What if Fox Kids continued after 2002?

Review Metabee

Who gets stuck with all the bad luck?
Imma make the late night Fox Kids Schedule in 2012
2:00am: Digimon Adventure (Fridays)/Tamers (Weekends)
2:30am: Medabots
3:00am: Sitting Ducks
3:30am: Woody Woodpecker Show
4:00am: Mon Colle Knights
4:30am: Kirby: Right back at ya
5:00am: Power Rangers Wild Force
5:30am: Flint: The time detective

harry580

also since we talking about iptv services could disney, fox, sony and Warner Bros launched their iptv services come on plenty please I would love to see a blue sky studios branded channel and a jetix revival on a disney iptv service

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
Maybe on an adult swim type block or Fox Family. Heck, some Fox Kids international channels aired the simpsons!

Remember, despite its failings, Fox Family did good in some departments. It shot up kid ratings during the early years and won with tweens during the latter years. If it wasn’t sold off, it probably wouldn’t be as big as Nick or Disney, but it would probably be higher than some of the other kids channels.

Moe

Maybe on an adult swim type block or Fox Family. Heck, some Fox Kids international channels aired the simpsons!

Remember, despite its failings, Fox Family did good in some departments. It shot up kid ratings during the early years and won with tweens during the latter years. If it wasn’t sold off, it probably wouldn’t be as big as Nick or Disney, but it would probably be higher than some of the other kids channels.
I know why - it is because of PTC and they were very strong in 2000s and they filed endless of complaints over contents in virtually every TV shows and movies - lead to broadcast decay eventually.

PTC tried to lobby the Congress to regulate on networks that air on cable and satellite without successful. If happened, it means most if not all live TV would be dead by now, so leave PTC with very little hand to troll on networks by file endless numbers of complaints.

Moe

Sunday mornings are for E/I
Federal law require broadcast network to air minimum 3 hours worth of E/I within specific hours when children are viewing, but decline of live TV, nobody want to watch E/I anymore, so federal law needs to be repealed or modified to allow any children programming, even if they aren't E/I.

We as members in here know more than politicians, sadly.

Review Metabee

Federal law require broadcast network to air minimum 3 hours worth of E/I within specific hours when children are viewing, but decline of live TV, nobody want to watch E/I anymore, so federal law needs to be repealed or modified to allow any children programming, even if they aren't E/I.

We as members in here know more than politicians, sadly.
The worst part is you are right

RegularCapital

Staff member
Saban was the smaller partner in the joint-venture even though they owned around half, although they were a big content contributor to Fox Family, its size hindered the development and investment in the channel, the channel struggled to make a profit and had a debt problem.

If Fox had the appetite to have taken on Fox Family as a wholly owned channel and buy out Saban Entertainment completely, Fox would've use its huge resources and funds to make something good of it.

Murdoch was focusing on buying out DirecTV as it seemed to be a more worthwhile investment than keeping Fox Family Worldwide.

harry580

Saban was the smaller partner in the joint-venture even though they owned around half, although they were a big content contributor to Fox Family, its size hindered the development and investment in the channel, the channel struggled to make a profit and had a debt problem.

If Fox had the appetite to have taken on Fox Family as a wholly owned channel and buy out Saban Entertainment completely, Fox would've use its huge resources and funds to make something good of it.
I think haim saban should just retired from the entertainment industry by selling his studio that is saban entertainment and his stake in fox family worldwide to news corporation/fox, maybe haim saban would return to the entertainment industry by dubbing animes instead of producing shows like power rangers
Murdoch was focusing on buying out DirecTV as it seemed to be a more worthwhile investment than keeping Fox Family Worldwide.
that why Murdoch should focus on buying fox family worldwide before buying directv, I think 2004, 2005 or 2006 would have been a perfect year for news corp to buy directv

Last edited:

Moe

There are strong competition in children programming - Nick, Disney and CN.

Fox won't survive the strong competition and if Fox didn't sell Saban, Fox Kids and Fox Family in 2001, so it will sell to Disney eventually - it is known as delayed acquisition. Beside Saban, Fox didn't have many recognizable brands that are suitable for children and Fox didn't believe that buy Saban will help everything to beat 3 major channels - Nick, CN and Disney. It will make Saban, Fox Kids and Fox Family less valuable and Fox will lose the money if it wasn't sell in 2001.

I was almost 14 at that time when Disney bought Saban, Fox Kids and Fox Family in 2001. I did remember about watch Power Rangers on Fox Kids with other students in Fall 2001 - it was 1 year before Fox killed Fox Kids block. Power Rangers moved to ABC Kids and eventually ABC Family before dumped in Toon Disney under Jetix banner.

Toon Disney was awesome in 2002 but after Disney dumped Jetix into Toon Disney in 2004 - it wasn't same anymore. Of course, I was extremely upset at that time and most of my favorite Disney Afternoon shows disappeared, even they didn't re-run on Disney Channel anymore after moved to Toon Disney in 1998.

