Which dvd Volume of Talespin do you prefer?

ahem

I would love to know.

Episodes as well.

Did this show improve with age or did it jump the shark, in your opinion?

How many seasons were there?

Trevor

I've got both Volumes and I would have to say that they are both about the same.

I never saw the show back when it aired (although I did see a few episodes on VHS) so I really didn't see it till the DVD's came out. It was okay, but not as good as DuckTales, Chip 'N' Dale Rescue Rangers or Darkwing Duck.

As for how many Seasons the show had, it only had 1 season of 65 episodes, plus a NES and Gameboy (and I think there was a seperate game on the Turbografx) game.

steet

I would suggest you to check our TaleSpin fansite here :

http://www.animationsource.org/talespin/en/

There's a dedicated article on the TaleSpin video games here.

Did this show improve with age or did it jump the shark, in your opinion?
Actually, that's the ONLY show I know about for which everyone says it's BETTER watching it as an adult than watching it as a kid. (except maybe that comment above? which surprises me)

DuckTales has hold up well too, just as well as Gummi Bears and Darkwing. I was disappointed by Chip & Dale RR, on the contrary, which is way too much aimed at kids in its storytelling to appreciate it as an adult. All in all, TaleSpin was probably the DA series to have the most varied stories, unlike RR which is also very repetitive.

As for which season set is the best, honestly it's hard to say! The first one has great episodes : Plunder & Lightning (the 4-part pilot) cannot be missed, along with at least 10 others ("I Only Have Ice for You", "Time Waits for No Bear", "From Here to Machinery", "Stormy Weather"...). But my personal favorites are on the second set ("Save the Tiger" and "My Fair Baloo"). Considering it was only one season, the quality was quite steady for all the episodes.

I could make a list, but there really are too many good episodes, so I would refer to this topic where we talk about our favorites.

Definitely the best TV series ever made by Disney. (IMO)

Last edited by a moderator:

Trevor

As for which season set is the best, honestly it's hard to say!

Especially when for most of them the quality of the video has fluctuated from broadcast quality all the way down to where it looks like Disney was using VHS tapes as the masters for the DVD's.

Dinobolt

Yeah. I really liked Talespin as a kid, but now I absolutely love it. It's my favorite DA show except for Gargoyles. As for the volumes, here's my two cents. You should start with Volume 1. It has the pilot which is a good re-introduction to the series, as well as several other great episodes. But Volume 2 has my all-time favorite episode on it (In Search Of Ancient Blunders) and other favorites too (Whistlestop Kackson, Citizen Kahn, For Whom The Bell Klangs). So I'd say Volume 2 is better, but you should start with Volume 1.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts