What if MeTV launched an all-animation channel?

Mr. Idea Box

First off, it would mostly come from the WB cartoon library, with some additional help from Sony, MGM(Amazon), and Paramount. After all, Warner does own Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, The Flintstones, The Jetsons, and the Fleischer Popeye shorts.

Second, it would also be an OTA channel, like mainline MeTV. But on the subject of that channel, the animated content on there would stay the same, just as a promotional tool for the new network now.

Third, here's what I think could be presented on AcMe TV, the channel whose name I lifted from the Here Is Elsewhere board...

Weekdays:
6-7 AM: Totally Tooned In!
The name comes from Sony's old label for the UPA library. However, we don't just get Mr. Magoo and Gerald McBoing Boing, but the old Screen Gems library is added to the pile.

7-8 AM: Mighty Mouse Playhouse
The complete Terrytoons library, from the 30s to the 60s, would be presented in this catalog. However, due to the relative obscurity of these studios, they're relegated to the morning slots.

8 AM-2 PM: The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera
Oh yeah, this name is getting brought back in style. However, we do not see The Flintstones, The Jetsons, or Scooby-Doo in this block, as they'd have their own timeslots.
However, everything else under the HB umbrella, from Huckleberry Hound to SWAT Kats? Those are getting in here.

2-4 PM: Those Meddling Kids!
A two-hour block of nothing but Scooby-Doo and commercial breaks. This shows the entire library from 1969 until 1991. What's New and anything after that are exempt for being too recent, though.

4-6 PM: Super Adventures
In this block, you'd find the likes of ThunderCats, SilverHawks, 70s Star Trek, and the Filmation DC cartoons. Basically, if it's action, and it's not tied down to Bill and Joe, it'll find its way on here.

6:00 PM: The Flintstones
6:30 PM: The Jetsons
We're kicking off the primetime block with some of the finest adult animation ever created. Take that, FX!

7-8 PM: Bugs Bunny and Friends
8-9 PM: The Tom and Jerry Show
9-10 PM: Popeye and Pals
10-11 PM: Pink Panther's Party
11 PM-12 AM: Cartoon Kablooey
And you guys thought I wouldn't forget about MeTV's real meat and potatoes! Not only are Bugs and Tom kept to their hour-long timeslots with as complete of a library as they're allowed, but Popeye and Pals now has two Betty Boop cartoons in each hour AND your choice of an Out of the Inkwell, Talkartoons, or Color Classics on the side.
Also, Pink Panther's Party now has double the fun of DePatie-Freleng, with not only The Pink Panther, The Inspector, and Roland & Rattfink, but the long-awaited debut of The Ant and the Aardvark, plus Tijuana Toads free of charge!

And to top it all off, Cartoon Kablooey takes us into the public domain vaults to see just how good film restoration really can be.
Yes, Virginia. The Alice Comedies and Oswald the Lucky Rabbit cartoons will appear here. And new shorts from Uncle Walt can appear each year, provided the public domain doesn't expand further.

Furthermore, Cartoon Kablooey is hosted by Toony in his Sventoonie outfit, because as much as I'd want to leave him off, they'd want to have him present something on this venture.

12-2 AM: Late-Night Sushi
This block is where you'll find Astro Boy and company, especially due to the Seven Arts Productions and Right Stuf, Inc. libraries being owned by WB and Sony, respectively. And here I thought Columbia wouldn't amount to much here!

2-6 AM: The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera
This early-morning block is where the obscure HB and HB-adjacent shows pal around, because would you want your kids to be up at 4 in the morning watching something like Kwicky Koala? I don't think so.

Weekends:
6-8 AM: Same as weekday programming.

8-9 AM: Gumby
Yes, we're actually allowing Fox Corporation to come on down. This is because they're not Disney or Universal, and Gumby's old enough to definitely qualify for this channel.

9-11 AM: The Early Bird Special
Well, of course there needs to be a movie block somewhere in here! However, with no Disney or Universal movies in sight, we have to restrict it to a weekend timeslot. But this is where Hanna-Barbera comes into clutch again, because neither Cartoon Network nor Boomerang wants to do with the stuff that doesn't sell well.

11 AM-4 PM: Same as weekday programming.

4-5 PM: Those Meddling Kids!
Yes, we get an additional hour of Scooby on Saturday and Sunday. I mean, with Hanna-Barbera cartoons and vintage anime on their own separate blocks, we need something to help stretch Super Adventures to more than a year's worth of unique reruns.

5-6 PM: Back to Bedrock
This block is dedicated to the Flintstones spinoffs from the 70s, back when Fred had merit as a cereal and vitamin salesman AND as a TV star. Not just one or the other.

6 PM: The Flintstones
6:30 PM: Knowledge is Power!
In place of The Jetsons in the early primetime slot, we have an original series! Set in a fictional news station called Toonburg's Owned and Operated News, or TOON for short, the "top toon stars", those of which are not owned by Disney or Comcast, host a news show mainly dedicated to delivering information on your favorite animated characters and such. But for the new kids on the tube, there is a segment of non-real news that could only happen in Toontown. Oops, sorry, I mean Toonburg.

7 PM-6 AM: Same as weekday programming.

So, what do you guys think?

[classic swim]

SwimShady
Pretty cool list. But I doubt they could pull anything off like that even for a stream.

Plus, I’m alright with the live action stuff on MeTV.

Been awhile since I watched, but I had a great experience with Flintstones and Happy Days airing alongside each other.

Mr. Idea Box

Pretty cool list. But I doubt they could pull anything off like that even for a stream.

Been awhile since I watched, but I had a great experience with Flintstones and Happy Days airing alongside each other.
I mean, I wouldn't just replace the live-action stuff with more animation. This is merely just for a spinoff channel.

Plus, if I were to dream, Mickey Mouse and Woody Woodpecker would increase the primetime block by two hours. But since I want to stick to WB, MGM, and Columbia for the most part, they're off the list.

However, I'd definitely air Gilligan's Island and I Dream of Jeannie on AcMe TV if the traditional sitcom could enter this station.

Otakuninja2006

@Mr. Idea Box, @[classic swim]..............

If such network was to get off the ground, I would not only cry in joy of such thing happening, but I would also give nearly all my devotion to this network.

But it would be MUCH better if the network could eventually pick up some new and recent acquisitions and even original to put in a premiere block.

Heck, there should even be a block of classic foreign animation.

I'll be back to talk about your schedule later.

Oh, and if you want to for future network ideas, here's this thread:

@Tacomaster and @superkeegan9100, another member I think you'd probably get along with quite well, has made some good channel ideas there.

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
I also feel like MeTV could launch a cartoon-based FTA channel. I feel it would be called Toony TV, and Toony would be all OVER the channel's branding. My apologies to Mr. Idea Box, but MeTV has responded to Toon In With Me's success by capitalizing on Toony to be the channel's next Svengoolie-level star. I mean, he already has a spinoff! And said spinoff is a parody of Svengoolie!

