What was the darkest or creepiest Looney Tunes short?

Rabbitearsblog

What Looney Tunes shorts do you think were the darkest or creepiest? For me, I've always found Chowhound to be pretty dark, especially the ending. Also, some of the shorts where Sylvester and Porky Pig went to this haunted house was pretty creepy too. I've heard that Invasions of the Bunny Snatchers was really creepy too because of the doppelgangers, even though I haven't seen that short yet.

Looney Turtles

"The Case of the Stuttering Pig" for me. I can't think of a single short that I find darker or more creepy than that.

Frank98

Keep moving forward
I don't know about full shorts, but there were several individual moments that were pretty creepy. Lots of suicide gags, for example (although they were pretty funny, as well).

Rabbitearsblog

I don't know about full shorts, but there were several individual moments that were pretty creepy. Lots of suicide gags, for example (although they were pretty funny, as well).
Oh yeah, I remembered the numerous suicide gags they had, although they had cut them out when they aired on TV.

Yum

What about those Bertie and Hubie shorts, like The Hypo-Chrondi Cat or that one where Bertie and Hubie eat too much cheese, and therefore think it's time to die. What is the name of that one?

Rabbitearsblog

What about those Bertie and Hubie shorts, like The Hypo-Chrondi Cat or that one where Bertie and Hubie eat too much cheese, and therefore think it's time to die. What is the name of that one?
The episode where they ate too much cheese and think it's time to die was called "Cheese Chasers."

Lock n' Stock

Sorry to bump but...

Anyone remember Rocket-Bye Baby (1956)? You know, that one-off short where a father ends up raising a martian baby (named 'Mot') after a cosmic disturbance? There was some stuff in there that always unnerved and weirded me out a bit, like the father falling out of a skyscraper window to his presumed death while yelling "WHERE'S MY BABY?!?".

Jumpin' Jupiter
(1955) also applies a bit, not just because of that strange bird-looking alien, but the stuff that Sylvester goes though trying to (unsuccessfully) convince Porky that they're being abducted, much to his annoyance. The way that he says "get off of me Sylvester, or I shall KILL you!" is pretty chilling, in a darkly humorous way nonetheless.

I had both of these on a VHS tape of space-themed LT shorts (all directed by Chuck Jones), so revisiting them brought back some fun memories.

Rabbitearsblog

Sorry to bump but...

Anyone remember Rocket-Bye Baby (1956)? You know, that one-off short where a father ends up raising a martian baby (named 'Mot') after a cosmic disturbance? There was some stuff in there that always unnerved and weirded me out a bit, like the father falling out of a skyscraper window to his presumed death while yelling "WHERE'S MY BABY?!?".

Jumpin' Jupiter
(1955) also applies a bit, not just because of that strange bird-looking alien, but the stuff that Sylvester goes though trying to (unsuccessfully) convince Porky that they're being abducted, much to his annoyance. The way that he says "get off of me Sylvester, or I shall KILL you!" is pretty chilling, in a darkly humorous way nonetheless.

I had both of these on a VHS tape of space-themed LT shorts (all directed by Chuck Jones), so revisiting them brought back some fun memories.

I don't think I've seen those shorts, but they do sound dark and creepy.

Classic Speedy

Mildly perturbed
Staff member
Reporter
This list covers quite a few of the major ones. That said, I don't agree with some of the examples listed- "Porky in Wackyland" is anything but nightmare fuel.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
"There's a couple of very Adult Fear moments in "Duck Amuck" when you realize how existential it is."
One of the funniest moments in animation history is apparantly scary for some people :D

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/

Featured Posts