What happened to the "Cartoon Cartoon" brand on Cartoon Network?

• Enter to win two tickets to Whisper of the Heart. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

wonderfly

Is this the future?!?
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 22, 2002
Springfield, MO

It was. Also notice how Snyder cancelled literally all of Samples' shows in 2007-2010!

You were right last month about OKKO. I just didn't realize it that much. Miller's era always felt like a continuation of Snyder until now.
I've been thinking on it some more, and there's one small difference:

The final episode of Dexter's Lab aired in November, 2003. "Foster's Home" premiered in August, 2004.

The final episodes of "Foster's Home" aired in May, 2009. "Adventure Time" premiered in April, 2010.

The final episode of Adventure Time aired in September 2018. "OK KO" premiered....one year prior, in August, 2017.

I'm just wondering if something MORE AWESOME than "OK KO" is set to premiere in the next few months and truly kick off the next era. I wonder if 2017, 2018 and 2019 are gonna be like 2007, 2008 and 2009: Back then we thought the "Noods" era was going to be a long term thing, but it was cut short in early 2010. Cartoon Network "re-calibrated" and decided to go with the "Check it" brand and focus on Adventure Time/Regular Show.

Due to the Warner Bros./Cartoon Network management shuffling, I'm just wondering 2017/2018/2019 are going to be an era cut short as management alters the game plan for the network.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Belgium
This era can't be cut short. It's already too late for that. Samples started in 2001, his first cartoons premiered in 2003, Snyder started in 2007, his first cartoons premiered in 2010, and Miller started in 2014, her first cartoons premiered in 2016.

If we're getting a new president in 2020 (stress "IF"):
1) then his/her new cartoons will probably premiere in 2022
2) then Miller's era will have lasted 6 years, which is as long as Samples' era and only one year shorter than Snyder's era

And with "we'", I mean CN, not us, we still have the royalty assigned to us by the British in 1830 :sweat:

OK KO isn't popular in Europe, I don't know about other continents. I predict it to end in 2021 at the latest. (with 90 - 150 episodes)

It doesn't make much sense to me to consider Infinity Train (or another upcoming Miller cartoon) the start of a new era. Miller's era started a while ago. By the time Miller's hit series ends (whatever it will be), it could be almost 2030 already, when the next era is ending. Unless the new president cancels it during its prime, like what happened with Flapjack and Danny Phantom. (Cyma didn't like action)

I think you're a bit biased because you don't have TV anymore. If you pick Infinity Train as a new start, you're basically ignoring 2016-2018 completely, as if those years never happened. Let's not forget that Adventure Time became irrelevant in 2016-ish, and only got renewed because of its popularity in Asia and perhaps Australia.

Last edited:
Reactions: wonderfly

wonderfly

Is this the future?!?
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 22, 2002
Springfield, MO
I think you're a bit biased because you don't have TV anymore. If you pick Infinity Train as a new start, you're basically ignoring 2016-2018 completely, as if those years never happened. Let's not forget that Adventure Time became irrelevant in 2016-ish, and only got renewed because of its popularity in Asia and perhaps Australia.
I don't know what role Australia and Asia had in keeping the show on the air, but yeah, 2016 sounds about right for when "Adventure Time" started to truly fade away.

And yeah, Flapjack being cut short, that's sort of what I'm picturing will happen to some of the shows on the network today. But I could be proven wrong.

Reactions: Red Arrow

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Carlos Gutierrez wrote on PinkiePie97's profile.
I really do need to see Unikitty, Puppycorn, Dr. Fox, Hawkodile, and Richard come back for more new adventures this summer!
Happy Father's Day to all dads out there (including my own)!
Homestar Runner was trending yesterday and I didn't notice. Is the series all up ons again?
Amphibia looks pretty deece so far. The premise is like the isekai anime genre, except the main protagonist isn't stuck in a typical fantasy RPG world that most isekai anime take place in.