What is your alltime favorite Spiderman show?

What is your All-Time favorite Spider-man Show?

• Spider Man Unlimited (1999)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GratoNite

Mine would be Ultimate Spiderman and Spiderman The Animated Series (1994)
What's yours?

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
Spectacular Spider-Man; What is there to be said about this series, great writing, great characters, and great fight scenes where Spider-Man does actually fight like Spiderman

GratoNite

Spectacular Spider-Man; What is there to be said about this series, great writing, great characters, and great fight scenes where Spider-Man does actually fight like Spiderman
Yeah, shame it was cancelled after 2 seasons

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Spider-Man: The Animated Series aka Fox Kids Spider-Man.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
Yup, all time favorite of mine, ran for 5 seasons, and has the best opening theme

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Mod Note: Double Post merged. Please use the Edit button instead of posting twice or more in a row.

Last edited by a moderator:

Capt.Traphouse

Sexiest Thing Since Sex
STAS.

The show was fun, compelling and helped make Spiderman one of my favorite Marvel heroes. Yes he couldn't throw a punch but this version of Peter Parker was so well written and human that I ignored it. The Kingpin was also a boss on the show alobg with all the other villains.

tenderheartbear

Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends.

I love the episodes 7 Little Superheroes, The Vengeance of Loki and Knights and Demons especially because of the additional appearances by other characters. It was also the show I saw as a child and still watch it with those child-like eyes whenever I put on the DVD.

I love the 1982 The Incredible Hulk show too for the same reason.

sanbell

I'm personally fond of the MTV Spider-Man from 2003. Certainly had the best soundtrack in my opinion.

General Mike

94 and Ultimate are the only ones I really watched. Everything else was either before my time, or I wasn't in a watching cartoon place in my life. I guess 94 wins by default then.

Trevor

The 1967 show. Even to this day it still has that appeal, and The Origin of Spider-Man is the best version of Spidey's origin story that has been done to date.

But I also like the 1981 show, Amazing Friends, the 94 show and Unlimited. Ultimate, I saw a few episodes and they were better than Spectacular. Spectacular was a spectacular piece of garbage that should've gone right into the trash before even getting the greenlight. It reeked! The 2003 show was so-so, but nowadays the graphics look like they could've come from the Activision 2000 Spider-Man PS1 game or the Gamecube/PC/PS2/Xbox versions of the first Spider-Man movie game.

Freddy

The Spectacular Spider-Man by a landslide. The show had fluid animation, engaging story-arcs, amazing voice cast (most of the actors are for me the definitive voices of their respective characters) and fun action scenes. This is also to date the only Spider-Man show that gave equal attention to the supporting cast as it did to the title character. I might sound like a blind fanboy, but it's really hard for me to think any genuine flaws in SSM. I guess the character designs probably need some time getting used to and some of the adaptional choices (like turning Kraven into a lion-mutant-man) could ruffle the feathers of comic book purists, but even those are the most extreme of extreme nitpicks, since they work in the context of the show. SSM is easily the best version of Spider-Man outside of the comics (heck, considering how Slott has been handeling the character, maybe it's even better than comics currently are) and while AEMH is my personal favorite, it is objectively the best animated adaptation of any Marvel property.

The 60's show has aged like milk and doesn't have much value outside of all the memes. It is definitely fun to watch, but purely from camp point-of-view.

The 80's show and Amazing Friends are harmless and enjoyable for what they are, but after you have seen them once, there's not much rewatch value.

I binge-watched through TAS couple of months ago and did grow more fond of it (if you don't know/remember, I was one of the loudest persons saying that the love for TAS was pure blind nostalgia). It was without a doubt an ambitious show for its time and there are couple of episodes that I would feel comfortable calling genuinely great. However, even in the good episodes there were a lot of plot contrivances, most of the character and relationship development seemed to happen off-screen, Mary Jane was generally written pretty badly, some of the plot point felt rushed, the cheap animation got unintentionally funny and the censorship seriously neutered the action scenes. Not to mention, the last two seasons had more misses than hits. While I have a soft spot for this show, I can't call it truly great.

Unlimited, in my opinion, doesn't deserve its reputation as one of the worst Marvel cartoons. Don't get me wrong, the show isn't good or anything, but next to the first seasons of 90's Fantastic Four and Iron Man, second season of The Incredible Hulk and most of the post-AEMH shows, it's kinda hard to be harsh on SMU. Honestly, the show's biggest crime is being horribly boring and mediocre.

I feel really bad for the MTV's show, since it had real potential to be a true masterwork, since it was aimed at more mature audience than any other Marvel cartoon prior or even since, had an outstanding voice cast and crew who seemed to understand the material (or very least were passionate about it), but all the network demands and the need to fruitlessly try to tie it to the continuity of Raimi movies really boggend it down. I still think that it's better than its reputation would lead you to believe and genuinely like it, but the wasted potential makes me sad.

Ultimate Spider-Man... just sucks. Easily the worst show out of this bunch. I would love to write a lengthy rant here about how much the show got wrong and why it isn't any good even by its own merits, but I don't have energy for that. People have already made tons of long essays, video reviews and deconstructions going through every single flaw of this show. Everybody already knows why it didn't work.

TheLemsterPju

The 1967 show. Even to this day it still has that appeal, and The Origin of Spider-Man is the best version of Spidey's origin story that has been done to date.

But I also like the 1981 show, Amazing Friends, the 94 show and Unlimited. Ultimate, I saw a few episodes and they were better than Spectacular. Spectacular was a spectacular piece of garbage that should've gone right into the trash before even getting the greenlight. It reeked! The 2003 show was so-so, but nowadays the graphics look like they could've come from the Activision 2000 Spider-Man PS1 game or the Gamecube/PC/PS2/Xbox versions of the first Spider-Man movie game.

If had to pick a favorite Spider-Man show...That's a tough one. I used to enjoy Spectacular Spider-Man, until the incredibly rude and purist-obsessed fans ruined that show for me. So I'll go with Ultimate Spider-Man. It had the most likable versions of the characters.

Last edited:

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
If had to pick a favorite Spider-Man show...That's a tough one. I used to enjoy Spectacular Spider-Man, until the incredibly rude and purist-obsessed fans ruined that show for me. So I'll go with Ultimate Spider-Man. It had the most likable versions of the characters.
Ultimate Spider-Man has the more likeable version of the characters? I don't think that is true.

Last edited:

bigdaddy313

Ok what's up guys long time no write, lets see here.......

My favorite one is Spectacular Spider-Man and I grow up with the 90's animated series so you would think its the latter.

It was the show that felt like a DC's animations quality, when it came to the tone, writing and fluid motion.

The 90's show was great for its time but Spectacular Spider-Man felt like a show rather than a cartoon if that makes any sense.

It was maturely written, very well paced, you care about the characters and always looking forward to the next because of the story arcs and character progressions, it might as well being a live action show which just happens to be animated.

It felt like a family show, it was as much for me as it was for my kids the same way DC and recent Disney projects like Ducktales, Rebels and I am sure the new Star Wars animated series are.

The new Spider-Man show is actually very interesting, it has me caring for the characters, looking forward to the next episodes, story and character progressions and a good world you can get lost in.

But the only problem I have the most with the new show is generally what I have with the rest, and that is Marvel's animation visuals, they are poor, lifeless, dull, boring and can be very distracting.

I just want Disney to produce the show like the others and not Marvel Entertainment, they are
making Billions every year they got no excuse.

Yeah that's my answer hope it was good enough.

Last edited:

TheLemsterPju

Ultimate Spider-Man has the more likeable version of the characters? I don't think that is true.

I think they are more likable in part to their nobility towards redeeming super villains and the fact that they don't mope and feel sorry for themselves. Keeping a positive attitude at all times is difficult, but inspiring to someone like me who has dealt with negativity most of my life.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I think they are more likable in part to their nobility towards redeeming super villains and the fact that they don't mope and feel sorry for themselves.

The thing is that IMO, USM is not what a Spider-Man cartoon is supposed to be. For me, that show feels generic and lacklustre let alone that I really don't like the fourth wall moments for that show (Deadpool does it better) plus I am very tired of the recent Marvel cartoons (the Man of Action produced ones) trying to be like the MCU but that's just me.

Last edited:

Trevor

I realize all the series are based on the comics, but I found Spectacular was really poor and it’s adaptations stank. Such as it’s take on the Alien Costume/Venom Original. Aside from the one scene that takes place inside Peter’s head, the rest was a very poor and sloppily made R.I.P. of the Season 1 three-parter from the 90’s series. In the 90’s series it was fresh (Venom had never appeared before in animation because he was a late-80’s addition, and the 90’s show only used very little of the Secret Wars Original comic in the aired story) whereas Spectacular it seems someone was a fan of that story from the 90’s series and just put the Venom Saga DVD or got the script from Marvel and just copied the show.

Plus the animation had zero weight or dimensional it’s behind it. I’m reminded of the commentary for the Disney Silly Symphony “‘Twas The Night Before Christmas” on the “More Silly Symphonies” Treasures DVD, and how right at the start of the cartoon you see elves throwing hay into the reindeers stalls, and the commentator mentioned how Disney was able to portray the ‘weight’ of the hay on the pitchforks and the elves straining to throw the hay.

Spectacular conveyed none of that and smelt like milk that had been left out for a month.

TheLemsterPju

I agree with Trevor though, in that Spectacular, aside from giving us very well-rounded antagonists, really didn't do all that much new in terms of storytelling. I felt like Ultimate did a lot of unique take on Spider-Man's stories and characters, for better or for worse, that made it more enjoyable for me.

Freddy

I thought him comparin MTV's Spider-Man to a video game was the funny part of his post, because the show does actually look like one.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts