What Is Your Favorite Doug Langdale Show?

What Is Your Favorite Doug Langdale Show?

• Earthworm Jim

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Project GEEKER

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Weekenders

• Dave The Barbarian

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • The Adventures Of Puss In Boots

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cleopatra In Space

• Total voters

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Doug Langdale has had quite an extensive career since the 1990s. He's helped create some pretty notable shows.

His first two shows were collaborations with Catscratch creator Doug Tennapel. They were Earthworm Jim and Project GEEKER. The former is based on the video games involving the titular Earthworm Jim as he goes around helping others, and being somewhat bumbling (from what I remember anyway). The latter was about the titular robot, who was meant to be a destructive weapon, but through various shenanigans, he's instead a good natured robot who's very clumsy.

He would then go to create 2 shows for Disney after having written for many of their shows. The first is The Weekenders, a slice of life show about 4 preteens in 7th grade (Tino, Lor, Carver, and Tish) and the adventures they have on weekends. The second show is Dave The Barbarian, a medieval comedy about the titular barbarian and his family and the misadventures they go on.

After that, he would mostly be a story editor for shows like The X's and El Tigre, and a writer for The Looney Tunes Show , Kung Fu Panda Legends Of Awesomeness, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2012, as well as a couple of Scooby Doo movies. In 2015, he would go back to creating shows with The Adventures Of Puss In Boots. It's a prequel to the 2011 Puss In Boots movie, which in itself is a prequel to the Shrek movies. It focuses on Puss' earlier days as he protects the village of San Lorenzo. After the show ended, he would create another show for Dreamworks. This time it's Cleopatra In Space, based on the comic book of the same name. It involves a teenage Cleopatra as she's accidentally flung 30,000 years into the future in order to fight an evil tyrant. She befriends an alien fish girl named Akila and a cyborg named Brian and goes to school with them.

Doug has made many great shows over the years. Which is your favorite?

Classic Speedy

Mildly perturbed
Staff member
Reporter
Earthworm Jim season 2. Season 1 was just okay but season 2 was a big improvement, as I feel like the show's sense of humor got more surly and self-referential/fourth wall breaking. See "The Wizard of Ooze" for a perfect example.

Dr.Pepper

The Weekenders is the only one I really remember (aside from Dave the Barbarian). I didn’t like it as much as Pepper Ann but it was still good.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts