most isekai anime take place in.