What happens if the Powerpuff girls of 2016 never have the ‘colored’ eyes like the original?

Latest News & Videos

thomas2313412

Nov 9, 2011
When I look at the storyboard and episode promotional posters of the PPG 2016 series it made me realise that these eyes could have been used for the 2016 powerpuff girls in the reboot series

Look at these storyboard and promotional posters which are made by cartoon network storyboard artist Grace Kraft for example

There is not a single thing that displays the ‘classic’ eyes from the original series,I mean if these ‘eyes’ could have been used for the reboot ,It could have ended up like the image I edited with photoshop here for example :

And if these type of eyes are used for the final design ,These expressions won’t be off model when ever they do the expression faces as these eyes are their official design instead of the classic ones but if the classic eyes are not used for the reboot series,Original fans will still complain about the show as they think that the characters are still not like the original ones similar to what happened to the reaction to the dance pantsed special ,So nothing changes for the reboot series with or without the ‘classic’ eyes. Right?

Perla Magica

Digital Love
Jul 29, 2016
Poland (Europe)
Fun idea because almost all episodes has girls without colored eyes (when they're shocked or suprised), most of the scenes with these "eyes" has "Rainy Day".
latest?cb=20161108155248.png

latest?cb=20161108155125.png

latest?cb=20160824171258.png

thomas2313412

Nov 9, 2011
Fun idea because almost all episodes has girls without colored eyes (when they're shocked or suprised), most of the scenes with these "eyes" has "Rainy Day".
latest?cb=20161108155248.png

latest?cb=20161108155125.png

latest?cb=20160824171258.png

latest?cb=20160824171233.png

latest?cb=20161220100917.png

My thoughts exactly,It made me wish that the crew who designed this reboot could have the girls eyes remain like that instead of the ones like the original,But then again that would make the criticism by the original fans much worse as they don't like what the reboot creators did to the powerpuffs eyes instead of the original ones.

thomas2313412

Nov 9, 2011
The examples you provided are probably just shortcuts for making the characters easier to draw (quicker for board artists).
I guess that answers my question and I guess what you said proves that the animators of the reboot are truly lazy,They need to be hard working to make good animation.Though the words you said made me wonder if the crew of the ducktales reboot might be lazy like the PPG reboot crew or not but I could be wrong.

CartoonFan89

Nov 6, 2015
I guess that answers my question and I guess what you said proves that the animators of the reboot are truly lazy,They need to be hard working to make good animation.Though the words you said made me wonder if the crew of the ducktales reboot might be lazy like the PPG reboot crew or not but I could be wrong.
It probably has nothing to do with laziness and all to do with budget and time. Which sucks but it's how it works nowadays.

jaylop97

Staff member
Oct 5, 2014
Austin, Texas
I'd say the pupil colour suits them really well, I'd say without the tone it would feel out of place for the girls as the only feeling that I would get from them is they're focusing on something else.

thomas2313412

Nov 9, 2011
I'd say the pupil colour suits them really well, I'd say without the tone it would feel out of place for the girls as the only feeling that I would get from them is they're focusing on something else.
Yeah that might be true but the reboot girls always black dot eyes a lot when they are surprised or something especially when they make other different expression faces ,It makes me think that crew should have used the dotted eyes on the girls instead of the classic colored ones or try a different style since whatever expression the reboot girls did won't fit especially the tone and style of the series since the original fans hated it.

It’s definitely true. I’ve seen boards of Gravity Falls where they don’t bother drawing the character’s noses.
The storyboard art doesn’t need to be detailed as it’s main goal is to focus on staging.
Good point ,I saw the storyboards of Gravity falls and some of them have no noses but at least they are just rough drawings ,it happens to a lot of storyboard artists during pre-production

thomas2313412

Nov 9, 2011
I'd stay stick with the original colored eyes - remove them and the fans of the original will rage more than they are now. I mean, replacing the original VAs for the girls is punishment enough for them.
Yes,I agree with that and I am wondering when cartoon network will cancel the show since it isn't gain the attention they wanted unlike teen titans go ,when will they decide to cancel it ,after season 3 probably 2019?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm not getting HBO Max because my mom felt that we didn't need to get another streaming service. I already have Netflix, Hulu, etc.
the reason i keep going in animesuperhero site is because nobody else is getting more effort on posting the updates, and I ended up doing all the work. If I will have job in future, then who's going to get more effort on postings? I mean I can understand if people are busy working, then fine..
I'm now using my friend's old laptop, since my laptop still has some problems, restart problems possibly due to updates on windows

I don't know if there's a thread, so I'll put this here.

Luke Skywalker says to practice social distancing.