What's the first Marvel cartoon you'll be watching on Disney+?

Latest News & Videos

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
I think I'll re-watch Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and Spider-Man: The Animated Series :D.

Probably fit in some X-Men watching too ;).

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
I don't know when I would have the time to do this, so it would be far off, but I would kind of like to binge-watch the first 90's Spider-Man and X-Men cartoons because they are the first serialized animated shows really popular in America, and I would like to see how their arcs hold up in hindsight when viewed as a whole. I suspect they'll hold up somewhat for X-Men and not at all for Spider-Man.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
177A Bleecker Street
I went for an episode of X-Men Evolution and the 81 Spider-Man solo series. I guess those are series I'm always looking to check the quality of the available version. It's nice that curiosity kills the Spider-Man doesn't have the issues that the DVD version hat. On an interesting note, OJ Simpson is not edited out of this version while he only said Simpson on the DVD. I wish it was possible that they did remastering on these shows but as long as the best quality versions are available for watching, what can I say?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Frontier

Mostezli

Corroborating with EVIL
May 28, 2014
I never got a chance to actually fully watch the various X-Men shows + Iron Man Armored Adventures was one I was going to get to.

TnAdct1

Ravioli, Ravioli
Aug 3, 2002
Chiyo-chan's America
More than likely it's going to be one of the 1980's Spider-Man cartoons (as Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends was one of my first exposures to the world of Marvel Comics).

Hulkwummy

Dec 31, 2016
If people keep watching Wolverine and the X-Men on Disney Plus, maybe we'll see season 2, it worked for Young Justice, it should work for this show.

Mostezli

Corroborating with EVIL
May 28, 2014
If people keep watching Wolverine and the X-Men on Disney Plus, maybe we'll see season 2, it worked for Young Justice, it should work for this show.
I'm not sure how all the bts works for this one. It is apparently the last animated production by Marvel Studios, but does Nick not own all the various production & creative rights to make a season 3?

Last edited:

Spider-Man

Jan 7, 2002
The first thing I watched was the first episode of Spider-Man: The Animated Series. It was great to see "Night of the Lizard" again even if it was in SD!

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
The first one I fully watched was The Incredible Shrinking Hulks episode of Hulk and the Agents of SMASH.
I was planning to binge watch one show at a time, but I think I’ll just watch a little bit of everything, and I’m glad there’s so much to revisit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdrenalineRush1996

May 13, 2016
I'm not sure how all the bts works for this one. It is apparently the last animated production by Marvel Studios, but does Nick not own all the various production & creative rights to make a season 3?
Nicktoons had no involvement in the show's production as they only aired the show.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

CNC
Mao Mao has been on hiatus since October. There will be no new episodes airing in June in the U.S., despite those last 9 episodes of Season 1 (31-40) allegedly leaked by Aussie streaming service Stan back in April, and we've been telling ourselves NOT to spoil any of these episodes on social media until they are officially released.

Man, it's really hard to like your favorite show when it's stuck in a long hiatus...
Take this with a very huge grain of salt. While I was on Tomb Cartoon Monkey Skeleton, I found a comment which was saying which new CN originals will premiere this and next year.

Lisa Ortiz's mother passed away.

I found this interview that Pam Arciero (Grundgetta from Sesame Street) took part in. I mainly skipped to 1:35, where she mentioned how production on the show ground to a halt because of the pandemic. There was about 1 more week of material to tape. She says they could start again in October, but that could change.