Why Did You Choose Your Current Avatar Version 4.0

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
Queensryche's Operation: Mindcrime has been on my mind, so I decided to change my avatar to it. The story still holds up, even if certain elements get a little ridiculous, like the rap in "Spreading the Disease", but it maintains terrific pacing and songwriting throughout. This came out the same year as Iron Maiden's Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, which I'd consider its equal, no small feat considering Maiden at their prime.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
Apologies about the double post (although to be fair it's been a good month since that last one), but I decided to try something new and changed my avatar to Husker Du's Zen Arcade.

It's funny, I didn't really get into this band when I was in high school/early college, when I was getting into the college rock/indie scene, but now years after I've lost interest in a lot of those acts, now I appreciate Bob Mould's songwriting. This is how I like my melodic hardcore, with clever transitions, strong melodies, and great ideas throughout. I come back to it fairly often now, as well as most of their other work.

ToonJay723

Staff member
Scorbunny will probably be my starter Pokemon in Sword or Shield.

Nick Mick

Now forget and be content ♥
Buzz Buzzard, because his 3 Woody Woodpecker shorts (Wet Blanket Policy, Drooler's Delight and Wild and Woody) are my personal favorites in the entire film series!

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
Well then... I thought that my Husker Du avatar was going to show up, but it looks like it's still been Queensryche the whole time, and I just noticed. Awkward.

So I decided to change it again to one of my favorites from 2018, Zeal & Ardor's Stranger Fruit. The concept of the act came from the founder asking reddit which two genres of music to combine, with one commenter suggesting black metal and uh, black music. The first album was an exciting bandcamp release, but this sophomore attempt feels and sounds much bigger and more confident, making the concept feel natural and not at all a novelty. The heavier waves of black metal somehow compliment the use of tribal hymns and blues influences wonderfully, and doesn't tire. This is a rare heavy album that I'd recommend for non-metal fans, it's that good and varied.

ShayL

The Brave Little Toaster is one of my favorite movies from my childhood. Even though it's an 80s movie I was one of those kids that watched it on VHS. I feel like it is very underrated and I hardly ever see people talk about it. There are some occasions where I've run across postings on the internet (or videos about it) but it doesn't happen often.

jaylop97

Staff member
Picked Kyd Wykkyd from Teen Titans, since it came to me recently after watching LightSpeed, he was always such a cool silent type.

Radiant97

Uploaded Intelligence
I love Ryuko from Kill la Kill. She's cool. I might change it to Nonon at some point because I also love her character, but for now, I'm going with Ryuko.

Last edited:

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Just for the record, I have been strongly considering over the years to have my username changed to "Matt Zimmer". It's just, I LIKE the idea that I've had the exact same user name and Avatar since 2004. So it will probably never happen.
I am also now thinking I should keep this avatar forever. But I thought the same thing with the previous avatars. I always end up changing my avatar after about 4 months :sweat:
z1e621jpffr7u.png

There are ToonZoners I don't know at all because I can't remember their name and their avatar changes too often. I hope my name is easy enough to remember, despite all my avatars.

Dr.Pepper

I changed mine to a Big Bang Theory Avatar. I meant to do this on Thursday. BBT has been a big part of my life since it started in 2007 and I feel empty now.

Radiant97

Uploaded Intelligence
I came across a Haruko appreciation thread on Twitter, and I remembered just how much I love her (not in a weird way, mind you), which is why I decided to change my avatar to this. That's literally the only reason. Till next time, Ryuko.
I hope my name is easy enough to remember, despite all my avatars.
I hope my name and avatar changes don't confuse people too much either. All two of my previous names start with "Rad" so it can't be that hard to remember right? Anyways, I'm gonna use Radical Buster for the rest of my time here, but I can never decide on the perfect avatar, so y'all'll have to bear with me ;).

Last edited:

Radiant97

Uploaded Intelligence
Been obsessing over Keanu Reeves lately, so I decided to change mine to this very beautiful picture of him.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
It's been a while since I changed my avatar, so I decided to switch over to a recent discovery of mine, George Harrison's Cloud Nine. I've always been of the mind that the Beatles were meant to record together, and that their solo stuff was of seldom importance, even other material from George, my favorite Beatle. I still somewhat feel that way, but I do really like most of this work, which contains some of George's most successful solo hits, primarily chart-topping "Got My Mind Set On You" and Beatles throwback "When We Was Fab". Jeff Lynne's production is nice and smooth, helping to make this a nice compliment to his work on fellow Wilbury Tom Petty's Full Moon Fever just two years later.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts