What happens if a reboot of Beast King GoLion (Voltron's source material) is made?

thomas2313412

Since the Netflix animated series Voltron: Legendary Defender is kinda popular (which to honestly tell you the truth,I don't watch it which I will explain the reason why,later.) I am going to talk about it's predecessor Voltron: Defender of the Universe from the 80s .

You see Voltron: Defender of the Universe is just a 'repackage dub plot altered series' of the real series made from japan and that is Beast King GoLion or The King of Hundred Beasts GoLion (百獣王ゴライオン) ,I didn't watch the series because I prefer subbed anime with original language though I think I watched some of it when I was 5.

Anyway since Voltron: Legendary Defender gain popularity ,I was thinking maybe its source material anime Beast King GoLion should get a similar reboot treatment but made in Japan and this time made by the makers of the original anime TOEI animation with a help with another animation studio to make the series better.

The reboot will be faithful to the original but will be aimed for pre teen audience or teenagers and will be a mixed tone of Light and Dark .

And the characters of the reboot anime will be based on source material not the VOLTRON one from america like the reboot version of Akira 'Chief' Kogane not his voltron counterpart.

Plus a remix of a original Golion theme or a different one

Anyway the series will be co-produced by both TOEI and some other anime studio and will try to pay homage to the source material in a different anime style or maybe do a similar thing to what TOEI did to revive TIGER MASK with TIGER MASK W

What do you think?

JaredCap43™

I'm the Mighty Pocoyo, no CEO can defeat me!
I hope it won't be like Cringey Titans Stop with it's cringey jokes and unfunny gags about "WAFFLES!".

DecaTilde

Beauty is only fur deep.
If a reboot were to happen, they'd go retro with a recreation of the original Golion logo, like the one I did, and place the Hiragana on top of "百獣王" and the English translated letters below "ゴライオン".

-nJMLcO6r_E33zXgzOycixuJgaF-txy8mFaqpgP5Np2uDjJBhobxQrmmXBMFxJxU0zi3QXV15k6quoRewRB3FMZ-AxDcpQ-M3xMzTOlH0j7G7hJa0LE1Dh-TKhX8bujLdvzY6zvDXWG2cW1G5to4tTnyqRWN-8BIipz5GrLxvsUPnnM6cHqsL1YupWTLxDfP7R8ccGkMYGCwa0QYzejIpSPX57KbjD9Sjz92sjXDVYWlhgXMigqPgu7X471zXLwx-YJ6XkNO9PLesdY5sE8ZriCv0qHWWZH3eqczEUq3hg5amKPyItNUr271-h4T-F_gFPBQURec6mYsXSaFXijyd3kMTueegbFp6fKObhMPpqbWdZ6csAqmdgejOcCKS7lBj3UuiIl92a_V1sMPeTiC6ckszWjhvrBNDwpFxQgCdN7Mt3-afDu0fybExSddK1r4_OgnWUFjMchkB9S5NPyzJcF5NIwiUN6soiwZL8_MyV_mOrtrJ36Sl-3RNUjz85-8LbV6zoBA_KBQLi751e_w50QxebOlZ2LUtxRm5vPnpRnQ3mT7hXrQBHr0Y6b1ip2S_NHWDNqH1M12XIQIpgLFa3V9I_bQjjtYevbRgGa9-Q=w1193-h628-no

Zeether

HASSHA!!
GoLion isn't that big in Japan, so this wouldn't happen. Even the series that became Vehicle Voltron (Dairugger) seems to be basically forgotten.

thomas2313412

Be quite interesting and i'm enjoying the new reboot of the old classic show

Yeah,I hope so too

If a reboot were to happen, they'd go retro with a recreation of the original Golion logo, like the one I did, and place the Hiragana on top of "百獣王" and the English translated letters below ****
-nJMLcO6r_E33zXgzOycixuJgaF-txy8mFaqpgP5Np2uDjJBhobxQrmmXBMFxJxU0zi3QXV15k6quoRewRB3FMZ-AxDcpQ-M3xMzTOlH0j7G7hJa0LE1Dh-TKhX8bujLdvzY6zvDXWG2cW1G5to4tTnyqRWN-8BIipz5GrLxvsUPnnM6cHqsL1YupWTLxDfP7R8ccGkMYGCwa0QYzejIpSPX57KbjD9Sjz92sjXDVYWlhgXMigqPgu7X471zXLwx-YJ6XkNO9PLesdY5sE8ZriCv0qHWWZH3eqczEUq3hg5amKPyItNUr271-h4T-F_gFPBQURec6mYsXSaFXijyd3kMTueegbFp6fKObhMPpqbWdZ6csAqmdgejOcCKS7lBj3UuiIl92a_V1sMPeTiC6ckszWjhvrBNDwpFxQgCdN7Mt3-afDu0fybExSddK1r4_OgnWUFjMchkB9S5NPyzJcF5NIwiUN6soiwZL8_MyV_mOrtrJ36Sl-3RNUjz85-8LbV6zoBA_KBQLi751e_w50QxebOlZ2LUtxRm5vPnpRnQ3mT7hXrQBHr0Y6b1ip2S_NHWDNqH1M12XIQIpgLFa3V9I_bQjjtYevbRgGa9-Q=w1193-h628-no

Um..I don't see it because its deleted

EDIT:I apologise but the board doesn't let me post the reply because of a japanese word that is considered banned so I replace it with "****" instead,I hope you forgive me for this.

GoLion isn't that big in Japan, so this wouldn't happen. Even the series that became Vehicle Voltron (Dairugger) seems to be basically forgotten.

Sadly but true, at least they appear in the super robot Wars game which is a bright side,right?

SpaceCowboy

If Toei were to reboot this series, it would probably make a concious effort to not look like the newer Voltron show.

Last edited:

thomas2313412

If Toei were to reboot this series, it would probably make a concious effort to not look like the newer Voltron show.

I agree,They need to make it modern anime like,or atleast a modern take on Golions anime style.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

WBD announces a Meerkat Manor animated film. In other news, the world suddenly remembers Meerkat Manor exists.
Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when the HD Double Pack of Final Fantasy X & X-2 was released on the Nintendo Switch in North America. It was nice to be able to play my favorite Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system.
Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)

Featured Posts