Which CN shows were originally pitched to [adult swim]?

Mr HooPoe

What do I feed the children? Lengthy sermons!
I know that shows like The Problem Solverz, Class of 3000, and The Amazing World of Gumball were originally intended for [adult swim] when they were pitched. Are there any others?

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Gumball's pilot was made with children in mind. Besides,the UK didn't even have Adult Swim back then.

Spacething7474

Modern Fairly OddParents’ strongest soldier
Since when was Class Of 3000 supposed to be on Adult Swim? Also, I read something on how Secret Mountain Fort Awesome was pitched to Adult Swim (but I'm skeptical).

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Also, I read something on how Secret Mountain Fort Awesome was pitched to Adult Swim (but I'm skeptical).

Not at all. SMFA was originally pitched as Uncle Grandpa for CN's Cartoonstitute. The network suggested that they make a spinoff instead. It didn't last long and UG got his own series eventually.

Anyway, I'm not sure if this would count (since it never went beyond the pilot), but Craig Bartlett's Party Wagon was pitched for Adult Swim. It wound up airing once on Cartoon Cartoon Fridays, then was never seen again.

Wasn’t Regular Show originally going to be for AS?

Again, refer to the Cartoonstitute.

Last edited:

Mr HooPoe

What do I feed the children? Lengthy sermons!
No it wasn’t.

Very sorry about that. My mistake.

Since when was Class Of 3000 supposed to be on Adult Swim?

I knew that I was going to get this kind of response at some point. Basically, Mike Lazzo was trying to bring a wide range of diversity in the lineup for [adult swim] by recruiting new shows. One day, he was listening to Andre 3000's music and decided to get him to make a show. He agreed to it, but there was no decision as to what the show's premise would be. They just knew that it had to move like the music. When Andre 3000 was touring Atlanta, Georgia, he suddenly realised what he wanted to do-- make a show about a music teacher and his pupils in Atlanta-- and he and Lazzo immediately knew that it had to be for children. Class of 3000 would be the last show greenlit under Lazzo before his presidency at [adult swim].

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts