Why do people don't like later seasons of Total Drama?

Latest News & Videos

Nov 20, 2019
Serbia
www.twitch.tv
I have noticed that some people here hate later seasons of Total Drama. I read some older posts when the show began, and it was almost universally praised, but people don't like latest seasons. Why aren't they liked?

Last edited:

Spacething7474

Thanks for watching “Jake glides down the whivers”
I don’t hate it, but I don’t really care for most elements the show has. I’m only drawn in due to the characters, and even then, only the cast of Pahkitew Island still amuses me enough to rewatch that season.

This is why I find Total Dramarama a lot better. It takes the best aspect from the show, and puts it in more unique and interesting stories.

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Elizabeth,NJ
Island and World Tour were great, Action was good, but it had some character derailment and Beth is just not an interesting character to care about. The Ridonculous Race spin-off was great as well. The other seasons with the new cast was bad, All Stars however, was abysmal. It was the ultimate nosedive of the franchise.
I enjoy watching Total Dramarama, even if it feels like it doesn't focus on certain characters enough.

EdCNPowerpuffDrama

Oct 11, 2016
From what i've seen, most people like the first 3 seasons and don't care for the rest. I have only seen like, 2 or 3 people that hate everything about it. I don't think this thread is necessary.

Reactions: ShadowBeast
Nov 20, 2019
Serbia
www.twitch.tv
From what i've seen, most people like the first 3 seasons and don't care for the rest. I have only seen like, 2 or 3 people that hate everything about it. I don't think this thread is necessary.
Ok, I was a little to extreme.I can somtimes get little extreme. I wanted to ask why people don't like later seasons of Total Drama. Should I change the title of my thread?

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Elizabeth,NJ
I wanted to ask why people don't like later seasons of Total Drama. Should I change the title of my thread?
Yeah, because otherwise everyone is just gonna think the thread is about the whole series.

As for why people didn't like the later seasons, the whole thing with the toxic waste in Revenge of the Island was a bad concept(especially when the TDI special confirmed that the island wasn't an actual and was attached to the mainland), and Dakota did not deserve to be turned into a mutant. With Pahkitew Island, again another bad concept, except with robots. Chris was always cheap with everything in the previous seasons and so him having and island made with robot wildlife didn't fit with his budget. The problem with the later seasons is that unlike the first three seasons, which had at least certain amount of realism to them, the later seasons however were zany and tried to be unrealistic by adding mutants and robots. Plus some of the new characters weren't as good as the original cast, however, One positive I do have to say about Revenge of the Island and Pahkitew Island, is that they did have some good characters, though Pahkitew Island had more of them.
With All-Stars, forget it, the whole plot was horrible and a lot of characters' personalities were derailed. Gwen from TDI would not beg Courtney to forgive her the way she did, and Duncan was made into a laughing stock. The new villain, Mal had so much potential, but it felt wasted as even he couldn't handle Chris's ruthless challenges. There was also the ridiculousness of the island sinking despite the fact that it was confirmed to have been part of the mainland in the special after the first season. Supposedly, the plot and eliminations was suppose to be different, but I can't remember where I heard of this, I'm pretty sure it was a thread on this site. But it was a far better plot that what they went with.

If you're counting the Ridonculous Race(despite it being a spin-off show), I have not heard anyone criticize it and from what I saw, it was a great spin-off series that brought the franchise back to Total Drama's earlier seasons.

Reactions: The Overlord

TheJLeeTeam

Beak Freak & Bronikitty
Sep 9, 2018
USA
www.deviantart.com
I’m biased but Action was my favorite because it was the one I started with and I liked the movie themes. I also liked parts of Island and World Tour. I wasn’t a fan of Revenge minus Dawn. After that I was no longer into Total Drama.

Reactions: Spacething7474