Who will Crunchyroll turn to for dubs now?

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News

Oct 23, 2014
Ratings
320 5
A few weeks ago it was announced that Funimation and Crunchyroll will be ending their partnership in November. Back when Crunchyroll began dubbing some of its shows in 2016, they leveraged their partnership with Funimation by outsourcing many of their dubs to them. Funimation also served as CR's official home video distributor. But with Funi now out of the picture, what's left for Crunchyroll's dubbing initiative? I'm thinking if Crunchyroll continues its dubbing, then they'll probably to rely even more on companies like Bang Zoom! and Ocean, who've done a few titles for Crunchyroll before like Gintima.

Or CR could go the opposite route and not dub anything again after this. Who knows.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,561 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Doesn't Crunchyroll and Toonami now have a deal in place to have Crunchyroll shows feature on their own block on Toonami? So I imagine those shows will probably end up being dubbed.

I think it's pretty safe to assume that Crunchyroll will probably use LA studios to dub their anime, since I think that's been the case for most of the major material they have that Funimation didn't dub.

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
Mar 17, 2010
Ratings
732 1
Canada
I think you already answered your own question.

Crunchyroll has pledged to continue dubbing shows into English. I guess if they're feeling very lazy, they could just hand that to SDI Media. They've already sent all of their non-English dubs to them.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Mar 8, 2008
Ratings
1,314 4
Los Angeles, CA
www.411mania.com
It's not exactly rocket science. The Gintama dub was produced by...I want to say Ocean Group? It was the Canadian voice actors doing that show.

I mean, couldn't they go through Sentai Filmworks if they want to produce new dubs? It's not like there are no options if they still want them.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

DISH had recent upgrades on the 61.5 orbital slot this early morning. My signal strengths got increased and transponders were moved to another.

How Cartoon Network and TBS moved to other transponders. :P
What I love from the commercial studio Psyop, is the Cricket Wireless critters (known as the Cricketters) in different shapes and colored in Green, Yellow and Blue. So imaginative and cute! :)
Most Europeans here don't know about the old Grinch Christmas special. Even in Portugal.
When Is the Nickelodeon Highlights usually up for December? I Was just wondering...
I just had a bizzaro dream that Frank Welker was in my computer lab on campus! o_0