It wasn't first time for Fox that sold to Disney and second time was 20th Century - it was most recent.

harry580

There are strong competition in children programming - Nick, Disney and CN.
but competition is a good thing from what I heard
Beside Saban, Fox didn't have many recognizable brands that are suitable for children and Fox didn't believe that buy Saban will help everything to beat 3 major channels - Nick, CN and Disney. It will make Saban, Fox Kids and Fox Family less valuable and Fox will lose the money if it wasn't sell in 2001.
well there are the filmation cartoons based on fox films like journey to the center of the earth and fantastic voyage, Arizona fox animation studios films (most notable anatastia) and at the time fourthcoming blue sky studios films and they did have terrytoons but they only have the distribution rights, viacomcbs owned terrytoons (its a shame, I wish fox has a looney tunes/terrytoons/walt Lantz/those screen gems cartoons esque cartoon series)

Moe

but competition is a good thing from what I heard
At beginning, yes but not at end, the strong competition threw Fox Kids out as Fox was unable to beat Nick - it was very powerful channel at that time, secondly, CN and thirdly, Disney.

Disney Channel wasn't available as basic cable to some cable companies like Time Warner and Comcast at that time in 2000.

well there are the filmation cartoons based on fox films like journey to the center of the earth and fantastic voyage, Arizona fox animation studios films (most notable anatastia) and at the time fourthcoming blue sky studios films and they did have terrytoons but they only have the distribution rights, viacomcbs owned terrytoons (its a shame, I wish fox has a looney tunes/terrytoons/walt Lantz/those screen gems cartoons esque cartoon series)
but in 2001, children programming wasn't part of Fox's strategy that they used to be in 1990, unfortunately.

If Nick was unpopular so Fox will have solid case to expand the Fox Kids further, so they won't have to sell to Disney. Nick was struggle back in early 1980s when they used pinball but got much improved after game shows and Nicktoons shows came in early 1990s.

If you ask me - Nick killed Fox Kids? My answer will be yes.

harry580

At beginning, yes but not at end, the strong competition threw Fox Kids out as Fox was unable to beat Nick - it was very powerful channel at that time, secondly, CN and thirdly, Disney.

Disney Channel wasn't available as basic cable to some cable companies like Time Warner and Comcast at that time in 2000.

but in 2001, children programming wasn't part of Fox's strategy that they used to be in 1990, unfortunately.
well i think 2002 would have been a revival of fox strategy with children programing with the launch of blue sky studios,fox finally bought haim saban stake in fox family worldwide (meant they not only bought back fox children productions but also bought Saban Entertainment) and fox producing children programming again

If Nick was unpopular so Fox will have solid case to expand the Fox Kids further, so they won't have to sell to Disney. Nick was struggle back in early 1980s when they used pinball but got much improved after game shows and Nicktoons shows came in early 1990s.

If you ask me - Nick killed Fox Kids? My answer will be yes.
well fox kids/family did have game shows at one time here are the images:
1615867145133.png

1615867155589.png

1615867162109.png

1615867172009.png

I believe there more but I didn't know the names

and for the nicktoons part, this thread may told you why:

Last edited:

Moe

well i think 2002 would have been a revival of fox strategy with children programing with the launch of blue sky studios,fox finally bought haim saban stake in fox family worldwide (meant they not only bought back fox children productions but also bought Saban Entertainment) and fox producing children programming again
Blue Sky Studios was very new back in 2002 and first movie was Ice Age, but successful of Ice Age doesn't reflect that children programming on TV will be successful and next film didn't occur until 2005 when Robots released. The TV market is more complicated for Fox and if Fox Kids/Fox Family didn't well at end, so Blue Sky Studios won't if it was for TV. Fox tried this and rating wasn't well, so Fox is done with children programming on TV after that. Disney tried with Pixar and it wasn't pretty back in 2001, also Fox saw about what happened with Pixar, so they didn't bother to revive.

I grew up with Fox Kids and Fox Family - I can tell you - it was impressive when first aired in 1990 and continued until late 1990s, it went downhill and eventually, I stopped watch because I didn't find much to be interesting, beside Power Rangers. Tom and Jerry Kids, Tiny Toon Adventures and The Batman helped very much to make Fox Kids more popular in early 1990s.

Nick did good job to pull many kids away from Fox Kids, even students at my old school told us about how popular was Nick at that time.

Not just Nick finished Fox Kids off, FCC is blamed for tighten the E/I regulation that put many TV affiliates in difficult position, but Fox Family did help for short time but rating went down.

Fox Family was awesome for Christmas movies and I watched most of time in late 90s.

Edit: After saw a link that you shared, I forgot to mention WB Kids too because of Pokemon.

Last edited:

Review Metabee

My question is. Why didn't Woody Woodpecker air on Jetix/ABC Family
ABC Family worldwide still had the rights

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts