What if YTV and Nick Canada merged to become NickYTV

Mc123

The whole idea in this thread is mostly about the fact that YTV acquired series is nothing but Nick shows and Nick Canada is totally pointless right now. So I think it would make sense to merge both channel. We have a channel that's a little more accurate to its name along with a long time local brand.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
I don't know. Depends on how the YTV brand will be accepted in the future. NickYTV looks like one of those transitory names.

stephane dumas

I think they could do the other way around, having most of the Nick shows on Nick Canada letting more space for others shows on YTV. mainly Canadian productions shows for Canadian content I guess.

Seems then Corus (who own YTV along with the rights of Family Channel in Canada) did some musical chair games with various shows from what I saw on a small paragraph from this blog post.
https://imissbionix.wordpress.com/2...season-2-on-family-yu-gi-oh-arc-v-correction/

Outside of Miraculous, DHX appears to be leveraging their own content to fuel their channels. The third season of the company’s CG-animated Inspector Gadget series premiered on Familyon January 8th … despite the series having originally been commissioned by Teletoon and the show’s second season still airing on the channel. The same can be said for former Teletoon original Supernoobs, whose second season is now headed to Family. Habitual whiner Cailloucan is moving to Family Jr. on February 5th. Even reruns of the earlier Johnny Test episodes are jumping ship. Unsurprisingly, DHX recently submitted their license renewals to the CRTC and requested they be allowed to air more owned content. Though, the company does appear to still want to play nice with others. Earlier today they confirmed the second season of their Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs series will air on YTV.

There was once upon a time then YTV even aired an Australian soap-opera titled "Home & Away"(only the first season despite the series still being on the air Down Under)

Edit: That was around the time when YTV also aired Doctor Who as well as reruns of Rocky & Bullwinkle. It's tempting to said "Those were the days". ;)

Last edited:

Mc123

I think they could do the other way around, having most of the Nick shows on Nick Canada letting more space for others shows on YTV. mainly Canadian productions shows for Canadian content I guess.
The main issues about it is that Corus seem to care more on acquiring series than make them lately. They really seem deseperate for viewers on their main channels, specially that there doesn't seem to have anything else to acquire for YTV that isn't from Nick or picked up by another channel. Let's not forget that YTV has more carriage than Nick Canada.
Seems then Corus (who own YTV along with the rights of Family Channel in Canada) did some musical chair games with various shows from what I saw on a small paragraph from this blog post.
https://imissbionix.wordpress.com/2...season-2-on-family-yu-gi-oh-arc-v-correction/
Family belong to DHX Media, not Corus.
But then they couldn't spam Disney movies.
I don't really think so. Besides, if its the case, they still have plenty of channels for that (Global, Showcase, ABC Spark, Disney Channel)

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
What if Cartoon Network/Nickelodeon Canada shutdown?

Mc123

What if Cartoon Network/Nickelodeon Canada shutdown?
Its kind of the idea, the point of this thread was about opinions of trying to move most the remaining contents to the previous channels (Teletoon/YTV). But instead of shutting down these channels, they could rebrand these channels into secondary brand one such as CN Canada into Boomerang. Althrough, Nick could be either a full fledged Nick Jr. Canada or, to avoid a similar scenario with Treehouse, Discovery Family.

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy 5th anniversary to Nature Cat!
As a Black Friday offer, CBS All Access is offering new customers a 30 day free trial. To redeem the offer, use code TURKEY.
Happy 10th anniversary Tangled.

Jada Pinkett Smith's new animated short "Cops and Robbers" nearly ended up on Nick rather than Netflix Jada Pinkett Smith on Police Brutality and Animated Short ‘Cops and Robbers’ (EXCLUSIVE)