When do you think Fox Kids died?

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
It "died" in 2002.

Over the course of it's 12 years (1990 to 2002), I think several people had periods along the way where they personally "lost interest". Myself, I lost interest in the Fall of 1995, after the final new episodes of Fox Kid's version of "Batman" premiered, they lost the rights to Animaniacs, and they started airing stuff like "Goosebumps"....but I came back and watched Digimon from 2000 to 2002.

Review Metabee

Who gets stuck with all the bad luck?
Digimon is the sole reason for why Big Giy and Rusty and Woody Woodpecker were screwed tho
Those shows had alot of potential but was thrown because of the anime boom

RegularCapital

Staff member
I think a better question is when it started to decline, some people say September 1999 following the changes, meanwhile internationally, Fox Kids was still expanding. September 2001 was the beginning of the end as that was when Fox Family Worldwide (along with Saban) was sold off, but even when that happened the block still ran its course for another year to wind down. 4Kids' Fox Box carried on where Fox Kids left off with the same principle of kid friendly anime, Fox just wasn't interested in running a kids block themselves anymore.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I think a better question is when it started to decline

Agreed. And I think it's either Fall 1995 or Fall 1997, others say Fall 1999.
I forget what was Foxbox ?

It was the replacement block for "Fox Kids" that premiered in the Fall of 2002. It was eventually renamed "4KidsTV" and it lasted until 2008.

Streaker Prower

I say it's the FCC's fault.
(While Unrelated to the topic) Well I think when Kids' WB! died is On October 2, 2007, When The CW announced that it would discontinue the Kids' WB programming block, and sell the programming time to 4Kids Entertainment. Kids' WB ended its run on The CW on May 17, 2008 (Kids' WB!, like The WB Television Network that the block originated, then relaunched as an online-only video on demand service). 4Kids Entertainment took over programming the block on May 24, 2008, premiering under the name The CW4Kids.

Ed Nygma

Probably in 1996 when Kids WB scooped Batman and Superman new episodes was the beginning of the end. It went from being the only channel I watched (along with whatever channel Disney afternoon was on, KCAL?) to one I never watched other than The Simpsons.

The real answer is 1998 when the last OG Marvel cartoons (Spidey and Silver Surfer) aired and Pokemon began on Kids WB. Then it was completely over and they had complete dominance. Even things that maybe would've been on Fox before like MIB wound up on Kids WB, they just got everything.

aegisrawks

Probably in 1996 when Kids WB scooped Batman and Superman new episodes was the beginning of the end. It went from being the only channel I watched (along with whatever channel Disney afternoon was on, KCAL?) to one I never watched other than The Simpsons.

The real answer is 1998 when the last OG Marvel cartoons (Spidey and Silver Surfer) aired and Pokemon began on Kids WB. Then it was completely over and they had complete dominance. Even things that maybe would've been on Fox before like MIB wound up on Kids WB, they just got everything.

Best answer by far to be honest. Sure some great shows came later than this timeframe but it was the thing that sealed its fate.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts