What would you do if you we're in Charge of the Walt Disney Company?

Latest News & Videos

Johntoonfan05

Aug 15, 2017
10: No more Cheesy Sitcoms

9: Give Moana, Zootopia and Wreck it Ralph Animated TV Shows.

8: Revive Disney Interactive Studios (Also bring back the Disney Infinity Series with 4.0)

7: Revive Cancelled Projects (Princess Academy, Gigantic, Roger Rabbit 2, Monsters Inc 2)

6: Don't give Frozen more Attention give more Attention to the Movies that need more Attention Zootopia, Moana and Wreck-It Ralph

5: Convince Sony to give all of the Film Rights of Spider-Man back to Marvel Studios unless another Company buys Sony.

4: Re-Release Disney animated Movies than gained Cult following (Atlantis: The Lost Empire, Treasure Planet, Black Cauldron, Pocahontas examples)

3: An Marvel Ultimate Alliance Movie

2: Cancel all Live action Remakes

1: Bring Back Toon Disney and Jetix

What do you guys think?

AdrenalineRush1996

May 13, 2016
Easy. I'd revive Touchstone to release co-productions with Universal, Warner, Sony, Paramount and others along with increasing the number of films for 20th Century Studios and bringing back traditional animation films.

The Master C

Aug 5, 2012
Dumfries, Virginia
I'd have the various studios within Disney collaborate more on TV and film projects, with a bit more of a focus on adult content, like a Star Wars series for FX or a revival of the Donald Glover Deadpool cartoon. I'd get rid of the Disney Vault and allow smaller theatres to have limited showings of older movies. I'd also try and make some new content with franchises that Disney currently isn't exploring enough, like Indiana Jones and Tron. Plus, there'd be less remakes and more original ideas for movies.

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
Since live-action remakes bring in serious cash, and those lame sitcoms are cheaper to produce than animation, I’d keep those going because the money from those could help finance experimental projects.
I’d also make a Zootopia and Wreck-It Ralph TV series, and a TV special based on the Oh My Disney scene from Ralph Breaks the Internet.
I’d have Blue Sky do more visually experimental films, and maybe partner with a studio outside of the US to produce cheaper animated movies.
Build smaller and cheaper Disney Parks, maybe something like Lego Discovery Centers.
Produce theatrical animated films for adults.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toonatic

Jul 23, 2009
USA
What to do, what to do...

-Jump start Disney's home video division, release compilation and collector's sets of the Disney shorts on DVD/Blu-ray, season sets of shows like Big City Greens, Amphibia, and The Owl House, and more 4K Ultra catalog releases.
-Speaking of, the same to 20th Century Fox's home video label. Releases include The Orville seasons 1 and 2 on Blu-ray and catalog titles on 4K Ultra
-Release Song of The South, would consider sublicensing it to Criterion
-Retain "Fox" in "20th Century Fox" and "Fox Searchlight"
-I (too) would revive Touchstone and would also use it as a front for future Marvel and Star Wars films (the latter which will also be co-distributed by Fox)
-I would (also) increase the number of 20th Century Fox films a year
-Would make sure Bluey stays a permanent part in the Disney family (would not, repeat NOT, acquire it from Australia Broadcasting Corporation/BBC, just make sure it stays with Disney for a long time).
-Greenlit, at long last, a Roger Rabbit sequel with Robert Zemeckis, Steve Spielberg, and Gary K. Wolf involved
-More traditional hand-drawn films
-Start a full time sublicensing deal with Shout! Factory. The deal will include movie and TV titles from Touchstone, ABC, Lucasfilm, Saban, and Disney with the only exception being animated films. The deal will also allow Shout! to commission Disney to do new restorations.
-Would allow Fox to renew their deal with Shout! as well and would include retail releases of Bob's Burgers (for both formats) and American Dad. Like the Disney deal, the deal will also allow Shout! to commission Fox to do new restorations.
-New television channels for cable/regular TV would be created including one for sitcoms, one for classic movies from 1930's-mid-1980's, and several classic Disney-related and additional movie channels.
-Bring back Lizzie McGuire creator for reboot
-Air Olive, The Other Reindeer on Disney Channel, Fox, Disney Junior, and Freeform
-Continue deal with Kino Lorber, greenlit special edition of Super Mario Bros. Movie
-Renew Milo Murphy's Law and Wander Over Yonder

Frank Coufal

Jul 14, 2016
San Diego, California
Here's what I would do:

1. Completely revamp Disney Channel and bring it back to its former pre-2002 glory. Even though we've got Disney+ now, there are some people who can't afford the service and doing it would be a great way to have the best of both worlds and to give people options.
2. Make animated TV shows based on Zootopia, Wreck-It Ralph, The Great Mouse Detective and The Rescuers
3. Reboot House of Mouse
4. Keep Fox intact in 20th Century Fox and Fox Searchlight Pictures
5. Allow 20th Century Fox to be run as its own company like Disney does with Lucasfilm, Pixar and Marvel
6. Revive cancelled projects like Roger Rabbit 2 and Princess Academy
7. Completely overhaul Disney's home entertainment division and release collections of classic Disney shorts on DVD/Blu-Ray collector's sets, season DVD sets of the Disney Afternoon, One Saturday Morning and Disney Channel cartoons, along with more 4K catalog releases.
8. Allow theaters to show repertory screenings of classic 20th Century Fox movies again.
9. Increase the number of 20th Century Fox films per year
10. Revive traditional hand-drawn animated films and shorts.
11. I'd also start a full sublicensing deal with Shout! Factory, which also allows commissioning both Disney and Fox to do new restorations.
12. Revive Fox Animation Studios to produce hand-drawn animated films for 20th Century Fox
13. Come up with more original ideas.

Last edited:

F150Dog

Nov 4, 2018
USA
I will allow to use revenues from movies and TV shows to expand the theme park and build new Disneyland in Texas to relieve the overcrowding, also lower the cost to discourage Americans from overspend on credit cards that land them in endless debt.

It will definitely help to get more fans to give a greater success for films and TV shows.

Agreed with OP.

Reactions: Frank Coufal

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy Birthday to the great Akira Toriyama!
Today, variety in my country's Cartoon Network's schedule has died.
I'm Planning to make a New Qubo schedule With Several New and Returning Shows (With one of them being Jacob Two-Two), No Paid Programming and the Return of the 4 hour Marathons.
Today marks the 10th Year Anniversary of Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated and the 7th Year Anniversary of its series finale. It ended up becoming my favorite adaptation of the Scooby-Doo Franchise and found out about Lewis Black by name (I had heard his voice in some earlier shows).
Happy birthday to Akira Toriyama. My moniker here should make it clear that I am a fan of the DB Franchise.