What if Emoji Movie became the highest grossing animated movie?

5YearsOnEastCoast

I'm pretty sure you all know the story about Emoji Movie. It was heavily panned when it was announced back in 2015 and was even more hated when it was released in summer 2017. It is a worst reviewed mainstream animated movie and won 4 Razzies, something no other animated movie was able to do. But despite the almost universal hatred, it grossed a little more than 200 million dollars in theaters on 50 million dollar budget, it was a modest success, but not enough to get a sequel. I got myself thinking, what if not only just earned enough money for a sequel, but become a highest grossing animated movie in history of animation. Like grossing almost 2 billion dollars in box office. This is a very scary thought but now granted that (thankfully) didn't happen, but what if it did got that title of highest grossing animated movie in history of animation. Will movie line up from animated studios look different than it is now? Will quality go down?

Radiant97

Uploaded Intelligence
Then this would be more than just a sick joke.
images (32).jpeg

There would be several sequels and the lower tier animation studios would definitely make copycat films. But for the bigger companies like Pixar, Disney & Dreamworks I doubt they would do anything different creatively wise. Maybe reduce the budget of certain films but that's about it.

Ghoster1987

howdy
probably give up on American feature animation for 3 years. Because that movie was so terrible i would've almost gave up on that medium. But i know better

Last edited:

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
GAME OVER

DESPAIR, for Western Animation is DEAD

THE END

...That's pretty much the basic grasp of it. Thank God that isn't the case and Western Animation continues to get better, IMHO - well, maybe not in film's sense at the moment.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts