When did you stop watching Saturday Morning blocks?

Latest News & Videos

TheJLeeTeam

Beak Freak & Bronikitty
Sep 9, 2018
USA
www.deviantart.com
I stopped watching Saturday morning blocks by the time Fox discontinued 4KidsTV. I really didn’t watch the CW, besides in my area (Sacramento) CW aired their Saturday lineup late afternoon so I mostly passed on it as I watched Cartoon Network more often.

gokaiblue

May 12, 2019
USA
Probably close to when they stopped initially tbh. Caught KidsClick for a while when it aired, but that's gone now too.

Chocolate Fizzles

The Man, The Myth, The Cartoonist
Feb 24, 2018
Well I stopped watching Saturday Morning blocks after they stopped the last one, Vortexx on CW in 2014 which really killed my soul. It has a special place in my childhood, R.I.P.

JoeMabbon

Private
Aug 8, 2014
Iacon
2010, when I went to college and started staying up super late on Fridays and waking up around 10 on Saturdays.

wonderfly

Is this the future?!?
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 22, 2002
Springfield, MO
In 2002. I got cable about a year prior, and slowly moved away from Fox Kids/Kids WB and moved on to watching Cartoon Network full time. "Kids WB" ended for me with the final episode of "Batman Beyond" in late 2001.

EDIT: Well, I did tune in every once in a while past 2001: I remember watching some episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh and "X-Men: Evolution" in 2002 and 2003, and some episodes of Xioalin Showdown around 2004...but I stopped faithfully tuning in each Saturday morning in early 2002.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
Apr 23, 2007
In the now, man
animrevelation.web44.net
I want to say after the first season of The Spectacular Spider-Man, around spring-summer 08. If I recall right, the first episode aired on the last day of Kids WB!, and the rest of the season aired on CW's more generic Saturday morning block. That felt like the last incentive for me to get up and watch cartoons that early- some shows of note would still air weekday mornings, mostly on cable and I'd usually just DVR them.

It's probably worth noting that I was only a casual Kids WB! watcher around that end point, anyway, occasionally sticking around to see Tom & Jerry Tales and some other shows they had on if I happened to be awake that morning. i think the last time I was actively watching a Saturday morning block was a few years earlier, when I was more into Pokemon, Digimon, and (especially) Yu-Gi-Oh!, and would switch between Fox Kids and Kids WB!... give or take a little bit of ABC's more interesting shows, like Fillmore! and Lilo & Stitch.

Reactions: wonderfly

TheCartoonRailfan

Riding the Rails
Aug 12, 2019
Florida
The main blocks I watched were Nick on CBS and Kids WB, and I really didn't watch Fox Kids/4Kids, Disney's One Saturday Morning, Disney's One Too, and ABC Kids that often.

I pretty much stopped watching Saturday Morning content around 2004. I watched 4Kids, Toonzai, and Vortexx sporadically up until 2014 with a focus on Kirby and Digimon. I was never interested in the Disney live-action series, which was one reason why I almost never watched ABC Kids.

Cullen Rose

Dec 30, 2019
Florida
Honestly, Saturday morning blocks never really caught my interest when I was a kid. I had channels like Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network growing up, so there was no need to wait until Saturdays to watch shows. I believe I have occasionally scanned through some like Kids’ WB and all that, but that’s about it.
The last one I recall somewhat seeing, in my humble eyes, is Vortexx on the CW, but I guess nobody really gave a darn about 4Kids programming anymore, because that went down the tubes fast. Oh well.

Storm Eagle

Power to the peaceful
May 14, 2002
New York
users.ign.com
For me, it was probably 2009, when I was watching Power Rangers RPM on ABC Kids. That was the only show I was watching on that block too. I still watch Power Rangers, but all the seasons after that have been airing on Nickelodeon, and they show nothing but kids shows. It's also the only show I'm currently watching on Nickelodeon as well. Now that Double Dare is over anyway.

CNCN2014

Jun 17, 2014
Although I grew up in the UK, Saturday morning blocks were slightly less popular when digital was around, they were quickly replaced. Probably the last time I watched a Saturday morning block was probably 2010-11 since this was when ITV's Toonattik lost their presenters and instead was a unpresented cartoon block. Barely lasted a year. It was also the same time when BBC basically stopped airing children's programming on BBC1 and BBC2. I never really watched many Saturday morning blocks after this since I already had Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon and basically whatever else Sky had.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

If Flintstones = Grand Dad, what does Yogi Bear equal? Grand Bear?
It took me all day and most of the month, but I finally got my 2 laptops upgraded (SSD, new RAM, replaced any and all broken parts, full cleanup of useless programs and salvaging useful ones). It was rough work, but I enjoyed every minute of it!

Someday, I'm gonna do this for a living, honestly.
Asa
What is with Nickelodeon US refusing to air the Pineapple RV episode of SpongeBob? It's already been aired in some countries, how come America didn't get it yet?
Tex Avery's MGM Cartoons are finally getting a blu-ray release after years of us waiting, at last!
#RIPKobe, Gigi, and the others in the helicopter.