When will Cartoon Network would do another block like Adult Swim?

tony6

Adult Swim has given Robot Chicken, The Venture Bros., Aqua Teen Hunter Force and many others. It also gave reruns of Family Guy and the other shows I haven’t mentioned. A good idea is that Cartoon Network can do a block of shows that might be too raunchy for Cartoon Network and not that raunchy for Adult Swim. What do you think?

PinkieLopBun

That's so interesting!
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Where would they even put it? Adult Swim is taking up all the hours where such a block could go.

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
A better question would be when is Nick at Nite going to be at a competitive level with Adult Swim? At this point probably never.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
This could only work if AS was pushed back to 10pm - which it imo could and should. With that in mind I could see CN using 8-10pm to air shows like Teen Titans, Young Justice, Justice League, Generator Rex, Symbionic Titan, Secret Mountain Fort Awesome, Secret Saturdays, Problem Solverz, Robotomy, Infinity Train, Flintstones, Jetsons, Scooby-Doo, Sealab 2020, Swat Kats, Jonny Quest, Superfriends, Centurions, G-Force, Thundarr, Herculoids, Galtar, Time Squad.

tony6

This could only work if AS was pushed back to 10pm - which it imo could and should. With that in mind I could see CN using 8-10pm to air shows like Teen Titans, Young Justice, Justice League, Generator Rex, Symbionic Titan, Secret Mountain Fort Awesome, Secret Saturdays, Problem Solverz, Robotomy, Infinity Train, Flintstones, Jetsons, Scooby-Doo, Sealab 2020, Swat Kats, Jonny Quest, Superfriends, Centurions, G-Force, Thundarr, Herculoids, Galtar, Time Squad.
Okay. I have another idea.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
Echoing what Dr. Pepper and Checkerboard said here. The only way that this idea could work would be if Adult Swim were to be pushed back to 10PM or 11PM (which honestly I think would be a good idea). Cartoon Network would get an extra hour from 8PM to 9PM, and this hypothetical midway block could start at 9PM, followed by Adult Swim at 10PM (the block could run for 2 hours and AS would then start at 11PM, but honestly, I think that a single hour would be better).

Interestingly, I proposed a hour long block similar to this one years ago and mine and my twin Silverstar's site. You can read about it here.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Okay a few things about this thread

1. Considering that Cartoon Network has Cartoonito AND Adult Swim gobbling up a lot of hours CN honestly doesn't need yet another block of shows. It just needs more variety with the shows it has but that's another subject altogether.

2. There have been attempts at more middle ground shows before but at this point series kind of fall in the two camps of either being more for kids or being more for adults and I don't think any regular network even Cartoon network is going to change that. Like sure a streaming show has more freedom in that regard but regular cable? Not going to happen.

3. Okay why is this thread on the GENERAL ANIMATION DISCUSSION sub forum and not you know the CARTOON NETORK forum if it's about Cartoon Network? Seriously someone needs to move this to the CN forum as it has no place here.

AnimatedFan01

They wrote off Symbiotic Titan and Generator Rex, so they won't be showing them again anytime soon.

Sun Dash Note

A proud Brony! 20% cooler! Found out I'm Trans.
Okay a few things about this thread

1. Considering that Cartoon Network has Cartoonito AND Adult Swim gobbling up a lot of hours CN honestly doesn't need yet another block of shows. It just needs more variety with the shows it has but that's another subject altogether.

2. There have been attempts at more middle ground shows before but at this point series kind of fall in the two camps of either being more for kids or being more for adults and I don't think any regular network even Cartoon network is going to change that. Like sure a streaming show has more freedom in that regard but regular cable? Not going to happen.

3. Okay why is this thread on the GENERAL ANIMATION DISCUSSION sub forum and not you know the CARTOON NETWORK forum if it's about Cartoon Network? Seriously someone needs to move this to the CN forum as it has no place here.
On 2.:
I may sound stupid, but maybe My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic can bridge the gap? (a show aimed at young girls who has a large male following). But I don't know yet if they want to put it on Cartoon Network though (Warner Bros. would have to talk to Hasbro)

Last edited:

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Some Transformers shows have aired on Cartoon Network (like Transformers Animated and the 2015 Transformers Robots In Disguise) have aired on the network. Having another Hasbro property like MLP air on the network doesn't sound impossible, but I don't know if that could work now.

Sun Dash Note

A proud Brony! 20% cooler! Found out I'm Trans.
Some Transformers shows have aired on Cartoon Network (like Transformers Animated and the 2015 Transformers Robots In Disguise) have aired on the network. Having another Hasbro property like MLP air on the network doesn't sound impossible, but I don't know if that could work now.
Yea, we will see. We just have to be patient.

jokerbeans2091

i doubt it the way CN is right now as well as this merger i don’t see it happening but they should make another action block like miguzi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Why is it automatically assumed that if a person were to suddenly gain super powers they'll put on tights and either immediately decide to save the world or conquer/destroy it?
the sports junkie in me really loves playing Sports Reference's Immaculate Grid games. nice way to start off each morning.
Whenever I watch the RiffTrax version of The Apple, I get that "Hey, Hey, Hey, BIM's on the way!" song stuck in my head.

Plus, Alfie and Bibi's love song sounds kind of like the He-man/She-Ra song "I Have the Power".
Currently being forced to watch the Twilight Saga. Three more 2+ hour films to go.

Help. Me.
If Dick Dastardly ever returns in a SCOOB! sequel, I am sure he will be voiced by Mike Pollock. What do you think?

Featured Posts