What would you do if you were in charge of Disney?

Mr. Horse

insert clever caption here
A revival of an old topic. Anyway, here's what I'd do:

ON THE TV SIDE:
Disney Channel:
-Show more movies from the Disney archives, not just the Teen Beach and Zombies stuff.

-Lessen the amount of "kidcoms", although I wouldn't be against showing only a few of these, namely the two Suite Life shows, Boy Meets World, Lizzie McGuire and Pair of Kings (that last one only because I've got nostalgia for it from seeing it on XD).

-Start showing the old shorts, dedicating an entire hour or 2-hour long block to Donald, Mickey and the rest. Heck, maybe even show these before the movies, or if they end early - plus the Pixar shorts (and possibly the Rudish Mickeys?) as well if they're either thematically related to the movie or if it's a Pixar film.

-Start showing more of the newer shows on both XD and Disney.

-Add more cartoons to the schedule, 'nuff said!

-Start showing AFV, only because Disney owns the property. Oh, and I'd be showing episodes from all eras - Saget, Bergeron and Ribero.

Disney Junior:
-Make the lineup a bit more diverse, adding stuff from the Playhouse Disney years (Big Blue House, JoJo's Circus, Book of Pooh, etc.) into the mix, plus Welcome to Pooh Corner and Dumbo's Circus.

Disney XD:
-Get rid of the gaming programming and anime. (No offense to those who don't mind Beyblade and Pokemon being on XD.)

-Show The Legend of the Three Caballeros.

-Add a late-night block of Disney Afternoon shows to the schedule, similar to the TeenNick retro block of many names.

-Add some of the 2000s shows to the schedule as well, like Kim Possible and Recess.

-Lump the Marvel programming into a weekday block.

-Possibly show the old Disney shorts here, too.

-Not to mention movies - not just stuff from Laika and Illumination, but from the Disney library - like my plans for the Disney channel.

ON THE PLUS SIDE:
-Renew Wander for a third season, give Craig and his team creative carte blanche, and make it Disney Plus exclusive - although I wouldn't object to showing it on XD or TDC as well.

-Add all the cartoons, movies and sitcoms Disney owns that aren't currently on another streaming service, and that currently aren't on Plus to the service, like Buzz Lightyear and Pair of Kings.

-Just for the fun of it, add Mousercise to the stream for those who fondly remember it from the 80s.

-Add Welcome to Pooh Corner and Dumbo's Circus, just so all of the lost episodes can finally be out there for your watching pleasure.

-Start adding more of the old Disney shorts, plus episodes of Wonderful World of Disney/Wonderful World of Color/Disneyland/Walt Disney Presents.

-See to it that The Muppets Take Manhattan is added, no matter what legal conflicts may occur, so that the first three Muppet features are on the stream.

-Add The Muppet Show, although I'm not sure if that'd be doable because of music rights.

-Add the rest of the episodes of AFV that aren't currently on the stream. The ones that ARE on there are just Bergeron episodes, with a HUGE gap between Seasons 19 and 23 for some reason. Some people would kill to see the Saget episodes on Plus.

-Same with Kids Incorporated. I'd love to put it on there as people have fond memories of it from the 80s, but again, music rights, plus MGM owns the show itself.

ON THE COMPANY SIDE:
-Acquire the Jim Henson Company and put all the movies and shows that are owned by them on Plus.

-Release one Disney animated feature and one Pixar film per year.

-Get rid of Freeform and move the 25 Days of Christmas to TDC.

-Start producing more 2D features and shorts.

-In terms of movies - start producing films with totally original scenarios, as opposed to producing CGI and/or live-action remakes of beloved Disney animated features.

Last edited:

PF9

Combine all streaming services into a single service under the Hulu name.

Merge ABC Studios and 20th Century Television into one, but use the latter as an in-name-only brand for non-ABC shows (the 20th Century logo would show up on like The Simpsons because it airs on Fox, but the ABC Studios logo would show up on Station 19 because it airs on ABC).

ABC Studios alternative unit is renamed Disney Alternative Television.

ABC Signature and Fox 21 merged into ABC 21 Signature

20th TV folded into Disney-ABC Domestic TV.

All of this should actually be done by Disney in the name of cutting costs.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA!
* I'd aim to continue to put more focus on TV animation department (because that's what's actually doing well for them, why not keep up the good work!), as well as make an actual effort to bring back good 2D animation to the film department.

* I'd reduce the amount of CGI-based fare to give balance to more 2D films, thus bridging what is an actual gap here and aiming to revitalized the American animated film scene in a real way.

* I'd definitely gut the live-action department. My emphasis is that Disney should be a cartoon channel / animated film company and not much else, as that's where they make the best positive memories with people of all ages, honestly.

* No more gaming shows. That's what YouTube and especially Twitch are for. Disney needs to be its own thing, not chasing after what really are just cheap and easy trends for a quick buck that's more cringy than actually worth it.

* Fox's Animation output would require some soul - searching and serious looking over; I'd have to can a few shows that are going on too long and make leeway into some new material worth something (that defintiely won't be an easy one.).

* I'd definitely make these reboots a reality, since Chip & Dale is rumored to be getting that treatment, in the hopes of material just as good, if not better, than Ducktales17 / Legend of the 3 Caballeros:

- Darkwing Duck
- TaleSpin
- Gargoyles
- A House of Mouse revival to showcase old-school Disney joints for the old-school fans
- More modern Mickey Mouse/Donald/Goofy/etc. shorts, if that's OK.
- A Winnie the Pooh revival (just because)

* Bonus points, revive all of the following for more 2 or 3 seasons, but with a strengthened writing staff emphasis on them, so they can become actual, if not bigger hits, than they were:
- Wander Over Yonder
- Penn Zero PTH
- Legend of the 3 Caballeros
- Randy Cunningham 9GN
- Future-Worm! (...and forget the haters)

* Treat The Muppets with more respect than the regime is, now, since that's a goldmine of old-school comedy to bring back into the limelight that they're sitting on and it's sad to see that!

* Slow down on any new Star Wars material in general, since it's not really doing well critically (it may be financially, but...) with audiences, save for The Mandalorian (so far, that is...).

* Give Marvel more of a much needed boost in quality to its animated projects, particularly the art-style, animation, and especially writing quality (this one won't be easy, though, I can tell you that.).
- There isn't much I can do for Marvel in their bread-and-butter (comic books), sadly; that'll require changes outta my jurisdiction / control.

* I'd also look into getting some Hasbro properties under my belt, including but not limited to:

- MLP (just because)
- LPS (with an emphasis on making that an actual success for once)
- Transformers
- G.I. Joe
My aim will be to make these properties, especially LPS (since MLP is doing just fine, but still.), actually stand out more than they do, now, really.

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I'd buy the rights to every single Jim Henson Company production in existence and go nuts on the streaming and DVD releases.

Granted, this in no way would help the company. But if I were in charge, I would be less invested in helping the company than getting a Jim Henson Hour Complete Series Box Set for myself. That's the only thing that matters.

The only other Disney property I am as invested with as the Muppets are Disney Comics, and I think IDW and Fantagraphics are handling them just fine.

Also I'd probably revive Gargoyles for new episodes just to get Weisman to quit whining about it. Because he never shuts it off.

Dudley

Staff member
I too would cater towards my own needs regardless if it makes business sense or not.
I guess I’ll have Marvel publish Gargoyles and other Disney comics. I know it’s cheaper for Disney to have IDW publish Disney comics, but COME ON! You own a comic book company.
Hell, you also own assets of Crossgen comics! And Malibu Comics too.

I’d also invest in more animation, since live-action shows and movies can’t be made at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdrenalineRush1996

For the films, I would bring back the traditional animated films and would be released concurrently with the CGI films as well as doing more original live-action films than relying on live-action remakes.

For the TV side, I would have Disney XD airing more original shows, which would include the return of live-action content and so on.

For the streaming side, I would have an agreement with Sony that would allow The Spectacular Spider-Man and the MCU Spider-Man films to be made available on Disney+ as well as reviving Wolverine and the X-Men, Gargoyles and Aaron Stone for the service.

And for the comics side, I'd bring back intercompany crossovers with Marvel as well as Marvel teams crossing over with Kim Possible, Gargoyles so on (like DC has done for their Injustice crossovers with Masters of the Universe and ThunderCats) and reviving the Malibu Comics line that would serve as the Wildstorm type imprint for Marvel.

Johntoonfan05

Walt Disney Studios Side...

No more Live Action Remakes

One Disney Animated Feature and One Pixar Movie per Year

Bringing Back 2D Animation (2D Movies and Shows)

Miscellaneous Stuff

Revive Toon Disney (Only air Shows and Movies only from the Disney Animated Stuff (Walt Disney Television Animation, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Direct to Video, Pixar and the Shows from Disney Channel, Junior and XD and Marvel Animation) and Marvel gets a Block for only the Recent Marvel Shows like (2017's Spider-Man, Avengers Assemble, and Guardians of the Galaxy and Ultimate Spider-Man) and i would make Toon Disney's Revival a 24/7 hour Channel and no Gaming Shows.

Treat the Muppets a whole lot Better and give them Respect

ABC And Fox Television Merged together

Disney Channel Side

Less Live Action Sitcoms

More Animated Shows

More Newer Shows

Air Movies Not just from Descendants or Teen Beach or Zombies Stuff but Movies from the Archival of the Disney Channel Original Movies

Add more Cartoons to the Re-Reun Schedules

Disney Junior

More Diversity on the Channel (not just from Disney Junior but Reruns of old Playhouse Disney Shows as Well)

Bring back the Magical World of Disney Junior

Disney Plus

Make a Season 3 Wander over Yander and make it a Disney Plus Exclusive

Put Shows, Movies and Sitcoms that aren't even on any of the Streaming Services like Examples: Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, House Of Mouse and The Legend of Tarzan

Gargoyles Revival (No Reboot) with a New Season

Add old Disney Shorts (From the Wonderful World of Disney/Disneyland/Walt Disney Presents)

Add Welcome to the Pooh Corner and Dumbo's Circus to Disney+ to Add More Diversity.

Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes comes back as a Season 3 Revival and Season 4 (With Characters and themes such as Civil War, Avengers vs X-Men, Infinity Gauntlet, Dark Reign) (X-Men, Black Goliath, Inhumans, Namor, Doctor Strange, Cloak and Dagger, Magneto, Dark Avengers, Thunderbolts ETC)

Mousercise added to Disney+

Heeroyuy_Batman

If I were in charge of Disney, I would:

Revive Gargoyles and have Greg Weismann make the spinoff shows he had planned on three conditions: 1) An in-universe explanation for The Goliath Chronicles 2) The canon comic books would have to be adapted 3) “The Last” would have to be made into an episode.

Alternate hand-drawn and computer animated movies.

Buy The Jim Henson Company

Buy the rights to Spider-Man franchise and media and the Men in Black franchise and media back from Sony.

Buy back the remaining rights to the Hulk.

Sell the rights to the Gen13 movie to Warner Media.

Buy Studio Ghibli.

Buy Hasbro.

Revive The Spectacular Spider-Man, Wolverine and the X-Men, and Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes.

Adapt JLA/Avengers as a theatrical animated movie.

Have Marvel do new crossovers with DC Comics.

Bring the remaining episodes and series from the Disney Afternoon and One Saturday Morning to DVD and Blu-ray.

Make a DuckTales (1987)/DuckTales (2017) crossover movie.

Make a Phineas and Ferb/Kim Possible crossover movie.

Release all three of the Lilo & Stitch animated series on DVD and Blu-ray.

Buy the rights to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise and media.

Release all the Fox Kids series on DVD and stream them on Disney +.

Do a Peter Pan and the Pirates comic continuing the old show and a crossover event with Disney’s Peter Pan and the Peter Pan from Once Upon a Time.

Bring a version of Gargoyles to the Marvel Universe.

Make an Aladdin animated spinoff series about Aladdin and Jasmine as Sultan and Sultana and their children.

Make an Once Upon a Time spinoff series or revive the series.

Release Once Upon a Time in Wonderland on DVD.

Buy WildBrain and Classic Media.

Make Anastasia a Disney Princess and make an Anastasia sequel.

Make a Rip Van Winkle animated movie.

Revive the canned King of the Elves movie and Gigantic.

Make an animated movie based on the Tower of Babel.

WaltWiz1901

This is a really interesting topic! If I were in charge, I'd...
- put a stop to the barrage of live-action/CGI remakes
- either consider sublicensing catalogue titles on home video to Criterion and Shout! Factory or get the home video division firing on all cylinders again
- greenlight more 2D animated films and shorts
- kickstart another restoration/remastering project
- make the Disney Store sell a wider range of merchandise again

Stumpos

Some may be cliché but here we go:
  • Revive the alternating between hand drawn and computer animated films plan they were doing from 2009-11 and give better marketing to the hand drawn films
  • Do an hour long block on Disney Channel for the classic Disney shorts (not the Have a Laugh redubs) like how Boomerang and originally Cartoon Network used to do with Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry
  • House of Mouse revival with characters from the movies post 2000 and even include ones from Disney TVA too
  • More Della, Max (Granted he's been in some Mickey and Friends productions but kinda have been absent from them post 2004, Webby (2017 version), Peg, PJ, and Lena in Mickey and Friends productions
  • Revive that Gigantic movie idea
  • Give more love to the Disney TVA division by including more characters from there (like the ones from Gravity Falls, Phineas & Ferb, Amphibia, Owl House, Kim Possible, and others) in the parks and even video games like Kingdom Hearts
  • Allow Disney TVA shows to last as long as the creators want them to rather than ending them prematurely like they did with Wander Over Yonder, Milo Murphy's Law, Ducktales 2017, and who knows what else.
  • Crossover of the major Disney TVA series of the 2010s like Phineas & Ferb/Milo Murphy's Law, Gravity Falls, Star vs the Forces of Evil, Ducktales 2017, Big City Greens, and Amphibia
  • Give animated shows (and not just Gravity Falls, Big City Greens, Ducktales 2017, Owl House, and Amphibia) more airtime outside of just weekend mornings like maybe primetime animation block
  • Air some of the older Disney cartoons like Disney Afternoon, Recess, and Kim Possible on Disney XD
  • No more bomb format for airing Disney cartoons
  • Greenlight Wander Over Yonder season 3
  • Greenlight Milo Murphy's Law season 3 (surprised for all the demand for that, no one in this thread suggested it)
  • Greenlight Ducktales 2017 season 4

SweetShop209

I'd say:

1. Have a more diverse schedule for Disney Junior shows, both on the block and channel. I like Puppy Dog Pals and TOTS as much as the next guy, but give more time for other shows too like Vampirina and Fancy Nancy.

2. Greenlight shows (whether by Disney Television Animation or not) with a finite number of episodes early on so that nothing is cancelled early or dragged on too long.

3. Let there be more crossover episodes and specials, and not just with movie characters popping up on tv shows, and not just shows from the same creator. Have something like Big City Greens characters interacting with Mickey Mouse, or the Muppet Babies interacting with characters from TOTS.

4. This is a more personal one, but give Chelsea Beyl her own Disney Junior show. Her work on Doc McStuffins and Vampirina shows that she can do well when given a great deal of creative freedom.

Micahel Cataldo

I have an idea:

Disney Channel:
Remove the Disney Junior block and put the Disney sitcoms and its original cartoons from the past back on the schedule and air movies on weekends.

Toon Disney:
Air Ladybug and Big City Greens on it and air its older cartoons.

Disney XD:
Remove anime and replace them with the XD sitcoms and its original cartoons.

Johntoonfan05

I have an idea:

Disney Channel:
Remove the Disney Junior block and put the Disney sitcoms and its original cartoons from the past back on the schedule and air movies on weekends.

Toon Disney:

Disney XD:
I have an idea:

Disney Channel:

Toon Disney:

Disney XD:
Great Idea that way Toon Disney can finally Return to it's rightful glory as a Channel with Old and Recent Disney Animated Shows.

pacman000

It’s root bear & a candy cigar!
Take a quick survey of things they owned. Invest in areas I think could grow; eliminate unprofitable areas which don’t have growth potential.

Try to reign in costs. Don’t know if I’d try to combine their various redundant studios together into a smaller, easier-to-manage organization, or if I’d treat Disney as a holding company which just happens to own several entertainment companies. I’m attracted to the make-things-smaller idea, but don’t know if everyone from 5-7 studios would mesh well together. It might be safer to keep the studios separate for now, & to just treat them like a series of investments.

And I’d rerelease Song of the South, even if the release just involved licensing it to someone else, like Anchor Bay.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

MeTV went off the air for about 15 minutes, right during one of the last Svengoolie segments up until it was time for the news (which I get in my area instead of Star Trek).
Well Bakugan was made in Canada too, so...
I made another temporary rebrand now, this time for two weeks, to celebrate the 15th anniversary of CN City's European introduction (21 April 2006).

Includes a 2004-styled profile picture and a banner featuring the 2010-present ITC Lubalin font and a checkerboard-styled logo.

I also plan to occasionally post in the 10th international CN thread, and City era CN CEE schedules.
man i can't wait for The CW's version of the Powerpuff Girls

Featured Posts