Already, MeTV has the rights to the following cartoons from the following studios:
  • Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, Popeye, The Flintstones, and the Jetsons, all from WB
  • Pink Panther and other DFE shorts, from MGM
  • Color Rhapsodies, from Sony
  • Color Classics, from Paramount
And as for stuff we should NOT expect...
  • Anything from Disney. Anything at all.
  • When asked about the Woody Woodpecker shorts, Bill the Cartoon Curator explained that Universal wouldn't let them get the Woody cartoons, so this crosses off the Woody shorts from the list of possibilities, as well as anything from Universal/DreamWorks.
  • Sony may be a cartoon partner now, but any Toonami fan knows they keep their vast supply on anime locked behind the Crunchyroll paywall (for a service that has less subscribers than PEACOCK). So don't expect any anime from them anytime soon...
  • While Paramount and ESPECIALLY WB are cartoon partners, they probably won't let MeTV touch their Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network originals/franchises. Which is fine in the case of WB, who has a massive cartoon library from Hanna-Barbera, but not Paramount, who basically puts almost all of their kids content under the Nickelodeon brand.
To get more into specifics, I went to the MeTV online mall and wrote down all the cartoon series and franchises I could find had merch, then I seperated them into three categories- those that were likely to come to the proposed channel, those that could maybe come to the channel, and those that were not likely to come to the channel.
  • LIKELY
    • Looney Tunes, Flintstones, Jetsons, Tom and Jerry, Pink Panther - already on MeTV
    • Scooby-Doo - WB-owned
    • Yogi Bear - WB-owned; while Yogi is the only H-B "funny animal" character to appear in the MeTV shop, it's very likely that other H-B funny animals could come with him, through The Yogi Bear Show (Snagglepuss and Yakky Doodle) and his debut on the almost-as-iconic Huckleberry Hound Show (which also stars Pixie and Dixie and Hokey Wolf).
    • Space Ghost - WB-owned
    • Wacky Races - WB-owned
    • Anything DC Comics related - WB-owned; DC Comics shows aplenty on MeTV's sister network Heroes and Icons
      • Both Super Friends and its later incarnation, Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians, specifically have merch in the MeTV mall as well, so it's very likely that Super Friends will air
    • Jonny Quest - WB-owned
    • Star Trek: The Animated Series - Owned by Paramount; the original Star Trek airs on MeTV, and it and its many spinoffs air on Heroes and Icons (though yes, I did find animated series merch)
    • Rocky and Bullwinkle - Owned by WildBrain. While WildBrain doesn't have any preexisting deals with MeTV, they have made deals with other, much smaller and cheaper channels (Qubo, Kids Street, etc.) and is likely so cheap to buy shows from that R&B should be a cinch.
    • Garfield and Friends - While technically a Nickelodeon franchise, the 1980s Garfield and Friends series is actually owned by 9 Story, who, similar to WildBrain, is pretty cheap and works with cheap channels like Qubo. While 9 Story isn't as well known, I feel that if MeTV is willing, Garfield and Friends could definitely come to Toony TV.
  • MAYBE
    • Thunderbirds - Already on MeTV, but whether it'd make its way over to this channel would depend on whether they think of puppetry as animation or not.
    • Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain - WB-owned, but the only reason they're not in "likely" is because of their relative recency. And even then, MeTV aired Looney Tunes shorts from as far forward as 2003, and even briefly aired Monk, the 2002 USA Network series, back in 2022.
    • Mighty Mouse/Terrytoons - Paramount-owned, though if you told them that they'd stare in disbelief. The Terrytoons have been dead in the water since the failure of Curbside in 1999, and they've been rotting in Paramount's vault ever since, only opening the vault for bonus material on the Mighty Mouse New Adventures DVD. The vault also kept some of the Fleischer-era Color Classics and the 1960s stuff, and we've already seen the former come to MeTV, so there is a bit of a chance Mighty Mouse could come to MeTV. But not even the public domain Terrytoons have aired on Toon In, so that's a bit of a hiccup. All in all, there's equal chances that the Terrytoons either would or wouldn't be on this new channel.
    • Transformers and G.I. Joe - Owned by Hasbro. Hasbro has no pre-existing deal with MeTV, but they are open to collaboration with many outlets, and they do treat the shows well, with many DVD releases and, until recently, reruns on Discovery Family.
    • Gumby - Owned by Fox Corporation. Whether or not Gumby will be able to come over relies entirely on them. (fun fact: Gumby previously aired on MeTV before)
    • Alvin and the Chipmunks - Currently owned by the Bagdasarian family, who's looking to sell them off. Bagdasarian would likely hold off on any TV deals until the sale was complete, and then it would be up to whoever owns the rascally rodents. If WB buys them? They'd definitely make the cut. What about Sony? Maybe they could be allowed on the network. Paramount, who would very likely put them under Nickelodeon? Nuh-uh. DISNEY? You gotta be kidding me!
  • NOT LIKELY
    • Woody Woodpecker - Universal-owned
    • Underdog - Universal-owned
    • He-Man and the Masters of the Universe/She-Ra: Princess of Power - Universal-owned (fun fact: they previously aired on MeTV before)
    • Peanuts (both the specials and the Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show) - While it is distributed by WildBrain, who I already mentioned would be cheap and easy to nab shows from, Apple not only has exclusive streaming rights, but they also apparently have the rights to bar all Peanuts content from TV- as seen in 2020 when they pulled the specials from ABC and only put them on PBS after public outcry, and then again in 2022 when they pulled the specials from PBS and you could only watch them on Apple TV+. Apple did offer free streaming of the specials for the holidays, but it didn't work.
    • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Nickelodeon property. While the 1987 series isn't owned by Nick specifically (rather, Fred Wolf Films somehow still holds the rights to the series itself while Nick owns the rights to the 1987 designs and characters, which they actually had to get seperately from the rest of the TMNT franchise), it also hasn't been on American television reruns since 1996 (despite deals with Lionsgate for DVD releases and massive nostalgia for it). The only hope for MeTV to nab the Turtles would be for someone else to buy the rights... and even then, it's very likely that the certain someone to be Nickelodeon. And to add insult to injury, the only TMNT merch I could find were Funko pops for the 1990 movie.

aegisrawks

I would love seeing Battle Of The Planets airing on said hypotethical channel. HECK! I would even love to see it on MAIN Me TV.

Mr. Idea Box

I also feel like MeTV could launch a cartoon-based FTA channel. I feel it would be called Toony TV, and Toony would be all OVER the channel's branding. My apologies to Mr. Idea Box, but MeTV has responded to Toon In With Me's success by capitalizing on Toony to be the channel's next Svengoolie-level star. I mean, he already has a spinoff! And said spinoff is a parody of Svengoolie!
No problem. I haven't paid much attention to Toony anyway, opting to record the Saturday block instead of the weekday show. Good idea on the name, though.
Already, MeTV has the rights to the following cartoons from the following studios:
  • Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, Popeye, The Flintstones, and the Jetsons, all from WB
  • Pink Panther and other DFE shorts, from MGM
  • Color Rhapsodies, from Sony
  • Color Classics, from Paramount
If this doesn't signify how much animation WB owns and rarely uses, nothing will.
And as for stuff we should NOT expect...
  • Anything from Disney. Anything at all.
Well, there ARE some Alice Comedies and older Oswald the Lucky Rabbit shorts that have entered the public domain since a couple weeks ago. If ownership rights are an issue, they can skirt past it by waiting for the next Public Domain Day to arrive.

But outside of that? Not budging one bit, and likely never will.
  • When asked about the Woody Woodpecker shorts, Bill the Cartoon Curator explained that Universal wouldn't let them get the Woody cartoons, so this crosses off the Woody shorts from the list of possibilities, as well as anything from Universal/DreamWorks.
I really thought the Walter Lantz library could be available to air. I mean, we already have Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry from WarnerMedia, and Peacock doesn't get many subscribers anyway.

Besides, most of the Universal cartoon library, outside of Classic Media, is a bit too recent to qualify. Even if we increase the limit to 1995, the year Full House had its finale.
  • Sony may be a cartoon partner now, but any Toonami fan knows they keep their vast supply on anime locked behind the Crunchyroll paywall (for a service that has less subscribers than PEACOCK). So don't expect any anime from them anytime soon...
Oh well, it's not like Sony really has that big of a cartoon library that's not from Japan, to begin with.
  • While Paramount and ESPECIALLY WB are cartoon partners, they probably won't let MeTV touch their Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network originals/franchises. Which is fine in the case of WB, who has a massive cartoon library from Hanna-Barbera, but not Paramount, who basically puts almost all of their kids content under the Nickelodeon brand.
I don't blame them, but I wouldn't mind seeing 2 Stupid Dogs on this kind of network.
To get more into specifics, I went to the MeTV online mall and wrote down all the cartoon series and franchises I could find had merch, then I seperated them into three categories- those that were likely to come to the proposed channel, those that could maybe come to the channel, and those that were not likely to come to the channel.
You put a lot of research into this, and I salute you for it.
  • LIKELY
    • Looney Tunes, Flintstones, Jetsons, Tom and Jerry, Pink Panther - already on MeTV
    • Scooby-Doo - WB-owned
    • Yogi Bear - WB-owned; while Yogi is the only H-B "funny animal" character to appear in the MeTV shop, it's very likely that other H-B funny animals could come with him, through The Yogi Bear Show (Snagglepuss and Yakky Doodle) and his debut on the almost-as-iconic Huckleberry Hound Show (which also stars Pixie and Dixie and Hokey Wolf).
    • Space Ghost - WB-owned
    • Wacky Races - WB-owned
    • Anything DC Comics related - WB-owned; DC Comics shows aplenty on MeTV's sister network Heroes and Icons
      • Both Super Friends and its later incarnation, Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians, specifically have merch in the MeTV mall as well, so it's very likely that Super Friends will air
    • Jonny Quest - WB-owned
I put the properties already on MeTV in the primetime lineup, just because I can. Outside of those, I can absolutely see Scooby and Yogi on the channel, as well as Huckleberry Hound by association.

But outside of Space Ghost, Wacky Races, Super Friends, and Jonny Quest, perhaps The Smurfs could be added in? By that, I mean the 1981 cartoon that ended eight years later. That was made at HB, and could probably fit the E/I guidelines that Saved by the Bell does at MeTV proper.

All in all, these could work for the WB section.
    • Star Trek: The Animated Series - Owned by Paramount; the original Star Trek airs on MeTV, and it and its many spinoffs air on Heroes and Icons (though yes, I did find animated series merch)
    • Rocky and Bullwinkle - Owned by WildBrain. While WildBrain doesn't have any preexisting deals with MeTV, they have made deals with other, much smaller and cheaper channels (Qubo, Kids Street, etc.) and is likely so cheap to buy shows from that R&B should be a cinch.
    • Garfield and Friends - While technically a Nickelodeon franchise, the 1980s Garfield and Friends series is actually owned by 9 Story, who, similar to WildBrain, is pretty cheap and works with cheap channels like Qubo. While 9 Story isn't as well known, I feel that if MeTV is willing, Garfield and Friends could definitely come to Toony TV.
I'd be surprised to see these three shows on Toony TV, but I wouldn't go out and refuse them. Heck, Rocky and Bullwinkle would absolutely be a good show to grab.
  • MAYBE
    • Thunderbirds - Already on MeTV, but whether it'd make its way over to this channel would depend on whether they think of puppetry as animation or not.
I personally consider "supermarionation" to be on the lesser side of puppetry, but I wouldn't say no to Thunderbirds on Heroes & Icons.

Besides, The Muppets are still the gold standard of puppetry, and their Disney ownership renders them impossible.
    • Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain - WB-owned, but the only reason they're not in "likely" is because of their relative recency. And even then, MeTV aired Looney Tunes shorts from as far forward as 2003, and even briefly aired Monk, the 2002 USA Network series, back in 2022.
That's the exact reason why I left them off, but if 2003 is the absolute cutting off point for animation on MeTV, then they have a shot. So do Tiny Toon Adventures, Taz-Mania, and Captain Planet, honestly.
    • Mighty Mouse/Terrytoons - Paramount-owned, though if you told them that they'd stare in disbelief. The Terrytoons have been dead in the water since the failure of Curbside in 1999, and they've been rotting in Paramount's vault ever since, only opening the vault for bonus material on the Mighty Mouse New Adventures DVD. The vault also kept some of the Fleischer-era Color Classics and the 1960s stuff, and we've already seen the former come to MeTV, so there is a bit of a chance Mighty Mouse could come to MeTV. But not even the public domain Terrytoons have aired on Toon In, so that's a bit of a hiccup. All in all, there's equal chances that the Terrytoons either would or wouldn't be on this new channel.
I do hope that Mighty Mouse and the other Terrytoons favorites could be presentable, but I won't lose sleep if they don't make it. I'll settle for the public domain ones.
    • Transformers and G.I. Joe - Owned by Hasbro. Hasbro has no pre-existing deal with MeTV, but they are open to collaboration with many outlets, and they do treat the shows well, with many DVD releases and, until recently, reruns on Discovery Family.
If they could nab the rights, it'll have to be in the afternoon or evening hours, due to their nature as action cartoons. And some of the best ever made, at that.
    • Gumby - Owned by Fox Corporation. Whether or not Gumby will be able to come over relies entirely on them. (fun fact: Gumby previously aired on MeTV before)
I put Gumby on there because Fox Corp could use the extra promotion here, due to them being a lot smaller than they once were.
    • Alvin and the Chipmunks - Currently owned by the Bagdasarian family, who's looking to sell them off. Bagdasarian would likely hold off on any TV deals until the sale was complete, and then it would be up to whoever owns the rascally rodents. If WB buys them? They'd definitely make the cut. What about Sony? Maybe they could be allowed on the network. Paramount, who would very likely put them under Nickelodeon? Nuh-uh. DISNEY? You gotta be kidding me!
Not only that, but I told myself that I'd boycott Disney if they bought one more thing, and the Chipmunks absolutely count as that "one more thing". I'd even say that Paramount would be easier to negotiate with than Disney is.
  • NOT LIKELY
    • Woody Woodpecker - Universal-owned
    • Underdog - Universal-owned
    • He-Man and the Masters of the Universe/She-Ra: Princess of Power - Universal-owned (fun fact: they previously aired on MeTV before)
This makes me happy that WildBrain now owns the Jay Ward catalog, as that bumps them up a considerable amount.

However, I will be sorry to not see the Lantz stuff on here.
    • Peanuts (both the specials and the Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show) - While it is distributed by WildBrain, who I already mentioned would be cheap and easy to nab shows from, Apple not only has exclusive streaming rights, but they also apparently have the rights to bar all Peanuts content from TV- as seen in 2020 when they pulled the specials from ABC and only put them on PBS after public outcry, and then again in 2022 when they pulled the specials from PBS and you could only watch them on Apple TV+. Apple did offer free streaming of the specials for the holidays, but it didn't work.
That's an out-and-out shame.

But on the brighter side, if it is ridiculously easy to get WildBrain shows on Toony TV, then we should consider Inspector Gadget or The Littles, since they've owned DiC Entertainment since 2012.
    • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Nickelodeon property. While the 1987 series isn't owned by Nick specifically (rather, Fred Wolf Films somehow still holds the rights to the series itself while Nick owns the rights to the 1987 designs and characters, which they actually had to get seperately from the rest of the TMNT franchise), it also hasn't been on American television reruns since 1996 (despite deals with Lionsgate for DVD releases and massive nostalgia for it). The only hope for MeTV to nab the Turtles would be for someone else to buy the rights... and even then, it's very likely that the certain someone to be Nickelodeon. And to add insult to injury, the only TMNT merch I could find were Funko pops for the 1990 movie.
I see. This unfortunately means they're nearly impossible, which is a bigger shame than not getting Universal on board.

SilentYoda

Snowy Snowy

Yes, same here and OP is just share his idea.

MeTV is just original 24/7 TVLand format that Viacom abandoned after 2010.

I like MeTV+ (MeTV Plus) more because they have a lot of drama shows but sadly, it is available in limited metros.

If MeTV is strictly based on retro shows, so for all animated, they can use original CN format that first used in 1992.

Mr. Idea Box

If MeTV is strictly based on retro shows, so for all animated, they can use original CN format that first used in 1992.
Admittedly, that was why Hanna-Barbera reruns take up the school day hours and early morning times. Because we could go as far as the early 90s, CN's infancy, if Full House and Saved by the Bell are any indication.

Tacomaster

Admittedly, that was why Hanna-Barbera reruns take up the school day hours and early morning times. Because we could go as far as the early 90s, CN's infancy, if Full House and Saved by the Bell are any indication.
If we took the “animation” part out of this entirely and made it a retro kids channel, the following live action options are…

LIKELY
  • Saved by the Bell and Thunderbirds - Already on MeTV
MAYBE

• Mighty Morphin Power Rangers - In the MeTV shop, likelihood is the same as Transformers and G.I. Joe but with the added relative recency of Animaniacs
UNLIKELY
  • Fraggle Rock - In the MeTV shop, tied up with Apple
  • Sesame Street and Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood - In the MeTV shop, currently with PBS

Mr. Idea Box

If we took the “animation” part out of this entirely and made it a retro kids channel, the following live action options are…

LIKELY
MAYBE

• Mighty Morphin Power Rangers - In the MeTV shop, likelihood is the same as Transformers and G.I. Joe but with the added relative recency of Animaniacs
UNLIKELY
  • Fraggle Rock - In the MeTV shop, tied up with Apple
  • Sesame Street and Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood - In the MeTV shop, currently with PBS
Yeah, this seems about fair. Maybe other Gerry Anderson or Peter Engel shows could find their way on here by association.

However, I'm sad that anything with Jim Henson's handiwork is unlikely at best.

TnAdct1

Ravioli, Ravioli

LIKELY
I think we could also add the works of Sid and Marty Krofft here (as H. R. Pufnstuf and Land of the Lost have aired on MeTV in the past).

Tacomaster

I think we could also add the works of Sid and Marty Krofft here (as H. R. Pufnstuf and Land of the Lost have aired on MeTV in the past).
Yeah, those could also work. I also looked at some of the recently run or more well known shows and franchises of some of the content partners, and these shows could also be included (using 2003 as our maximum date for content and 2018 as the minimum year for last airing), both live action and animated: (also including other major franchises that haven’t aired but are still popular)

WARNER BROS.
  • The Smurfs
  • The Huckleberry Hound Show
  • The Magilla Gorilla Show
  • Top Cat
  • Josie and the Pussycats
  • Captain Planet
  • Pac-Man
  • The Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries
  • A Pup Named Scooby-Doo, and all the prior Scooby-Doo series
  • Tom and Jerry Kids
WILDBRAIN
  • Caillou
  • Paddington Bear
  • Inspector Gadget
  • The Busy World of Richard Scarry
  • Archie’s Weird Mysteries
  • Heathcliff
  • Madeline
  • Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego?
  • Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century
  • Bob the Builder (classic)
  • Wimzie’s House
9 STORY
  • The Magic School Bus
  • Goosebumps
  • Barney
MGM
  • RoboCop: Alpha Commandos
  • All Dogs Go to Heaven: The Series
  • Flipper

Mr. Idea Box

Yeah, those could also work. I also looked at some of the recently run or more well known shows and franchises of some of the content partners, and these shows could also be included (using 2003 as our maximum date for content and 2018 as the minimum year for last airing), both live action and animated: (also including other major franchises that haven’t aired but are still popular)

WARNER BROS.
  • The Smurfs
  • The Huckleberry Hound Show
  • The Magilla Gorilla Show
  • Top Cat
  • Josie and the Pussycats
  • Captain Planet
  • Pac-Man
  • The Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries
  • A Pup Named Scooby-Doo, and all the prior Scooby-Doo series
  • Tom and Jerry Kids
WILDBRAIN
  • Caillou
  • Paddington Bear
  • Inspector Gadget
  • The Busy World of Richard Scarry
  • Archie’s Weird Mysteries
  • Heathcliff
  • Madeline
  • Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego?
  • Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century
  • Bob the Builder (classic)
  • Wimzie’s House
9 STORY
  • The Magic School Bus
  • Goosebumps
  • Barney
MGM
  • RoboCop: Alpha Commandos
  • All Dogs Go to Heaven: The Series
  • Flipper
If I could pick some additional shows, I'd choose:

WARNER:
The Smurfs
The Huckleberry Hound Show
Captain Planet
Scooby-Doo (Where Are You? up until A Pup Named)

WILDBRAIN:
Caillou (Not really a favorite of most, but it is a big show to grab.)
Inspector Gadget
The Busy World of Richard Scarry
Madeline
Bob the Builder (classic)

Plus The Magic School Bus and All Dogs Go to Heaven: The Series. Maybe even the 1993 Pink Panther reboot.

That's 12-13 additional shows that I would grab for broadcast purposes.

Sam the Cartoonist

First off, it would mostly come from the WB cartoon library, with some additional help from Sony, MGM(Amazon), and Paramount. After all, Warner does own Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, The Flintstones, The Jetsons, and the Fleischer Popeye shorts.

Second, it would also be an OTA channel, like mainline MeTV. But on the subject of that channel, the animated content on there would stay the same, just as a promotional tool for the new network now.

Third, here's what I think could be presented on AcMe TV, the channel whose name I lifted from the Here Is Elsewhere board...

Weekdays:
6-7 AM: Totally Tooned In!
The name comes from Sony's old label for the UPA library. However, we don't just get Mr. Magoo and Gerald McBoing Boing, but the old Screen Gems library is added to the pile.

7-8 AM: Mighty Mouse Playhouse
The complete Terrytoons library, from the 30s to the 60s, would be presented in this catalog. However, due to the relative obscurity of these studios, they're relegated to the morning slots.

8 AM-2 PM: The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera
Oh yeah, this name is getting brought back in style. However, we do not see The Flintstones, The Jetsons, or Scooby-Doo in this block, as they'd have their own timeslots.
However, everything else under the HB umbrella, from Huckleberry Hound to SWAT Kats? Those are getting in here.

2-4 PM: Those Meddling Kids!
A two-hour block of nothing but Scooby-Doo and commercial breaks. This shows the entire library from 1969 until 1991. What's New and anything after that are exempt for being too recent, though.

4-6 PM: Super Adventures
In this block, you'd find the likes of ThunderCats, SilverHawks, 70s Star Trek, and the Filmation DC cartoons. Basically, if it's action, and it's not tied down to Bill and Joe, it'll find its way on here.

6:00 PM: The Flintstones
6:30 PM: The Jetsons
We're kicking off the primetime block with some of the finest adult animation ever created. Take that, FX!

7-8 PM: Bugs Bunny and Friends
8-9 PM: The Tom and Jerry Show
9-10 PM: Popeye and Pals
10-11 PM: Pink Panther's Party
11 PM-12 AM: Cartoon Kablooey
And you guys thought I wouldn't forget about MeTV's real meat and potatoes! Not only are Bugs and Tom kept to their hour-long timeslots with as complete of a library as they're allowed, but Popeye and Pals now has two Betty Boop cartoons in each hour AND your choice of an Out of the Inkwell, Talkartoons, or Color Classics on the side.
Also, Pink Panther's Party now has double the fun of DePatie-Freleng, with not only The Pink Panther, The Inspector, and Roland & Rattfink, but the long-awaited debut of The Ant and the Aardvark, plus Tijuana Toads free of charge!

And to top it all off, Cartoon Kablooey takes us into the public domain vaults to see just how good film restoration really can be.
Yes, Virginia. The Alice Comedies and Oswald the Lucky Rabbit cartoons will appear here. And new shorts from Uncle Walt can appear each year, provided the public domain doesn't expand further.

Furthermore, Cartoon Kablooey is hosted by Toony in his Sventoonie outfit, because as much as I'd want to leave him off, they'd want to have him present something on this venture.

12-2 AM: Late-Night Sushi
This block is where you'll find Astro Boy and company, especially due to the Seven Arts Productions and Right Stuf, Inc. libraries being owned by WB and Sony, respectively. And here I thought Columbia wouldn't amount to much here!

2-6 AM: The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera
This early-morning block is where the obscure HB and HB-adjacent shows pal around, because would you want your kids to be up at 4 in the morning watching something like Kwicky Koala? I don't think so.

Weekends:
6-8 AM: Same as weekday programming.

8-9 AM: Gumby
Yes, we're actually allowing Fox Corporation to come on down. This is because they're not Disney or Universal, and Gumby's old enough to definitely qualify for this channel.

9-11 AM: The Early Bird Special
Well, of course there needs to be a movie block somewhere in here! However, with no Disney or Universal movies in sight, we have to restrict it to a weekend timeslot. But this is where Hanna-Barbera comes into clutch again, because neither Cartoon Network nor Boomerang wants to do with the stuff that doesn't sell well.

11 AM-4 PM: Same as weekday programming.

4-5 PM: Those Meddling Kids!
Yes, we get an additional hour of Scooby on Saturday and Sunday. I mean, with Hanna-Barbera cartoons and vintage anime on their own separate blocks, we need something to help stretch Super Adventures to more than a year's worth of unique reruns.

5-6 PM: Back to Bedrock
This block is dedicated to the Flintstones spinoffs from the 70s, back when Fred had merit as a cereal and vitamin salesman AND as a TV star. Not just one or the other.

6 PM: The Flintstones
6:30 PM: Knowledge is Power!
In place of The Jetsons in the early primetime slot, we have an original series! Set in a fictional news station called Toonburg's Owned and Operated News, or TOON for short, the "top toon stars", those of which are not owned by Disney or Comcast, host a news show mainly dedicated to delivering information on your favorite animated characters and such. But for the new kids on the tube, there is a segment of non-real news that could only happen in Toontown. Oops, sorry, I mean Toonburg.

7 PM-6 AM: Same as weekday programming.

So, what do you guys think?
During the weekend late-night hours, I would replace airings of Cartoon Kablooey with a block dedicated to showing classic East European cartoons like those from Zagreb Film and Soyuzmultfilm, most of which (if any) have never been broadcasted on American television before making for a unique schedule addition.

Meanwhile, Late-Night Sushi could air obscure Japanese animated shorts.

Last edited:

Mr. Idea Box

During the weekend late-night hours, I would replace airings of Cartoon Kablooey with a block dedicated to showing classic East European cartoons like those from Zagreb Film and Soyuzmultfilm, most of which (if any) have never been broadcasted on American television before making for a unique schedule addition.

Meanwhile, Late-Night Sushi could air obscure Japanese animated shorts.
This could elevate the network to a new level of animation appreciation. I'm quite thankful for your suggestions here.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Today i learned that David Cronenberg (The Fly, Scanners) has a son who’s also a director and i saw a very psychedelic arthouse film made by him called Infinity Pool. I hope he becomes a more high profile director some day.

I wouldn’t recommend it to people who don’t watch arthouse movies though. It’s also very adult-oriented if you know what i mean
Update on the M&M's situation. He has reliable sources in this video.
Review Metabee wrote on DaGangOfToonz's profile.
is there any chance you are stoonsarchvie/sheetposter
Was "Xiaolin Chronicles" dubbed in both European Spanish and Latin American Spanish, like "Xiaolin Showdown"?
It's fun to see James Sie talk about Jackie Chan Adventures.

Featured Posts