What would you include if you were doing a Retrospective on a TV channel?

2 quid is good

wag1 g wys
I've had an idea for a while now to work on a Retrospective for some UK based children's channels, such as Kix or Jetix UK, but I'm not entirely sure what people would want to hear about? Do I just talk about the variety of programmes? The bumpers, promos, continuity etc?

What would you guys talk about for a Retrospective look at a channel?

RegularCapital

Staff member
I've had an idea for a while now to work on a Retrospective for some UK based children's channels, such as Kix or Jetix UK, but I'm not entirely sure what people would want to hear about? Do I just talk about the variety of programmes? The bumpers, promos, continuity etc?

What would you guys talk about for a Retrospective look at a channel?

As it's a retrospective, I guess it would be a mixture if your personal opinion and facts about the channel, retrospective means looking back after all. Otherwise, a "documentary" would offer a more balanced and factual view and not subjective. I'll start from your first experience of the channel, leading up to the end, while doing so comment on the programming, bumpers, scheduling, promos and continuity of the channel, mention your favourite shows and shows you disliked. Mention what could of been improved? Was the channel better in comparision to other kids channels? Did you feel there was anything different about the channel compared to any other? Why was the channel themed in such a way?, Did it successfully target its audience? What led to the channel's downfall?, or why was it rebranded and became something else? You may also want to comment on Fox Kids (if you can remember it) and Disney XD if you're covering Jetix UK. Also mention your opinion of Kix compared to its successor Pop Max.

Hope this helped. :)

2 quid is good

wag1 g wys
As it's a retrospective, I guess it would be a mixture if your personal opinion and facts about the channel, retrospective means looking back after all. Otherwise, a "documentary" would offer a more balanced and factual view and not subjective. I'll start from your first experience of the channel, leading up to the end, while doing so comment on the programming, bumpers, scheduling, promos and continuity of the channel, mention your favourite shows and shows you disliked. Mention what could of been improved? Was the channel better in comparision to other kids channels? Did you feel there was anything different about the channel compared to any other? Why was the channel themed in such a way?, Did it successfully target its audience? What led to the channel's downfall?, or why was it rebranded and became something else? You may also want to comment on Fox Kids (if you can remember it) and Disney XD if you're covering Jetix UK. Also mention your opinion of Kix compared to its successor Pop Max.

Hope this helped. :)
Thank you, this helped so much! I'll make sure to post my work here when I'm done!

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Thread liked for being a legitimate question asking for help rather than a useless thread posted for the sake of posting threads. I don't have any real suggestions (I don't watch YouTube videos) but I was pleasantly surprised by the reason the poster was asking them.

Dantheman

Gee, I never thought about that...
A documentary about HBO should mention the fact that in its early days, they'd show short films and music videos in between movies, becuase they didn't have the rights to a lot of them (Which led to the joke one comedian made that HBO stands for "Hey, Beastmaster's On"), and they would even sign off for the night at 11 P.M. in 1979!

This is one music video I remember watching on HBO back in the day, at my babysitter's who had cable:

2 quid is good

wag1 g wys
Thread liked for being a legitimate question asking for help rather than a useless thread posted for the sake of posting threads. I don't have any real suggestions (I don't watch YouTube videos) but I was pleasantly surprised by the reason the poster was asking them.
Haha, thank you! My work rate is quite slow though, so it may be a while before I post anything here

A documentary about HBO should mention the fact that in its early days, they'd show short films and music videos in between movies, becuase they didn't have the rights to a lot of them (Which led to the joke one comedian made that HBO stands for "Hey, Beastmaster's On"), and they would even sign off for the night at 11 P.M. in 1979!

This is one music video I remember watching on HBO back in the day, at my babysitter's who had cable:
That's actually reminded me of one of the channels I wanted to cover doing something similar, thanks!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts