Who remembers Blue's Room, and why did it fail?

HunterMon17

Blue's Clues aired its Season 6 premiere titled "The Legend of the Blue Puppy", on Nick Jr on February 8, 2004. In it, we're introduced to Blue's Room, a playroom where Blue can go to have play dates with her new friends and talk to people.

During Season 6, Blue's Room is a series of shorts that air during the last few minutes of Blue's Clues, usually pertaining to the rest of the episode. Instead of animation like the original, this series is primarily a puppet show (although a few animated and human characters are mixed in). This continued until the last episode of Blue's Clues aired on Nick Jr on August 1, 2006.

Blue's Room premiered as it's own separate half hour series on Nick Jr on August 2, 2004, with Season 1 consisting of 6 episodes airing from then until September 17, 2005. Season 2 consisted of 11 episodes airing from August 6, 2006 until March 29, 2007. Reruns continued to air on Nick Jr until January 14, 2008.

Blue's Room doesn't seem to have been a very successful series, in contrast to the original Blue's Clues. It only had 17 episodes and Nick Jr took 3 years to air them all. Furthermore, the series mostly only aired new episodes and hardly ever aired reruns on Nick Jr. These days, most people don't even remember Blue's Room was a thing.

Why did Blue's Room fail?

kanc

Blue's Clues aired its Season 6 premiere titled "The Legend of the Blue Puppy", on Nick Jr on February 8, 2004. In it, we're introduced to Blue's Room, a playroom where Blue can go to have play dates with her new friends and talk to people.

During Season 6, Blue's Room is a series of shorts that air during the last few minutes of Blue's Clues, usually pertaining to the rest of the episode. Instead of animation like the original, this series is primarily a puppet show (although a few animated and human characters are mixed in). This continued until the last episode of Blue's Clues aired on Nick Jr on August 1, 2006.

The real final 2 episodes that aired in Aug 1, 2006 "Blue's School" and "Something to Do Blue" was not from season 6 produced episodes, these were actually season 4 produced episodes that featured Steve, not Joe. And also for that did not feature Blue's Room shorts there.

The real true final episode of season 6 was Bluestock which did at end had Blue's Room short which aired in May 2004.

Ghoster1987

howdy
Maybe a change in management messed this show up or kids didn't care for a spin off for Blue's clues

90s00sCartoonGuy

TheCartoonGuy
I do remember Blue's Room. It's was kinda sad to see it be short-lived. I guess the idea of making Blue talk to viewers wouldn't be entertaining to the young audience. It is also sad that rarely anyone knows of this series. Some children nowadays probably have no clue that there was a Blue's Clues series that came before the Blue's Clues of today.

RainbowCupcake

Oh shut up you're so annoying!
I had totally forgotten about Blue's Room until I read this thread.

I thought it was stupid to make Blue speak to the audience because the whole point of her character was that she couldn't talk. Steve and Joe were supposed to interpret what she wanted by following her clues. Giving Blue dialogue literally changes the entire premise of the series.

How to Make Money as a Kid 2

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Korra fan art contest!
guess who back back again
Zombie Outbreak Countdown 31 days to Go :p
I currently feel 250 lbs lighter and the knot in my stomach is gone. I feel GOOD. I'm not used to feeling this way and haven't for a long time (at least four and a half years). It is very strange to me.

Featured Posts