What shows has AS for sure lost the rights to?

Tacartoon

Since I haven't been keeping up lately with much of their post-Rick and Morty programming, I don't really have a definite say in what shows they have recently lost the license to, but if I had to guess, here are my choices:

-The Oblongs - We haven't seen it since 2015, so I don't know why they'd still have the rights to it today. I'm assuming the only reason they still have the rights to show Home Movies despite it not being an original is because of Metalocalypse creator Brendan Smalls' affiliation with the show.

-Shin Chan - This one is 99.99% a certainty. Since we haven't seen them air it since 2009, it's safe to assume that they have since lost partnership with Funimation to air the English dub. It's highly unlikely we'll ever see it on American television for a very long time because Funanimation stopped producing English dubs for the show. However, since Shin Chan is extremely popular in other countries and basically a cultural icon in Japan, where new episodes for the original Japanese version are still being made to this day, I honestly don't think it would be too hard for the English dub to be revived in Funimation regains interest in producing episodes and reuniting the original cast. It may be on a different channel should it return, but AS just might have a second chance at picking it up if they partner with Funimation again.

-Pee-Wee's Playhouse, Astro Boy - Pretty self-explanatory; both of these didn't stand a chance on the channel due to how tame and family-friendly their content contrasts the adult nature of AS (albeit with Pee-Wee having innuendo that appealed to adult audiences as well).

-King of the Hill, The Cleveland Show - These are the only ones we know for sure that they lost, obviously, because Comedy Central picked them up after AS was done with them.

I would have said Adventure Time but since Adult Swim and Cartoon Network are part of the same company it wouldn't technically be accurate.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
-The Oblongs - We haven't seen it since 2015, so I don't know why they'd still have the rights to it today. I'm assuming the only reason they still have the rights to show Home Movies despite it not being an original is because of Metalocalypse creator Brendan Smalls' affiliation with the show.

Not sure what The Oblongs has to do with those other shows, but let's break it down.
They had the rights to The Oblongs for a long time since it's owned by parent company WB, but it has since expired. They kept onto it in the hopes of getting a second season greenlit, but it never materialized, so it's no longer an option.

They have Home Movies because seasons 2-4 are still AS original productions.
They still have Metalocalypse because, again, it's an AS original series. It has nothing to do with affiliated voice actors. If it was produced by them, they're clinging onto it.

How to Make Money as a Kid 2

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I don't want a Playstation 5 for all of the new "next gen" games coming, I just want a PS5 so I can just play my PS4 games without my PS4 console sounding like a rocket engine blasting off. (...So tired of seeing the PS5's sold out everywhere....)
Who remembers playing the iCarly game Pack-Rat (Pac-Man clone)on the Nick website? Those were great memories
Was "Mega Man: Fully Charged" ever dubbed in foreign languages?

That thread reached 1000 posts, someone or any admin please lock that thread.
Am I hearing this right? Nick USA not airing SpongeBob SquarePants for a day? Am I dreaming?

Featured Posts