What was the last Sonic game you liked?

Latest News & Videos

TheJLeeTeam

Beak Freak & Bronikitty
Sep 9, 2018
USA
www.deviantart.com
When I was a kid I would play just about anything Sonic related. However the last Sonic game I enjoyed was Colors which was almost a decade ago. In fact it was the last piece of Sonic media I liked not counting Mania or the OK KO crossover.

Classic Speedy

Yup.
Staff member
Reporter
May 13, 2003
Sonic Mania is the obvious choice. It plays just as well as the classic Sonic games, but has even better graphics and sound.

I also liked Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing. Team Sonic Racing, less so, but it's still an okay diversion.

3D Platformers from the last ten or so years? I actually haven't played very many of them. A demo of Sonic Unleashed and Sonic: Lost World, that's about it. If you really wanna go back, I played through Sonic Adventure 1 again a few months ago and it has REALLY not held up well at all. Which is funny, because I used to actually sorta like it.

ToonJay723

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
New York
Sonic Mania, but I haven't played a lot of Sonic games. I've only played the original, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic 06, Sonic Generations, and Sonic Lost World. The only one I didn't like was Sonic 06.

Reactions: Fone Bone

Terror of Death

Aug 1, 2007
US
My favorites are Sonic CD, the Advance trilogy, Battle, Generations, and Colors.

I played the original 3 games and Knuckles as a kid but never got far due to the difficulty.

I stayed away from most of the 3D games and spin offs due to all the poor and mixed reception from review sites. The one exception was the Sonic Boom Wii U game. I didn't think it was the unplayable mess that most reviewers claimed but the fighting, platforming and puzzles definitely felt like a watered down version of series like Jak and Daxter or Ratchet and Clank. The running sections were the best parts.

Tails Adventure, Sonic 4 and Mania are in my backlog and I plan on getting to them eventually.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
I haven't really gotten a chance to play much of Sonic Mania. I've been more focused on my other Switch games lately. I don't have much nostalgic fondness for the classic Sonic games, so I don't know if that would impact my enjoyment of the game whenever I try to go through more of the levels.

I liked Sonic Generation for the 3DS. That was pretty fun. Going between classic and current Sonic worked out pretty well in that version. I played Sonic Lost World on the 3DS as well, but I don't think I liked it as much as Generations or Colors. It wasn't bad, but it didn't stick out to me as much as those other games.

Classic Speedy

Yup.
Staff member
Reporter
May 13, 2003
I forgot about Generations, that was a good one. Though I wish it ran at a faster framerate.