Why DO Animation and Comic Book Fans Always Get The Short End Of The Stick?

Latest News & Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgr91686

knowledgable John Wayne fan
Jul 24, 2008
Pocatello, Idaho.
I don't see how comic book fans and animation fans are getting the short end of the stick. Sorry, I just don't. because right now as both a comic book fan and animation fan I feel that the all is right with the world.

Collie

Total Drama Llama
Jun 14, 2008
United States
I see two things occurring with Disney buying Marvel.
1. Nothing changes. Marvel remains its own brand, with little more than a line of fine print in the indicia indicating that Marvel is now a subsidiary of Disney. Disney gets their share of the profits, and Marvel continues to print their 'stories' as they do now.

2. Disney exercises some executive control and makes Marvel actually have their superheroes act like superheroes, rather than having them be the default protagonists solely because they're not quite as bad as the supervillains.

I'm expecting 1, but hoping for 2.

Megumi

★ No One's Dream Anymore ☆
Jan 19, 2009
New York City
It started with CN putting on CNreal and Live-Action and now Disney bought Marvel???
Cartoon Network adding Live-Action shows isn't sticking it to cartoon lovers. They're stil adding new cartoons to their channel this year. Also, Disney buying Marvel is far from a bad situation.

Goldstar Neo

Good Morning!
Jun 4, 2007
Cartoonsville
animationnation.proboards20.com
It started with CN putting on CNreal and Live-Action and now Disney bought Marvel???

With all due respect, you're overreacting. Granted, Cartoon Network's decision to embrace live action is ridiculous, but the execs aren't doing it to mess with the fans; they're doing it to get a piece of that sweet ratings candy. It's not as though CN executives are a bunch of mustache twirling villains who randomly add and remove shows just to make the fans cry. As long there are still animated programs coming down the pike, I won't complain...much.

Also, I fail to see how Disney acquiring Marvel is a bad thing. It's not like the content of any of the Marvel shows/movies will change because of it. Disney has had adult divisions for years. Time Warner has owned DC for years and no one's complaining about that. Besides, this just happened today. Kind of early to be lamenting this business decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.