Whatever happened to ChalkZone?

TheJLeeTeam

Slacker Musketeer
The show started off as a series of shorts in 1998 just like Fairly Odd Parents and it had just about as much if not more creativity and potential than FOP. The full series was planned to air in 2000 with the first episode being aired as a sneak peak on New Years Eve 1999. However for some reason it got pushed all the way to 2002, a full year after Fairly Odd Parents even though 1st season was completed in 2000. When I was a kid I watched a lot of Fairly Odd Parents but I wasn't a big fan of ChalkZone just because that show didn't air as often. Ultimately the show did not achieve the popularity of FOP even though it seemed to have more potential.

Are there any reasons ChalkZone was shelved for 2 years and that it wasn't as popular as Fairly Odd Parents?

kanc

No, I think it might have to do with production for animation that takes time to complete.

ToonJay723

Staff member
Well 2005 was the year Nickelodeon cancelled every Nicktoon except for SpongeBob and Avatar. So I don't think it was the show itself, just that the executives wanted to free up resources for new shows.

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
I thought Chalkzone was a really creative and charming series, so it is a shame that it didn't catch on. Honestly, I'm a little surprised it even got four seasons since, like you said, it was screwed at the start.

TheJLeeTeam

Slacker Musketeer
Maybe if ChalkZone came out in 2000 as intended it could have beat out Fairly Odd Parents.

Ghostbuster

Inside No. 9
It seems like ChalkZone got poor treatment everywhere. Jimmy Neutron premiered here in April 2003, but ChalkZone premiered in April 2009...
The noughties were a bad time for new Nicktoons airing in the UK. The Mighty B!, The X's, Catscratch and El Tigre hardly aired. I don't even think we got season two of The X's. We didn't even get Making Fiends.

ToonsJazzLover

Asking that question to any mistreated Nicktoon will lead to the same answer: it didn't reached SpongeBob level of ratings. Why do you think there's almost no post-Avatar Nicktoons that ended their run on the main run.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Maya Rudolph's cool and all, but does she have to be the mom in every animated movie?
Streaker Prower wrote on AdrenalineRush1996's profile.
The Reason Why I choose the Disney's One Saturday Morning Name instead of ABC Kids it’s because I don’t want to confused it with the other ABC Kids, The one that airs The Australian Peppa Pig
Today marks the 10th Year Anniversary of when the 3DS Remake of Ocarina of Time was released in North America. Being able to play one of my favorite video games on the go has been very nice, to say the least.
Yesterday was Charlie Gavin's last day on The Mighty Ones.

Featured Posts