What New Animated Series/Films Are You Most Looking Forward To in 2019!?

SourSweetGone

Simultaneously Too Old &Too Young For The Internet
With 2018 slowly winding down as we reach fall, I am curious looking to the year ahead, what NEW Animated series are you most looking forward to next year!?

As for me I would say.....

-Care Bears Unlock The Magic: Looks cute and whether it ends up on CN proper or Boom I look forward to checking it out.

-High Guardian Spice: While the trailer only showed rough backgrounds and character designs I think this series has a lot of potential. Could be a nice mix of magical girl, fantasy & slice of life tropes like Little Witch Academia and Star VS before it.

-Infinite Train: Like many others I really loved the pilot for this and can't wait to finally see the full series!

-Rescuebots Academy: Everyone says this will air on DiscFam this fall, but there hasn't been official word of it since the announcement trailer, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it got pushed back to 2019 at this point, though I hope i'm wrong.

Thundercats ROAR!: Honestly I think it looks pretty fun, like a furry OK KO!

-Victor & Valentino: Apparently this was supposed to start this fall but got pushed back to 2019, hopefully we still get a preview for it around Halloween like we did Unikitty last year! I like the Book of Life-esque vibe it has to it.

Also give an honorable mention to She-Ra which has it's first batch of episodes releasing this November but hopefully will have more going into 2019.

Film wise looking forward to the second LEGO Movie as well as the third and final How To Train Your Dragon film, hoping The Adams Family flick turns out well.

And finally also looking forward to the two Sailor Moon Crystal movies which are supposed to be out next year I think.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I'm looking forward to The Rocketeer and TOTS cartoons for Disney Junior. Nicole Dubuc's previous works have me exited for the former, while the latter looks pretty cute, and has people like Travis Braun, Victor Cook, Guy Toubes, and Amy Keating Rogers attached.

For Disney Channel, it's The Owl House and Amphibia due to their elements of horror, fantasy, and mystery.

On the DC side of things, I look forward to Lauren Faust's version of DC Superhero Girls.

SourSweetGone

I'm looking forward to The Rocketeer and TOTS cartoons for Disney Junior. Nicole Dubuc's previous works have me exited for the former, while the latter looks pretty cute, and has people like Travis Braun, Victor Cook, Guy Toubes, and Amy Keating Rogers attached.

For Disney Channel, it's The Owl House and Amphibia due to their elements of horror, fantasy, and mystery.

On the DC side of things, I look forward to Lauren Faust's version of DC Superhero Girls.

I completly forgot about Faust's Super Hero Girls & Owl House! Yeah those look pretty great too!:D

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I am extremely hyped for:

Amphibia
Infinity Train
Mr Magoo reboot
Vikingskøøl

Interested:

Astro Boy reboot
Victor and Valentino
Hilda

I will check them out but don't have any high hopes for:

The Owl House
ThunderCats Roar

Last edited:

Dr.Pepper

Shows I’m looking forward to checking out:
Owl House
Amphibia
Infinity Train

Movies I want to see:
How To Train Your Dragon 3
Wonder Park
Toy Story 4
Frozen 2

Also,the remakes of Dumbo, Aladdin, and Lion King

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
-Victor & Valentino: Apparently this was supposed to start this fall but got pushed back to 2019, hopefully we still get a preview for it around Halloween like we did Unikitty last year! I like the Book of Life-esque vibe it has to it.
Do keep in mind that at SDCC, it was OK K.O.! creator Ian Jones-Quartey who gave out V&V's 2019 date, not Diego Molano, who created the latter, since Ian doesn't really work on V&V. It could still premiere this year, at least close to Halloween/Dia De Los Muertos, thanks to the show's supernatural/DDLM theme.

Perla Magica

Digital Love
Shows I definitely will looking foward:

- The Owl House
- Infinity Train
- Care Bears: Unlock The Magic
- Victor and Valentino
- DC Superhero Girls (reboot)
- Glitch Techs

Dudley

Staff member
I’m looking forward to Victor and Valentino, Infinity Train, Owl House, Amphibia, 101 Dalmatian Street, and DC Superhero Girls Show.
In terms of movies, I can’t wait to see the Steven Universe movie, Spies in Disguise, and The Billion Brick Race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeMabbon

Dreadful Child
Promare looks like classic Studio Trigger.

Micronauts just out of curiosity. Why bring this back?

jaylop97

Staff member
I'm really looking forward to Amphibia and Thundercats Roar. I haven't eyed too much of the others but if I ever do I might always keep an eye on them.

EdCNPowerpuffDrama

Shows:

Total DramaRama (it already premiered but i'm looking forward to seeing more episodes)
Infinity Train
Thundercats Roar

Movies:

Dragon Ball Super: Broly
Toy Story 4

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member
Oh my God literally EVERYTHING!

Animated shows:
Amphibia
Infinity Train
Victor and Valentino
The Owl House (think this is now 2020, but I'm not positive)

Films:
The Lego Movie 2
How To Train Your Dragon 3
Toy Story 4
Frozen 2
Wonder Park

Disney live-action remakes:
Dumbo
Aladdin
The Lion King

2019 is gonna be freakin' LIT.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Infinity Train, Owl House, Amphibia are indefinite for me. I'm on-and-off about Victor & Valentino and that DC Superhero Girls show. As or movies, we'll see if I can make time for that.

SourSweetGone

Infinity Train, Owl House, Amphibia are indefinite for me. I'm on-and-off about Victor & Valentino and that DC Superhero Girls show. As or movies, we'll see if I can make time for that.

I understand. Movies are are way too pricey at times.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
2019 is too far out for me to plan what to watch. I just look at what cartoon speaks to me when it's released and go from there.

JThree

The only thing I like is the new Ducktales and the Big Hero Six. I'm not a fan of a great deal of television right now. Looking forward to Young Justice, but that's about it.

Jthree

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Les Armateurs has now announced that Runes will premiere in 2019 on Canal+. Finally a date.

Normandy, 11th century.
Young William is 12 years old. He is destined to become the future Duke of Normandy and King of England. His father has just died and, to escape the criminal intentions of others who claim the throne for themselves, he lives incognito with a peasant family in a small village in Normandy. He will now go by the name of Willemot. As soon as he arrives, he discovers the Cave of Baligan, which holds through its Runes, the keys to all sorts of Norman and Viking legends.

(26 episodes x 22 minutes)
(CGI with 2D rendering)
les-armateurs-projets-runes7-1600x750.jpg

More pictures here: Runes | Les armateurs

I am also kind of looking forward to the Irish series Creepers, but I don't know when it will premiere.
2a-300x215.jpg
2b-300x215.jpg

In Development | Giant Animation

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts