Why did Adult Swim stop showing Shin Chan?

Tacartoon

The last time I remember seeing it on TV was in 2009, but then it suddenly disappeared from the schedule. Did they lose the rights to it or something? From what I remember it didn't have bad ratings.

GolfDude

funimation only had access to soo many episodes, and since they often took parts from multiple episodes to make one, they pretty much ran through what they had.. it wasnt kept in its original format, and some episodes just couldnt be redubbed in their joke format, so they had to be thrown out from any type of use..

Golden Geek

Gera Gera Po
It's a shame Adult Swim never aired the last season, but it came out in the weird in-between period between 2008 and 2012 in terms of anime on Adult Swim in which picking up comedies was definitely out of the question (heck, it still was on Toonami up until the point the show was completely out of the question for getting that final season ever aired).

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Okay Golden Geek what are you talking about "last season" since last I checked, Crayon Shin Chan is still AIRING In Japan and like the Simpsons is still going with new episodes every year. I know the Manga ended but the anime didn't so for the show there still really isn't a "last season" as of now as in "something to signify the show is over" because you know it's NOT OVER.

Honestly the reason the dub ended is because well it just couldn't do large enough numbers to jusitfy it continuing on Adult Swim. I mean it didn't do terribly but keep in mind Shin Chan was one of the last series they really tried promoting weekly daily episodes for an anime instead of just you know the Saturday anime slot and were putting it on between reruns of Family Guy and Aqua Teen where it wasn't performing at a high enough number to keep jusitfying doing especially since due to writing style of how they had to make Shin Chan in order to make the comedy make sense as originally a lot of Shin Chan would be otherwise unrelatable puns for a western audience, so yeah it was decided just to end the dub of it. Sub wise the anime still airs in Japan but yeah doubt we'll ever see a full dub of all the episodes ever come to this country.

SpaceCowboy

Since it last aired on Adult Swim, there now exists another English dub done by the Spanish licensor (based on the Castilian-Spanish dub). I've never seen this particular dub, so I wouldn't know if it would fit Adult Swim's demographic. The show continuously airs in Spain and is very popular there.

Last edited:

Golden Geek

Gera Gera Po
Okay Golden Geek what are you talking about "last season" since last I checked, Crayon Shin Chan is still AIRING In Japan and like the Simpsons is still going with new episodes every year. I know the Manga ended but the anime didn't so for the show there still really isn't a "last season" as of now as in "something to signify the show is over" because you know it's NOT OVER.

I was referring to the last season that Funimation dubbed.

How to Make Money as a Kid 2

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I don't want a Playstation 5 for all of the new "next gen" games coming, I just want a PS5 so I can just play my PS4 games without my PS4 console sounding like a rocket engine blasting off. (...So tired of seeing the PS5's sold out everywhere....)
Who remembers playing the iCarly game Pack-Rat (Pac-Man clone)on the Nick website? Those were great memories
Was "Mega Man: Fully Charged" ever dubbed in foreign languages?

That thread reached 1000 posts, someone or any admin please lock that thread.
Am I hearing this right? Nick USA not airing SpongeBob SquarePants for a day? Am I dreaming?

Featured Posts