Why are cartoon's music pitched by one note when on TV?

emotionalgirl162

I noticed this especially with tom and jerry and merrie melodies/looney tunes cartoons. for example. the merrie melodies and looney tunes's cartoons's starting music on tv is in C# major but when I open them from a CD or on internet I find it in C major. I need to understand why this is happening because I am confused

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
This is a general problem, since television color formats differ in certain parts of the world. In Europe, Africa, most of Asia and Oceania, due to the fact that almost every country on the continent chose either PAL or SECAM, the music is pitched by one note because of some fort of frame rate conversion.

Daffyrocks

Back from the dead.... or...?
Of course I am very used to the PAL pitch :D

To bad most of today's shows don't use that anymore, and stick to the original NTSC, even though the speed is still "European".

Daffyrocks

Back from the dead.... or...?
PAL actually gives the shows more life and energy. When hearing something in NTSC, it just feels mediocre and boring.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts