Which Star Wars Prequel Do You Prefer: The Phantom Menace (1999) OR Attack Of The Clones (2002)?

Latest News & Videos

Which Star Wars Prequel Do You Prefer: The Phantom Menace (1999) OR Attack Of The Clones (2002)?

• Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (1999)

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Star Wars Episode II: Attack Of The Clones (2002)

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

wonderfly

Is this the future?!?
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 22, 2002
Springfield, MO
It seems most people are "Each of the prequels got better as they went along, thus, 'Revenge of the Sith' is the best".

But I had a friend that thought the Phantom Menace was perfect, and each subsequent one got worse.

Personally, I think the order is "Revenge of the Sith", followed closely by "Phantom Menace", and "Attack of the Clones" is far behind, and is definently the worst of the prequels.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yojimbo

AdrenalineRush1996

May 13, 2016
Hm, that's a difficult one for me because I find them and Solo better than the sequels and I also find them good but not great as Revenge of the Sith, Rogue One and the original trilogy.

khuddle

Jan 28, 2012
Gainesville, FL
TPM, at least the excitement and anticipation for that one was off the charts, legions of fans would spend hours scouring the internet trying to get a glimpse of the tiniest detail of the film, (like Liam Neeson swinging a plastic lightsaber in Morocco), buying up tickets for "Meet Joe Black" just so they could get a glimpse of the first TPM trailer.
Yeah, the anticipation and build-up for that movie were like nothing we've seen in history. So at least there was that for TPM.

Reactions: wonderfly

wonderfly

Is this the future?!?
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 22, 2002
Springfield, MO
TPM, at least the excitement and anticipation for that one was off the charts, legions of fans would spend hours scouring the internet trying to get a glimpse of the tiniest detail of the film, (like Liam Neeson swinging a plastic lightsaber in Morocco), buying up tickets for "Meet Joe Black" just so they could get a glimpse of the first TPM trailer.
Yeah, the anticipation and build-up for that movie were like nothing we've seen in history. So at least there was that for TPM.

I'll give you that: If you go by hype building up to the film, The Phantom Menace wins.

The nation was also much more ready for a Star Wars feature film in the Summer of 1999, vs. the Summer of 2002 (post-9/11). "Revenge of the Sith" found a way to touch upon public sentiment in the Summer of 2005, as the War on Terror progressed (and as the Clone Wars came to their conclusion on screen).

But "time/context of when a film was released" is not a sole way to judge a movie as the years progress.

EDIT: You know what? I want any future Disney Star Wars films to return to premiering in the Summer. These December premieres....didn't quite work out. But then, a lot of things didn't work out for the sequels. But I digress....

Reactions: ZHDBZ1994

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Elizabeth,NJ
Easily The Phantom Menace. It was a fun movie with an awesome duel between two Jedi against one Sith.
It took me a couple of watches to finally understand Attack of the Clones, and the movie was a little boring. However, it was a necessary film to start the Clone Wars and lead to the third prequel film. Plus, we did get to see Yoda fight for the first time.

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Both "Le Corn Maze Of Doom" and "Too Cute To Spook" are tied with 1 vote each. I'll be tiebreaker. I pick "Too Cute To Spook" to move on. The next matchup is between the Elena Of Avalor episode "The Return Of El Capitan" and the Vampirina episode "Dia De Los Muertos".

Watch Herman The Mice On The Go!
I think twitter social media posts seems to be more advantages... I have a bad feeling, that some or few twitter posts can be containing bully message of racists, I don't know maybe it's best for me to leave twitter, it's just not worth it if people express opinions, or someone maybe politics...
Today's Ollie's Pack episode: second half episode beginning has two sick friends but not the main plot
Remember when Ben Bates criticized the animation of the recent Marvel cartoons when he talked about his Captain Marvel cartoon that wasn't picked up? Well, here's a drawing he did of Hawkeye.