Which Disney Sequel Do You Like More: Ralph Breaks The Internet Or Frozen 2?

Which Disney Sequel Do You Like More: Ralph Breaks The Internet Or Frozen 2?

• Ralph Breaks The Internet

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Frozen 2

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters

SweetShop209

So, the reception for both Ralph Breaks The Internet and Frozen 2 is interesting. They're both seen as a step down from the original, though there's debate on whether they're still good or are bad/mediocre. Those who dislike Ralph Breaks The Internet (or have serious issues with it) feel that it tries too hard to be trendy and hip, that Ralph and Vanellope come across as unlikable, and feel the ending undermines the first movie. Those who dislike Frozen 2 (or have serious issues with it) feel it tries too hard to be deep and mature to the point of not making any sense, that everyone outside of Elsa & Anna & Olaf don't get anything substantial to do, and of course, feel the ending undermines the first movie. However, if you had to choose, which do you think is the better movie? Which had more merit?

Dr.Pepper

I think I’m going with Frozen II. I think the issues I have with Ralph Breaks the Internet are greater. In Ralph, the plot was thin, the characters were off, and I know the movie is going to become very dated, very soon. The problem I had with Frozen II was that they came up with an idea to explain Elsa’s powers, but then tried way too hard to explain it.

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member
Boy, what a tough choice because I had problems with each. I think I will also go with Frozen II. I liked everything about the movie except for the plot which, unfortunately, is a film's biggest asset. Ralph Breaks the Internet was enjoyable in its own way, but it wasn't nearly as memorable as the first. Plus, having companies like Google and Facebook becoming canon in the Disney universe felt odd to me.

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
I saw both. I didn’t think either of them were that great but I actually liked Ralph Breaks the Internet more maybe because I got a kick of all the references. I think Frozen II was trying too hard to be Moana which I liked a lot more than the first Frozen. Maybe if Disney Channel did a Frozen animated series I’d like it more, I don’t know why they still have not done one yet.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
The correct answer is The Rescuers Down Under.

I'm with this guy. I've seen neither and neither were necessary. They really do feel like soulless cash grabs, especially Wreck-It Ralph II. Same reason I avoided and continue to avoid The Incredibles II. I don't want sequels to films that don't benefit from them, which Wreck-It Ralph and Frozen simply don't, honestly. Incredibles II is a different case - in that its trashy story and execution push me away from ever giving it a chance, unfortunately.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts