What's the earliest trace of yourself you can find online?

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Inspired by this:
What's The Earliest Trace Of Yourself You Can Still Find Online?

This is tricky to answer. The earliest contribution by me to the Internet at large was inside the Pokemon Never Ending Story, which only existed for a couple weeks in the summer of 1999. This piece of it is only back up because I reconstructed it from an old printout, so it may not count.

Beyond that, everything I did was on boards and sites that have since been erased, so likely, the earliest trace of me that hasn't been touched would be some of the earliest things I made for my website, like Zelda Novel.

Dr.Pepper

I am pretty sure that it is the first post I made on this site back in 2006. I am too lazy to look it up but I am pretty sure it was in a thread called "stuff that pissed you off in cartoons" and my post was about the ending of the Ed Edd n Eddy Halloween special.

Harmonie

Foreverrrrr!
I joined four forums in 2003, my posts on there were my first traces, I suppose. It would have been a year or two earlier, but my parents wouldn't allow me to join a forum until then. I browsed the internet when I could from perhaps 2000 on, perhaps even late 1999. Mainly Pokemon stuff, though. lol

I can't tell you what my first post would have been about... Probably Animal Crossing.

DarthGonzo

Fourteen Years!
My online activity goes back to 1996 and I don't think I could find anything that goes back that far. Probably the earliest would be posts on the Termite Terrace Trading Post starting around 2001.

Wounded_Dragon

Probably posts in afpr from around 1998/1999. Maybe some fanfiction from around the same time that gets reposted on random archives. Not even sure who's doing it as I know it's not me.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts