Why Did You Choose Your Current Avatar Version 4.0

Dr.Pepper

I decided I needed a change so I went for Pikachu with a present. It’s in the Christmas spirit and I’ve been nostalgic for Pokémon lately.

LinusFan303

A fan of Peanuts in their 70th year
Going with Ricky from "The Casagrandes" winter wear perfect for uh winter. Plus he seemed like an appealing background character.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
It's been a while since I've done a new avatar, so let's spice things up by upping the irons to Maiden's Dance of Death.

If I'm being real, this is my least favorite of the band's 20th century triumphs, and easily has the lamest cover art, but it is important to prove that Brave New World was no fluke, and Maiden are better than ever now. There are a couple of clunkier tracks, but the infectious harmonies of singles "Rainmaker" and "Wildest Dreams", the acoustic influences of the title track and "Journeyman", and the powerful war epics of "Paschendale" and "Face in the Sand" is more than enough to make it a modern day classic.

ShadowBlinky

Ooooooh.
My avatar is from the movie "Horton Hears A Who". I not only thought it was cool, but it's also in honor of Blue Sky Studios (who did the movie) and of Dr. Seuss whose birthday is this month (today, actually!)

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
I wanted something different, so I went for Iggy Pop's The Idiot. This was his first solo album, which was produced by David Bowie after the two moved into the Chateau d'Herouville to help each other fend off their drug addictions, as a way to get their habits off their mind. This isn't as aggressive as the Stooges, and honestly sounds more like a spin-off from Bowie's Berlin Trilogy, which is a compliment in my book. It's a pretty good introduction to Iggy's new sound, which he'd evolve over the years.

LinusFan303

Have gone to Zach from The Loud House, I especially liked this image of him from the "Zach Attack" episode.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
I wanted something new, so I decided to go with Mos Def & Talib Kweli's one album as Black Star, Mos Def & Talib Kweli's Black Star. This is a great hip-hop album, and I don't have much else to say right now.

Low Spark of Lyman

Now it's the Bart Simpsonized version of Garfield from "The Automated, Animated Adventure". It was during a series of attempts at giving Garfield a new design- but as the fat cat would say, "I gotta be me".

Dr.Pepper

I changed my avatar to this really old Kids Next Door promo. I’ve been rewatching it on HBO Max lately and I’m obsessed with it, or more like obsessed with the nostalgia I have for it.

LinusFan303

I'm back to Linus after a length of time , along with Violet too! Had to return to my favorite Peanuts character at some point.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I had the last one for a long time and wanted to keep it forever, but I missed having a Spirou avatar. I have been buying a lot of Spirou comics and even French magazines as of late. I have noticed that my French is still good enough to read comics. I keep up with a vocabulary list on my computer with useful words that I had to look up. Hopefully I will eventually reach a stage where I don't need to look up anything anymore. Once I graduate, I will get a subscription to Spirou and read it every week.

My hair is even a bit like a quiff today. This avatar just fits me better, I think. The previous one was maybe too "cool".

Anyway, this is my 4th Spirou avatar.
All my avatars.png

Last edited:

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
I wanted something new, as I've had Black Star for a while. I thought about doing something a little heavier, as I've recently added a bunch of metal albums to my collection, but I decided to go in the opposite direction and picked Blondie's Parallel Lines. I had this one on the other day, and it slaps.

This is their breakthrough and arguably their biggest album, featuring hits such as "One Way or Another" and "Heart of Glass", and has a great groove throughout. Some tight pacing all around, I'd say that it's probably the one Blondie album to check out if you want to delve beyond their greatest hits.

Palk Áron 2002

2000s Hungarian TV Blooregarder
A month ago, I switched to my current avatar. The reason for this is that the 2004-2010 Cartoon Network logo was the most nostalgic era I grew up with. As of 14 May this is also my YT avatar.

Before 10 April, I used the one from my Youtube channel (it was my name in the three initials, in lowercase and a futuristic style).

JaredCap43™

Forever, Fight as One!
I was watching Medabots and I really like Metabee
When I see the icon when I push a bell, I for some reason see it as a character from one of the animes that Nick Jr. aired in the late 80's/early 90's.

Anyways, I chose this picture of Felix because I thought it just looked really funny, and I started using it on the day Peacock launched.

Looneyfanfan

IT'S BREAK TIME METABEE
When I see the icon when I push a bell, I for some reason see it as a character from one of the animes that Nick Jr. aired in the late 80's/early 90's.

Anyways, I chose this picture of Felix because I thought it just looked really funny, and I started using it on the day Peacock launched.
BRUH LMAO

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Today marks the 10th Year Anniversary of when the 3DS Remake of Ocarina of Time was released in North America. Being able to play one of my favorite video games on the go has been very nice, to say the least.
Yesterday was Charlie Gavin's last day on The Mighty Ones.

It seems that Boomerang will be gone from my local cable operator between June 22 and July 14.
Why are people in 2021 still acting like Johnny Test is the worst thing that ever happened in human history

Featured Posts