What if you could change the age rating of any cartoon?

Latest News & Videos

HunterMon17

Nov 24, 2015
For those of you who don't know, in the US we have an age ratings system known as the TV parental guidelines, which is supposed to let parents know what kind of show or movie their kids are watching. These aren't used for the news or sports.

A big bold square with the word TV on top and the rating under it appears on the top left side of the screen for 15 seconds at the start of a show, and a smaller one appears the same way after each commercial break.

The ratings are as follows:
* TV-Y (Made for kids, okay for all ages)
* TV-Y7 (Made for kids, okay for ages 7 and up)
* TV-G (General Audiences)
* TV-PG (Parental Guidance Suggested)
* TV-14 (okay for ages 14 and up)
* TV-MA (Mature Audiences only, ages 17 and up)

However, many people don't like this system, saying the ratings are useless. People also believe shows are being misrated. If you could change the rating of any cartoon shows, what would they be, and why?

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
www.deviantart.com
I'd say the Boomerang cartoon Dorothy And The Wizard Of Oz. The show is rated TV-Y7 in America, which I don't get. It's clearly made for a younger audience (not that it's a bad thing since I like the show), and in other countries, it's given the equivalent of TV-Y, which is more appropriate.

Spacething7474

Thanks for watching “Jake glides down the whivers”
Did Scooby-Doo Mystery Incorporated ever get a TV-PG rating? If not, give it that because that series makes way more sense for that instead of Guess Who!, who does have that rating.
The same situation goes for The Tom & Jerry Show 2014, which also has a TV-PG (at least in the first season, I haven't checked for the others).

Last edited:

stephane dumas

Apr 23, 2006
Canada
I wonder how seasons 2 and 3 supervised by Ralph Bakshi of the 1967-70 Spider-man cartoon would be rated today especially the episode "Revolt in the Fifth Dimension"?