What shows should Unis TV acquire?

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Ryan

Well known for talking about Canada.
Jun 1, 2016
Ratings
618 4
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Unis TV is a Canadian-French channel that is a sitter channel of TV5 Quebec Canada. It usually airs original programming and other programming from Canada and around the world of Francophone viewers.
They usually air the popular show that is on that channel Ramdam. As well as old shows such as Malcolm in the Middle (Which only airs the first 2 seasons, should air the rest of the seasons though), The Wonder Years, Twin Peaks, The Twilight Zone, The Addams Family, etc. They also air youth programming as well such as Pirate Family, Martin Mystery, Team Galaxy, Atomic Betty (Only airs the first season), Caillou (The early episodes that was produced in 1997), Arthur (Only aired the first two seasons; while Seasons 3-5 aired on Radio-Canada), The Raccoons (Up until the episode "Monster Mania"), Wunschpunsch, Marsupilami (The 2000 series), Harry and His Bucket Full of Dinosaurs, Fred's Head, Sarah & Duck (The first series, I don't know if Series 2 was dubbed in French), Angelo Rules, Three Delivery, etc.

Now what shows should Unis TV should acquire:
RoboRoach (RoboBlatte) (Teletoon)
Code Lyoko (The original aired on Radio-Canada years ago)
Code Lyoko: Evolution (It was never aired in Canada, so most likely they will acquire this show)
Brady's Beast (Mission Monstre in Quebec or Monstres en série in France) (That show aired on YTV in English, Tele-Quebec in Quebec, and TF1 in France)
Zigby (It was aired on Treehouse TV in English; now airing re-runs on Disney Junior Canada. The French dub aired in Quebec on Radio-Canada, but it was pulled. Most likely they will acquire on this channel soon)
Total Drama Island (The first season of Total Drama. Known as L'île des défis extrémes in French)
The Secret World of Benjamin Bear (L'ours Benjamin in French. The English dub aired on Family Channel and DHX's Disney Junior until 2015. The French dub aired on Radio-Canada.)
King (A show aired on Family Channel back then. Known in French as Le roi, c'est moi. The French dub aired on Radio-Canada.)
Kid vs. Kat (Le diabolique Monsieur Kat in Quebec. The French dub aired on Vrak)
Hippo Tub Co. (The English dub aired on CBC, and the French dub aired on Radio-Canada)
Mischief City (Winchell et Compagnie in Quebec, the French dub aired on Radio-Canada)
Ratz (Footage of this show was seen in a teaser of the launch of the channel, but it wasn't even acquired yet.)
Martin Martin (Footage of this show was seen in a teaser of the launch of the channel, but it wasn't even acquired yet also.)

Is there any other shows that will be acquired soon, comment for your suggestions.

Ryan

Jun 1, 2016
Ratings
618 4
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I think Unis TV should air some shows from Nelvana to make it more Canadian than before.
Babar aired on AMI Télé. Guess With Jess is on both TFO and La chaine Disney. Franklin. Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Friends did aired on La chaine Disney, but some of the episodes are on TFO's streaming site. Jane and the Dragon is also aired on La chanie Disney as well, the English dub was used to be on Disney Junior Canada but it was now moved to Treehouse (even though it's a YTV show that aired in the mornings or afternoons).

And yes! Some Nelvana shows would air them on Unis. But other shows such as Rolie Polie Olie, Timothy Goes to School, The Bernstein Bears, Little Bear, Max & Ruby and Maggie and the Ferocious Beast are on TFO's streaming site.

Ryan

Jun 1, 2016
Ratings
618 4
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Here are more shows Unis TV should also acquire:
World of Quest (Le monde de Quest)
ReBoot (Mégabogues) (This show had aired in Quebec many years ago, let's hope they might get a remaster like Shout Factory did)
Seinfeld (Not sure that show ever aired in Quebec, but most likely they will acquire this show since they care about classic TV shows)
Marcus Level (A French cartoon show looks very good, it has yet to air in Quebec)

Is there any more shows should acquire to Unis TV?

Ryan

Jun 1, 2016
Ratings
618 4
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Well I also want Chop Socky Chooks to air on that channel. The Quebec dub to exact.

Well here's the story, in Fall 2015, I thought the name was Chop Suey Trio referring as Chop Socky Chooks. But I was wrong, it was the French dub of Three Delivery, as I remember watching the French dub when it was on Radio-Canada years ago, the guide said it was Chop Suez Trio. Well let's hope that the real Chop Socky Chooks aired on Unis TV.

Ryan

Jun 1, 2016
Ratings
618 4
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Sorry I haven't post it for a while.

Here are some more shows that need to acquire:

Nate is Late (Oscar et Malika, toujours en retard; It might fit to me, since none of the Canadian channels picked up the show yet.)
Furiki Wheels (Same goes with Nate is Late.)
Calimero (2014) (Tele-Quebec still streams all the episodes online, but no longer airing it.)
Rita and Whatsit (Rita et Machin; used to air on Tele-Quebec, but no longer airs it. I even gave them a suggestion on email.)