Who will Crunchyroll turn to for dubs now?

TheMisterManGuy

A few weeks ago it was announced that Funimation and Crunchyroll will be ending their partnership in November. Back when Crunchyroll began dubbing some of its shows in 2016, they leveraged their partnership with Funimation by outsourcing many of their dubs to them. Funimation also served as CR's official home video distributor. But with Funi now out of the picture, what's left for Crunchyroll's dubbing initiative? I'm thinking if Crunchyroll continues its dubbing, then they'll probably to rely even more on companies like Bang Zoom! and Ocean, who've done a few titles for Crunchyroll before like Gintima.

Or CR could go the opposite route and not dub anything again after this. Who knows.

Frontier

Staff member
Doesn't Crunchyroll and Toonami now have a deal in place to have Crunchyroll shows feature on their own block on Toonami? So I imagine those shows will probably end up being dubbed.

I think it's pretty safe to assume that Crunchyroll will probably use LA studios to dub their anime, since I think that's been the case for most of the major material they have that Funimation didn't dub.

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
I think you already answered your own question.

Crunchyroll has pledged to continue dubbing shows into English. I guess if they're feeling very lazy, they could just hand that to SDI Media. They've already sent all of their non-English dubs to them.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
It's not exactly rocket science. The Gintama dub was produced by...I want to say Ocean Group? It was the Canadian voice actors doing that show.

I mean, couldn't they go through Sentai Filmworks if they want to produce new dubs? It's not like there are no options if they still want them.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts