what happened to "Cinescape" magazine?

• Enter to win a $100 or a $50 gift code to FUN.com. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Michael24

Staff member
Feb 2, 2004
This was my favorite movie magazine. I read it each month since '96, but I haven't seen a new issue since early last summer, at least. Was it cancelled? I tried going to cinescape.com and now it forwards to some entertainment site called mania.com. I miss my Cinescape. :(

JustJack

Just Odd
Jun 15, 2001
Neverwhere
www.myspace.com
Not sure about Cinescape, but I know Premier is going away for sure. With the internet, magazine's are becoming more and more pointless. If movie news gets released on the web Monday, what's the point of reading it in a magazine 2 weeks later?

Though, now that you mention it, I haven't seen Cinescape either. Perhaps they went the way of the dino's.

Temple Fugate

Jan 15, 2004
Westchester
www.catomix.com
Not sure about Cinescape, but I know Premier is going away for sure. With the internet, magazine's are becoming more and more pointless. If movie news gets released on the web Monday, what's the point of reading it in a magazine 2 weeks later?
There are a lot of things magazines offer besides just outdated news. I enjoy the witty writing of some periodicals like Entertainment Weekly. Plus magazines have articles not necessarily based on recently-released information. Popular Mechanics, for example, goes in-depth with technological advancements that hardly get any press in the "IT'S HAPPENING RIGHT NOW!!!" on-line news market.

It's sad to hear that Cinescape went under. I never read it, but as a cinema guy myself one less movie mag in the world is a bad thing.

Michael24

Staff member
Feb 2, 2004
I think back in 2004 Cinescape was bought by another company, which promply went under, taking it's horror-themed spin-off, Wicked, with it as well, but Cinescape did resurfaced sometime after. I guess it's now gone for good. :(

It was the only movie magazine I read on a regular basis. I, personally, prefer reading a magazine than looking for news online. I still like to just walk into a store and actually buy something. I guess I'm just old school that way. :)

The Clown Prince

My God carries a big Hammer
Staff member
May 29, 2001
Portland, Oregon
I used to read Cinescape magazine all the time too. I quit reading several years ago as a result of the Internet.

Cinescape.com over went an overhaul early last year now being called Mania.com. I'm not sure if they were overtaken by another company or just simply wanted to change their name. But the old Cinescape website design is now completey different with this new name.

The Clown Prince