Which CN shows were originally pitched to [adult swim]?

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Mr HooPoe

Oct 9, 2017
Ratings
I know that shows like The Problem Solverz, Class of 3000, and The Amazing World of Gumball were originally intended for [adult swim] when they were pitched. Are there any others?

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Mar 11, 2005
Ratings
1,615 9
California, USA
adultswim.toonzone.net
Also, I read something on how Secret Mountain Fort Awesome was pitched to Adult Swim (but I'm skeptical).
Not at all. SMFA was originally pitched as Uncle Grandpa for CN's Cartoonstitute. The network suggested that they make a spinoff instead. It didn't last long and UG got his own series eventually.

Anyway, I'm not sure if this would count (since it never went beyond the pilot), but Craig Bartlett's Party Wagon was pitched for Adult Swim. It wound up airing once on Cartoon Cartoon Fridays, then was never seen again.

Wasn’t Regular Show originally going to be for AS?
Again, refer to the Cartoonstitute.

Last edited:

Mr HooPoe

Oct 9, 2017
Ratings
Very sorry about that. My mistake.

Since when was Class Of 3000 supposed to be on Adult Swim?
I knew that I was going to get this kind of response at some point. Basically, Mike Lazzo was trying to bring a wide range of diversity in the lineup for [adult swim] by recruiting new shows. One day, he was listening to Andre 3000's music and decided to get him to make a show. He agreed to it, but there was no decision as to what the show's premise would be. They just knew that it had to move like the music. When Andre 3000 was touring Atlanta, Georgia, he suddenly realised what he wanted to do-- make a show about a music teacher and his pupils in Atlanta-- and he and Lazzo immediately knew that it had to be for children. Class of 3000 would be the last show greenlit under Lazzo before his presidency at [adult swim].

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Yeah I'm probably not coming back
I was just about to say "Where's Gridman?" on that Crunchyroll streaming thread.
DISH had recent upgrades on the 61.5 orbital slot this early morning. My signal strengths got increased and transponders were moved to another.

How Cartoon Network and TBS moved to other transponders. :P
What I love from the commercial studio Psyop, is the Cricket Wireless critters (known as the Cricketters) in different shapes and colored in Green, Yellow and Blue. So imaginative and cute! :)
Most Europeans here don't know about the old Grinch Christmas special. Even in Portugal.