Which upcoming Nicktoon are you most looking forward to?

Latest News & Videos

Which upcoming Nicktoon are you most looking forward to?

• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • Robot & Monster

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Winx Club

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • he Last Airbender: Legend of Korra

Votes: 27 45.0%

• Total voters
Mar 9, 2011
UK
I'm drawn to Robot & Monster over the others.
- I like the way it looks. I'm not generally a fan of CG animation, but this looks very Aardman-esque and visually appealing.
- I prefer the comedic Nicktoons over those that are action based.
- It's something that is completely new, as opposed to a Dreamworks movie spin-off, or previous Nicktoon spin-off, or new show by a familiar creator.

How about you guys? :)

(Here's a list of them, in case you're not up to speed: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/03/10/nickelodeon-greenlights-new-cg-animated-series-robot-monster-and-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles/85364)

Silverstar

Rock the Dragon
Jun 4, 2007
Cartoonland
I voted for the new TMNT. I generally prefer comedy over action, but the 4Kids Ninja Turtles series ended a few years ago, and I'm curious to see what the new show will be like.

I enjoyed Kung Fu Panda, but apart from this and the film sequel, I'm worried that Dreamworks might be spreading the KFP franchise too thin with a series.

I could take or leave Avatar: The Last Airbender, so while I'm curious about The Legend of Korra, I don't have a burning desire to see it.

I'm kind of iffy on Robot & Monster. Normally I'm all for surreal comedies, but this one just isn't pulling me in. The character designs look too 'kiddie' and simplistic (when I first saw pictures of R&M, I thought it was a Nick Jr. show), plus the title duo seem to fall firmly into the 'small, snarky smart guy and big genial dumb guy' archetypes, a trope I could always take or leave. R&M could surprise me, but on the surface it doesn't look like much.

DjJuice5

Oct 17, 2009
USA
Honestly, other than Legend of Korra i'm not realy intrested in any other upcoming nick series. Nothing aganist the new TMNT series. I'm sure it will be good but the original one just didn't appeal to me. I liked Kung Fu Panda but i agree with silverstar, they may be spreading the series too thin. I also hope they give panda a bigger budget than Penguins of Madagascar, which looks so obnoxiously low quality that it turned me off from watching it. As of Korra, the premise sounds incredibly intresting but i'm remaining catiously optimistic. i liked the original series. i wanted to love it but i feel that it was held back from it's potiental because of the meddling from the execuitves. i hope for this series that the creators are given more freedom to tell the story the way they intended it.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
Out of these choices, I'm looking forward to Legend of Korra the most. I loved watching Avatar: The Last Airbender and I was so excited when I heard about the sequel series. From what we know about it so far, it definitely sounds like it will have some nice action, as well as some nice comedic moments. I'm also just curious to see how the Avatar universe has changed and evolved over the passage of time, as well as how the world views the Fire Nation after the war ended. While I'm excited to see the new cast of characters, I'm also wondering what connections to the previous series Legend of Korra has since the creators did mention that there was some link between the two series, aside from Korra being the reincarnation of Aang.

I'm also curious about the new TMNT series. The few images we have seen look pretty good, even though they still give me a video game vibe, and I wonder if they will have a nice balance of comedy and action. Some of the changes mentioned in the TMNT news and speculation thread sound kind of interesting, but others changes, such as April being a teenager and Don having a crush on her, kind of surprised me. I barely remember seeing the original series and I really enjoyed watching the 4Kids 2K3 series, so I hope that I'll be able to enjoy this too. I'm actually pretty interested in seeing what Nick does with the Winx Club. The trailer they used sounded like the one for the Rai dub, had all of the voices and didn't use Aisha's 4Kids dub name, Layla, in the trailer. So, I'm just wondering what dub they are planning on using, as well as seeing the new seasons and hopefully the movies too.

As for the Kung Fu Panda series, I thought that the movie was fun with the nice combination of action and humor, but I'm not really into seeing a series about the characters. It might be fun too and it could develop some of the supporting characters that didn't get much screentime during the movie, such as the Furious five, but it's not something I'm really looking forward to seeing. I don't know much of anything about Robots and Monsters, so I can't really comment on that show.

LDEJRuff

Wish-making dog lover
Mar 4, 2009
Campbellsville, KY
If the upcoming Monsters vs. Aliens spin-off was a choice, then I would look forward to it. Too bad the pilot hasn't been picked up to be a series yet. I hope there's a good possibility. :)

The Huntsman

Friend of Toon Zone
Aug 23, 2005
West Virginia
If the upcoming Monsters vs. Aliens spin-off was a choice, then I would look forward to it. Too bad the pilot hasn't been picked up to be a series yet. I hope there's a good possibility. :)
I don't think it's going to happen. It's been too long.

I'm still looking forward to Legends Of Awesomeness, but it was ready to premiere last fall and Nickelodeon is only delaying it to try to capitalize on the second movie. That approach is backfiring, at least for me, as my interest in the series is only lowering with each passing month.

Daxdiv

Does this look like the face of mercy?
I voted for Kung-Fu Panda. Why, because it was the one that I've been looking forward to the most. While Dreamwork has an ambition to turn this into more of a movie series, I think that a TV series for this would probably work better in the long run, so that way you can squeeze more stories out of it.

TMNT and Korra tie right now. TMNT for being a long time fan of TMNT since the 80's and I'm always excited to check out a new Turtles series and see a new interpretation of them. Especially seeing as how it's said that they're going to play the Teenage angle of the turtles, which is something I don't think the other shows did that much.

As for Korra, it's a new Avatar series with a whole new cast. Which already has me pumped to see it. I can't wait to see the new avatar in action and to see the aftermath of what happened after Aang defeated Ozai.

Wi-fi Calcium

Mar 1, 2011
United States
I'm hoping at least one of these shows will be at least slightly different than recent Nicktoons particularly "Robot and Monster"

It's too bad Robot and Monster wasn't animated traditionally, but I hope that this will not be anything like "Planet Sheen" or "Fanboy and Chum". The one thing that I dislike are any "Spongebob/Squidward" type setups.
For Example (Sheen and Dorkus) or ((Fanboy and Chum Chum) and pretty much everyone other character on that show) It's not as witty as in Spongebob, and can turn you away exspecially when the characters aren't likeable. It's just seems tedious to see characters "emotionally invincable" to insults by an antagonizer. To some effect it feels too unrealistic, even for a cartoon. There's never a serious tone. Everything seems to be played for laughs. I think there needs to be a serious tone to be funny. People laugh because they find something unexpected to the point that they burst out laughing. If everything is expected there's nothing to laugh at. There has to be a serious tone, at least for a short while,to make people laugh. I feel that I'm seeing much other emotions out of newer Nicktoons characters. I think the deciding point on how Robot and Monster will do, will be on who makes the cartoon. I'm not so confident if O'animation produces it,maybe, a bit more if Frederator makes it, or more confident if someone new will make Robot and Monster. At least it's an original idea. I don't think there's anything to worry about Legend of Korra. Seeing what these writers did on A:TLA, I'm sure they will be consistant and clever. I think i'll have to see the more of TMNT to give an opinion on it. I'm not too confident about the Kung Fu Panda series, but i'll still give it a shot.

Last edited by a moderator:

suss2it

Apr 14, 2008
Toronto
For me it's definitely Korra. The first Avatar series is one of my favourite TV Shows of all time. And so far this one doesn't seem like it's gonna disappoint, especially since Joquim Dos Santos, one of my favourite cartoon directors got promoted to executive producer.

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
For me it's definitely Korra. The first Avatar series is one of my favourite TV Shows of all time. And so far this one doesn't seem like it's gonna disappoint, especially since Joquim Dos Santos, one of my favourite cartoon directors got promoted to executive producer.
He did! Then the fight scenes are a shoo in to be epic!
Not like they never were....

Dragnatek

Apr 21, 2011
Hammond IN
I'm a huge TMNT fan so I had to go with the new version of that.

Too bad it sounds like it's going to be more like the 88 toon then the 03 cartoon but hey O liked the 88 toon for what it was.

Vaporleaf

Aug 8, 2010
They're really going with the movie thing for Avatar and calling it The Last Airbender instead? Not sure how I feel about that... I didn't totally hate the live-action film like some people, but that logo looks very 'Shyamalan'.

Mar 9, 2011
UK
"The Last Airbender: The Legend of Korra" is a bit of a mouthful. As is "Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness".

That's a lot of shows with "legend" in the title. Next thing you know, we'll have "Legends of Bikini Bottom". Oh - wait ... :p

ShamarDJ

Mar 23, 2011
United States
i voted for the legend of korra!! i loved the first avatar series!! oh and i cant wait for TMNT i hope venus appears i loved her in that live action series!! but one thing im worried about is the voice acting...

Silverstar

Rock the Dragon
Jun 4, 2007
Cartoonland
i cant wait for TMNT i hope venus appears i loved her in that live action series!!
Sorry, no Venus. Peter Laird hated the character (for among other reasons, she violated the idea that the 4 turtle brothers were the only mutant turtles in the world) and basically had her retconned out of existence. No one else, including the folks behind this new Nick version, seem to be in a hurry to bring her back.

I didn't mind Venus all that much myself, though I disagreed with how and when she was introduced; she arrived on the scene too late in the franchise's history, and I didn't appreciate how the Next Mutation writers subsequently declared that the other 4 turtles weren't actually brothers just so Venus could potentially be shipped with 1 of the male Turtles. If Venus had come along around season 2 or 3 of the original 80's cartoon show and/or had been introduced as the Turtles' sister from the get-go, then the character might have been greeted with a warmer reception and may have even stuck around.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The teaser is good. The comments saying "Release The Snyder Cut" are not.
Is the concept of good scheduling just dead at this point, I'm looking at PlutoTv and most of the time they just got the same show on repeat.
As someone who just got into Usagi Yojimbo, I am so hyped for the cartoon.
Saw the Descendants short Audrey's Royal Return. I will not miss this franchise. That was a disaster.
I'd tell Pumpkin Spice to go back where he came from but I'm not sure he'd still fit in the bottom of an outhouse.