What if 4Kids picked up Hamtaro?

Latest News

Feb 6, 2017
Ratings
12 3

We all remember Hamtaro in early 2000's. that anime was dubbed by The Ocean Group and aired on Cartoon Network between 2002 and 2004. But i was thinking of myself, What if 4Kids Entertainment picked up Hamtaro and dubbed it.

At first, it was supposed to be air on Kids' WB!. But due to 4Kids winning a bidding war for Fox's Saturday Morning programming (Since Fox Kids brand and library, including Power Rangers, was sold to Disney in 2001), 4Kids decided to aired it on Fox Box.

Hamtaro aired on Fox Box (later 4Kids TV) on September 14, 2002. It was one of the first shows to aired on the block. It aired new episodes until June 3, 2006, Due to 4Kids loses Hamtaro license. Despite the lose of license, it starts airing reruns on February 10, 2007 on 4Kids TV on Fox until the block discontinued on December 28, 2008.

4Kids moved the reruns of Hamtaro to the new The CW4Kids block on March 7, 2009. the reruns stopped on July 17, 2010.

After 4Kids bankrupt and all their assets (including Hamtaro) was sold to Saban Brands (spiritual successor to Saban Entertainment). the rights to Hamtaro now owned by Saban Brands, it began airing reruns on Saban's new block, Vortexx , on January 5, 2013. reruns of Hamtaro ended on September 27, 2014, when Vortexx ended.

jaylop97

Staff member
Oct 5, 2014
Ratings
5,236 36
Austin, Texas
I think the show would have aired on Kids WB, not sure how much differently would it have had with an audience but I could see 4kids making more changes throughout the show, compared to Ocean.

Feb 6, 2017
Ratings
12 3
I definitely would have watched it more if it were on Kids WB. That was where I watched most of Saturday morning cartoons. Well, that and Fox Kids.
Sadly, Fox Kids was part of the package of the Fox Family Worldwide that was sold to Disney in 2001. I was thinking the same thing about Hamtaro on Kids WB. Sadly, 4Kids decided to air it on their own block, Fox Box.

latest?cb=20170523020656.jpg

We all remember Hamtaro in early 2000's. that anime was dubbed by The Ocean Group and aired on Cartoon Network between 2002 and 2004. But i was thinking of myself, What if 4Kids Entertainment picked up Hamtaro and dubbed it.

latest?cb=20120118051541.jpg

At first, it was supposed to be air on Kids' WB!. But due to 4Kids winning a bidding war for Fox's Saturday Morning programming (Since Fox Kids brand and library, including Power Rangers, was sold to Disney in 2001), 4Kids decided to aired it on Fox Box.

Hamtaro aired on Fox Box (later 4Kids TV) on September 14, 2002. It was one of the first shows to aired on the block. It aired new episodes until June 3, 2006, Due to 4Kids loses Hamtaro license. Despite the lose of license, it starts airing reruns on February 10, 2007 on 4Kids TV on Fox until the block discontinued on December 28, 2008.

4Kids moved the reruns of Hamtaro to the new The CW4Kids block on March 7, 2009. the reruns stopped on July 17, 2010.

After 4Kids bankrupt and all their assets (including Hamtaro) was sold to Saban Brands (spiritual successor to Saban Entertainment). the rights to Hamtaro now owned by Saban Brands, it began airing reruns on Saban's new block, Vortexx , on January 5, 2013. reruns of Hamtaro ended on September 27, 2014, when Vortexx ended.
Well, it would be weird and they would all have different voice actors PLUS different dialogue..
I liked the openings, though

I also wished Mini Moni comes back since they did all three movies!
(Formally, they're all grown up.. :()

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

♪ It's Craig of the Creek, he's gonna say duuuuuh ♫
Keinichi Hamada (or whatever his name is spelled) from NHK World sounds like a Japanese equivalent of that guy from the Kingdouble Ceramic Knives infomercial
All right! Profile posts are back! Now what was I talking about?
Alright, @RandomMe. I'll bite. What's DC PT?
It's a shame that while you Americans keep age-old televised Halloween traditions, here in Portugal they have since been abnegated (I'm talking to you, DC PT).