What if Jim Samples was still a president of CN?

5YearsOnEastCoast

On 9th of February of 2007, Jim Samples resigned as CN president and later on 2nd of May 2007, Stuart Snyder became the president of CN. Jim resigned because of Boston Bomb Scare incident. But what if that incident didn't happen and he remained as a president for CN. How will CN look from 2007 until today? Will shows be different than what we have now? Jim Samples greenlighted Chowder, Transformers Animated and infamous Out of Jimmy's Head while he was still a president but premiered after he resigned. I also believe that he greenlighted Flapjack and Secret Saturdays while he was a president also. First news about this new shows appeared on CN Upfront of 2007, just few days after he redesigned, and I don't believe they would just greenlight the shows the day the upfront is announced and what new shows will be coming, they would probably pick it up weeks, maybe even months before it was officially announced. But cartoons from 2010- onward (like Adventure Time, Regular Show, Gumball...), will they be greenlight if Jim was still in charge? Will CN Real exist? And what about Canadian acquired programming? Will they air on CN? You know the ones like Total Drama, 6teen, League of Super Evil and of course our lord Johnny Test? Will they air on CN? It was rare to see an acquired canadian cartoon to air on CN before Stuart and they were showing up a lot more when Stuart became the president. What do you think?

TheMisterManGuy

Samples was alright, but I feel he shifted Cartoon Network too much away from its original purpose as an animation channel aimed at kids and adults alike, to just a generic kids network not unlike that of Nickelodeon. Under him, the older skewing Toonami block got pushed to Saturday nights, while a less violent and younger-aimed Miguzi replaced it on Weekdays. Adult Swim was spun-off, re-listed as its own individual network, as CN doubled down on the Kids 6-11 audience. The Shows that were green-lit under him were okay, but nothing on the level of impact that Powerpuff, Dexter's Lab, Adventure Time, Steven Universe, or OK KO had, except for maybe Fosters. For all their faults, I feel Snyder, and Miller were better at getting potential hits. So if he were still in charge, I think whatever was going on in the mid-2000s would probably be business as usual.

Nothing will ever replace Betty Cohen though. She made Cartoon Network into the pop culture icon it is, and she firmly believed that Cartoon Network should be a network for anyone and everyone who enjoys Cartoons, rather than just a cable version of Kids' WB!. Too bad Jamie Kellner, Samples, and the rest of the AOL Time Warner Management didn't feel the same.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Jim Samples gave us the most variety. The cartoons that got greenlight by him are all completely different. So even though Betty Cohen and Stuart Snyder both had more good cartoons overall, I do miss Jim Samples the most right now because of the current lack of variety.
The Shows that were green-lit under him were okay, but nothing on the level of impact that Powerpuff, Dexter's Lab, Adventure Time, Steven Universe, or OK KO had, except for maybe Fosters.
Foster's and Ben 10 were bigger hits than ANYTHING greenlight by Miller.

OK KO does not belong on this list. I also don't understand how you could think that maybe OK KO had a bigger impact than Foster's. Foster's lasted almost 5 years, OK KO barely 2. Internationally, Foster's kept getting reruns for years, but OK KO is gone already in many countries.

EdCNPowerpuffDrama

Jim Samples gave us the most variety. The cartoons that got greenlight by him are all completely different. So even though Betty Cohen and Stuart Snyder both had more good cartoons overall, I do miss Jim Samples the most right now because of the current lack of variety.

Foster's and Ben 10 were bigger hits than ANYTHING greenlight by Miller.

OK KO does not belong on this list. I also don't understand how you could think that maybe OK KO had a bigger impact than Foster's. Foster's lasted almost 5 years, OK KO barely 2. Internationally, Foster's kept getting reruns for years, but OK KO is gone already in many countries.
Ben 10 is also arguably the most popular series CN has ever made.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Dan Milano said how Nickelodeon did submit a Glitch Techs nomination for the Annie Awards, but it wasn't taken.

Doctor Who Hot Take: The Timeless Child plot is actually BETTER than the Cartmel Masterplan
R.I.P. to reggae singer/songwriter Bunny Wailer and English jazz musician Chris Barber.
New page on the RegularCapital Audiovisual Wiki: WBTV (The Warner Channel) Almost Launched In The UK In 1996. WBTV (The Warner Channel) Almost Launched In The UK

Featured Posts