What do you think of the idea of animated movie expansions?

HunterMon17

This is where a film is re-tooled to follow another character or series of events taking place at the same time as the original story, with some scenes possibly being deleted scenes or straight up recycled scenes from the original film, and released in theaters with a new subtitle a year after the original film comes out.
Say for example I make a Secret Agent movie which tells the story of a CIA spy trying to find and diffuse a hidden bomb threatening to blow up Las Vegas, the origins of which no one seems to know until the villain is caught towards the end. A year later, I'd release Secret Agent: The Untold Files, which shows how the bomb was created and planted and explores the villain's motivations and efforts leading up to their reveal in the original film more in-depth.

Dantheman

Gee, I never thought about that...
I kinda liked how the Phineas and Ferb Star Wars special incorporated deleted scenes from the original Star Wars (Namely, showing Luke seeing the opening battle from the ground while tending to his uncle's moisture vaporators).

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

WBD announces a Meerkat Manor animated film. In other news, the world suddenly remembers Meerkat Manor exists.
Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when the HD Double Pack of Final Fantasy X & X-2 was released on the Nintendo Switch in North America. It was nice to be able to play my favorite Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system.
Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)

Featured Posts