Why Avengers United They Stand Failed

Miyamoto Musashi

Law Enforcer
I remember watching a little of episode 1 that started with Ultron narrating and expositioning and creating Vision without giving a feel that this was something to be taken seriously or give us an actual clue of who we should root for or why. And then cut to Hank Pym who I think was sulking in the monitor room....

Yyeeaahhh, that didn't cut it for me and I dropped it.

Ed Nygma

The irony is if they did an Avengers show today full of the same also-rans this one had minus Cap, Iron Man and Thor, but set in the MCU, it would do great and people would be arguing how it was better the big 3 never showed up...

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
Have to say even I'm not sure on the lack of A Lister's being as much a factual flaw.

Up until The New Avengers the team in-universe wasn't entirely one to one match with the Justice League interms of having the most iconic members.

Lot of runs even back to the Kooky Quartet back in the Silver Age was Cap along with Hawkeye, Quicksilver and The Scarlet Witch.

And I don't recall that run for example being panned. Heck even when the roster went back up it was only with Giant-Man and Wasp who weren't doing well enough on their own, plus The Hulk at the time of the first two issues was lacking his own series (title or anthology).

Medinnus

Staff member
I remember this being my introduction to the Avengers, but for the longest time, I didn't even know it was supposed to be related to Marvel. A combination of me not being familiar with the characters on screen and conveniently skipping the appearances of Iron Man and Cap.

Fortunately my video introduction to the Avengers was part of the Marvel Super Heroes Captain America cartoons Way Back When.

Having recognizable characters would have been a big plus, but the Toy Tie In design did them no favors. And the idiocy of the plots were worthy of comparison to the most insipid writing of the Loeb era.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

harry580 wrote on Santana434's profile.
hi, what cartoon is your profile pic from?

I haven't seen an Nostalgia Critic episode in 6 years and i don't plan on coming back.

But good lord this is cringe. It straight up looks like a 2001 Newgrounds cartoon. I'm suprised Foamy the Squirrel didn't pop up
So is there going to be a "Do you remember ___________?" thread for every show that ever existed? Or is it just for shows that came out in the last 30 years?
I wish a happy 49th birthday to Aliki Theofilopoulos Grafft.

I could find some stuff that was relatable from Kansas City.

Featured Posts