What scenes did toonami edit in "Superman: Doomsday?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

toonami012

Ive heard that toonami edit some scenes of "Superman Doomsday" movie. The first time i saw it was on toonami on July 12th but never on DVD. Does anyone remember the scenes they edit?

macattack

I see you!
Staff member
Reporter
Ive heard that toonami edit some scenes of "Superman Doomsday" movie. The first time i saw it was on toonami on July 12th but never on DVD. Does anyone remember the scenes they edit?

Where to start . . .

Most of the punches and direct death were omitted by suddenly cutting away, and what seemed to be the scene where Supes coughed up blood had most of the blood erased. Examples: the death of Farmer With Shotgun, and much of Doomsday's destruction before Supes' arrival.

There were a couple of exceptions: the scene where Doomsday's and Supes' fists collided was kept, and Mercy's execution by Luthor was kept intact (at least it seemed that way).

The most glaring edit was Toyman dropping to Earth from a bazillion stories high, they cut what seemed to be several seconds from that scene, because there was an obvious music skip in there too.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Since I haven't seen the DVD yet, the most obvious edit for me to see was when the clone Superman dropped Toyman from a serious high distance. Not only was their a change in the music in the different scenes, but the change in the scene itself made it clear how we missed where Toyman lands on top of the car.

SSJ Jake

Pony Sue is Pony
Was the profanity removed? I know it's not a big deal, but CN can be downright silly when it comes to profanity, even removing the word "crap" in TV-PG rated shows.:shrug:

Master Toon

I had never seen the DVD but I could tell there were parts missing in the Superman/Doomsday fight and the death of Toyman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to admit, it's been a while since I read a really low-level, lazy clickbait article.
Ezra Bridger is a better Ezra than Ezra Miller. He at least repelled the Empire from his homeworld.
Today is the 25th anniversary of South Park, 18th anniversary of Foster's Home and 15th anniversary of Slacker Cats.

This day is full of anniversaries.
To my friends on the other side of the aisle: Aren't you tired of this? Do you think your cartoonishly ridiculous excuses for this crap sound remotely plausible to sane people? Doesn't defending the indefensible make you feel embarrassed and stupid? When is enough going to be enough? What will it take?
youtube Nickelodeon even uploaded sneak peek clip 6 min of upcoming episode of Young Dylan - The Gift Grift which was supposed to air last Thursday but was pulled at last notice

youtube Nickelodeon above banner STILL reads as That New Thursday Nights.. it may be a matter of time to remove that banner since there's no new episodes of Lay Lay and Dylan this time.

Featured Posts