When do you think Fox Kids died?

wonderfly

Is this the future?!?
Staff member
Administrator
It "died" in 2002.

Over the course of it's 12 years (1990 to 2002), I think several people had periods along the way where they personally "lost interest". Myself, I lost interest in the Fall of 1995, after the final new episodes of Fox Kid's version of "Batman" premiered, they lost the rights to Animaniacs, and they started airing stuff like "Goosebumps"....but I came back and watched Digimon from 2000 to 2002.

Looneyfanfan

IT'S BREAK TIME METABEE
Digimon is the sole reason for why Big Giy and Rusty and Woody Woodpecker were screwed tho
Those shows had alot of potential but was thrown because of the anime boom

RegularCapital

I think a better question is when it started to decline, some people say September 1999 following the changes, meanwhile internationally, Fox Kids was still expanding. September 2001 was the beginning of the end as that was when Fox Family Worldwide (along with Saban) was sold off, but even when that happened the block still ran its course for another year to wind down. 4Kids' Fox Box carried on where Fox Kids left off with the same principle of kid friendly anime, Fox just wasn't interested in running a kids block themselves anymore.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Damn! A lot of exiting Nintendo E3 announcement today.
"Atlantis: The Lost Empire" is 20 years old today.
although i'm disappointed there wasn't an update on Metroid Prime 4. But a sequel to Metroid Fushion is coming.

Maybe it's time for me to get back with Nintendo after 11-12 years
At 18:00 CET, the Euro 2020 match between Hungary and Portugal will begin, and I'll watch it. I designed a special avatar for it in the morning.

I will revert to the "lovely" avatar tomorrow.
Happy 9 year anniversary Gravity Falls.

Featured Posts