What if old Care Bears villains came back in Care Bears reboots

zoombie

First of all with the exception of Beastly in Welcome To Care - A -Lot and Care Bears Cousins, none of the classic rogue gallery has ever comeback, first of all, why is that, if MLP can bring back Tirac and the Smooze, why can't we have Professor Coldheart or No Heart back?

Is it also impossible because the old show was done by DIC and Nelvana, that Professor Coldheart could never co exist in the same universe as No Heart and his crew, and all the movie villains for legal reasons?

Legal issues aside, the idea of Professor Coldheart and No Heart being in the same universe would be great, even if they never appear in the same episode.

What if old villains did come back, how would you reboot them? Would you give them more character depth, make them more comedic, or serious, voice actor choices, etc.

Well I guess we would have to make Professor Coldheart less pedophily, looking back now, he is so real world creepy, I would make No Heart a little more intelligent, like how they changed G1 Tirac with G4 Tirac, they are both very different. Beastly would not change a thing from his 80's counterpart, he was perfect the way he was, just comedic and have his own lovable aspects to him even in canon of the old show he this frenemy relationship with Hugs and Tugs, as for Shreeky I am not sure, I would make her more threaten but at the same time more sympathetic, if you could do both that would be great. If she could be a more threaten version of Whillowmena from the Boomerang series Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz that would be great. Also the old show had lot of kid voice actors that voiced the human kid characters that went on to become big time voice actresses like Cree Summer and Tara Strong. I would love if the new Shreeky was voiced by one of them, I think Cree would be great .

So that is my two cents, tell me your opinions.

zoombie

I'd just bring back No Heart and Beastly. Coldheart bored me, as did the rest of the DiC series. The Nelvana series was a fond part of my childhood though.

Interesting take. Do you think like I do, that Coldheart and his whole creepy nature and interaction with the kids, would not fly today?

Anyway I forgot to mention, I would want more of an ongoing plot here. Like season 1 have No Heart have this evil plan that is build up all the way to the season finale. Well the season 1 finale of the Nelvana did kind of have that with No Heart unleashing the cloud of uncaring, love to see something like that, only build up from episode 1.

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Interesting take. Do you think like I do, that Coldheart and his whole creepy nature and interaction with the kids, would not fly today.

Anyway I forgot to mention, I would want more of an ongoing plot here. Like season 1 have No Heart have this evil plan that is build up all the way to the season finale. Well the season 1 finale of the Nelvana did kind of have that with No Heart unleashing the cloud of uncaring, love to see something like that, only build up from episode 1.
I don't know if Coldheart is creepy or not, but because the DiC episodes were so terrible, that I couldn't sit through them as a kid. So I barely remember him. But I remember I found him boring.

Grumpy Bear51

First of all with the exception of Beastly in Welcome To Care - A -Lot and Care Bears Cousins, none of the classic rogue gallery has ever comeback, first of all, why is that, if MLP can bring back Tirac and the Smooze, why can't we have Professor Coldheart or No Heart back?

Is it also impossible because the old show was done by DIC and Nelvana, that Professor Coldheart could never co exist in the same universe as No Heart and his crew, and all the movie villains for legal reasons?

Legal issues aside, the idea of Professor Coldheart and No Heart being in the same universe would be great, even if they never appear in the same episode.

What if old villains did come back, how would you reboot them? Would you give them more character depth, make them more comedic, or serious, voice actor choices, etc.

Well I guess we would have to make Professor Coldheart less pedophily, looking back now, he is so real world creepy, I would make No Heart a little more intelligent, like how they changed G1 Tirac with G4 Tirac, they are both very different. Beastly would not change a thing from his 80's counterpart, he was perfect the way he was, just comedic and have his own lovable aspects to him even in canon of the old show he this frenemy relationship with Hugs and Tugs, as for Shreeky I am not sure, I would make her more threaten but at the same time more sympathetic, if you could do both that would be great. If she could be a more threaten version of Whillowmena from the Boomerang series Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz that would be great. Also the old show had lot of kid voice actors that voiced the human kid characters that went on to become big time voice actresses like Cree Summer and Tara Strong. I would love if the new Shreeky was voiced by one of them, I think Cree would be great .

So that is my two cents, tell me your opinions.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts